CT - Peter Manfredonia, 23, suspect in two murders, Willington, May 2020 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by steeltowngirl, May 25, 2020.

1. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

Yes, you're right. If he was last seen Sun. evening and car 'may have been stolen' Mon. eve., he could be traveling in any direction.
    Canada? Florida? midwest?
    How will they ever find him til he harms again?

Marg from Oz, dotr, momsof3 and 5 others like this.

2. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

I am worried that he has somebody hostage at this time. Seems to be his MO. And he hasn't been spotted in Jersey City I am guessing.

3. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Excellent research idea and food for thought. Thanks so much.

jmo

4. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I think the guns (and food) he stole are in the backpack/bag.

jmo

5. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

He did have some food, but probably not much. “Manfredonia carried out a home invasion in Willington and held a 73-year-old man hostage until Sunday morning, when he left with with food, three shotguns and a pistol and the man’s truck.“ (BBM)

Can’t be much room left in the duffel bag along with the firearms. Hope they are also checking boats along the Delaware River. He could be hiding out or resting (as did the Boston bomber).

I’m wondering if PM has himself been injured during any of the attacks?

I’m grateful schools are currently closed in that area.

Manhunt for UConn senior suspected in two homicides continues; Peter Manfredonia’s family urges him to 'turn yourself in’

6. JerseyWoodsman

JerseyWoodsman Member

Poconos has a lot of deep forest areas around the East Stroudsburg area....hikers should be aware.

Was he a boy scout or an outdoor type person?

7. NerdLumps89

NerdLumps89 Member

Also interesting to note - there is an entire plot point around Thanos literally snapping his fingers and wiping out half of the life in the universe. It seems "Thanos snapped" has multiple meanings, here.

Avengers Theory: How Thanos' Finger Snap Fits Into Infinity War

Quote from article that sums up the point:
    "Death had tasked Thanos with balancing the cosmos and eliminating half of all life, which the Titan realized he had yet to accomplish. So, he raised his newly-won Infinity Gauntlet, snapped his fingers, and wiped out half of the universe - just like that."

kimpage, neesaki, TimesEight and 13 others like this.
  8. enelram

Yes, you're right. If he was last seen Sun. evening and car 'may have been stolen' Mon. eve., he could be traveling in any direction.
    Canada? Florida? midwest?
    How will they ever find him til he harms again?
    not that I've seen, however a friend said he was transitioning to veganism and training for Iron Man.
    He's strong so maybe he's carrying a lot of stolen food in the duffelbag.

9. Angelcat13

Angelcat13 Well-Known Member

Wow!

10. Angelcat13

Angelcat13 Well-Known Member

This case reminds me so much of spree killer Andrew Cunanan. Cunanan had a relationship with his first two victims in Chicago. He then went on a cross-country killing spree - killing a man in Chicago and another man, a caretaker at Finn's Point National Cemetery, in Pennsville, NJ. Police believe the NJ man was killed simply so Cunanan could steal his vehicle, which he used to drive to Miami Beach, where he killed Gianni Versace.

I live in South Jersey, two counties from Pennsville, and I remember the fear people had before Cunanan was found in FL after killing Versace. The seemingly random wanderings of a man that could at any moment pop up and kill people - some who had no known connection to him - made it all the more frightening. I don't think a lot of people initially felt vulnerable because the first two victims had a relationship with Cunanan and some LE persons believed there was some tie to the third victim, too. It wasn't until the fourth victim was killed - in the middle of a quiet cemetery in a small, rural town - that people really believed Cunanan was a danger to anyone and became afraid.

PM gives me this same sort of vibe in that he had connections to the first two victims (even though the first victims were only "connected" by being neighbors of someone he was stalking). I fear that he may spiral further out of control and kill people that he seems to see some sort of "connection" to, even if it only exists in his mind.

All of this is IMO and I really hope there are no more victims. And I pray for his victims and their families - including the original girl that seems to have been his target - and for the people of Sandy Hook that have already had to deal with way more tragedy than any place should ever have to deal with.

11. enelram

I wonder if FBI profilers or anyone else tracking this can figure out why he headed to Pa.
    I wonder also where his family used to vacation when he was younger.
    Where do his grandparents live? aunts, uncles,
    cousins? Who were his friends on SM? Or did
    he only have 'acquaintenances and not real friends?
    Thanos believed he was all alone and no real friends.

neesaki, zecats, MerBeach and 9 others like this.
  12. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

13. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

14. enelram

15. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

Wow, just caught up with this thread! This whole situation/case is so disturbing on so many levels. I am surprised they haven't found him yet, what a nightmare. I hope they can find him soon before he hurts anyone else. With all the weapons he is traveling with he may snap further if he knows LE is closing in on him

16. enelram

17. Ricki

Ricki Well-Known Member

It seems he is staying close to the railroad tracks. Possibly waiting for one he can attempt to get on. JMO

FBI: ‘plethora of crimes’ in case of suspected killer Peter Manfredonia
    Manfredonia is believed to be in the Poconos Mountains of eastern Pennsylvania

Local police in Duryea, P.A. reported a possible sighting Tuesday night of a man they said fit Manfredonia’s description behind a dumpster at a firehouse.

“fled from the area towards the wooded area and railroad tracks”

18. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

My mom now lives in Pennsville...and I grew up in Salem County. We kids played so many times at Fort Mott which is attached to Finn's Point. Totally remember this murder. Very sad..

I still go to Finn's Point to lay wreaths on the stones with my friend, whose husband was a veteran, and it still creeps me out.

19. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Love the Thanos angle, PM even looks somewhat similar to him, wondering if PM might shave off his hair to look more like his hero and to help disguise himself? speculation, imo.
    [​IMG]
    Syfy

20. enelram

I thought so too and that pic of him in HS in 2013 really looked similar. And as I was reading on the escapades of Thanos a theme which came up over and over was his size and power and Iron Man stature.