GUILTY CT - Peter Manfredonia, 23, suspect in two murders with a samurai sword, Willington, May 2020 *ARREST*

I thought PM would be brought back to Ct. right away but some articles say not for a week or two.
Anyone know why the delay? Will they charge him in Pa. for the car theft?

Officials in Connecticut now have 30 days to pick Manfredonia up in Maryland and transfer him back to the state.

That is a big time span for pick up. JMO

In his booking photo, all I see in his eyes is NOTHING. To me they seem completely blank - no sadness, no anger, no soul. Just empty.

It's so sad because I look at the earlier photos (before the one with the dreadlocks) and he looks so NORMAL.

My greatest sympathy is with the victims, their families and friends, the original girl that was targeted and her family, etc. I also feel so very sad for the community of Sandy Hook. They must feel like they are in a nightmare that never ends. But I also have sympathy for PM's family and, if mental illness does turn out to be a factor, I feel for PM, too.

As a parent, I think we have all had times when our kids have said or done something that makes us not like them very much - even though we still love them even during those times. Several months before my oldest son died (33 y/o), the son of an acquaintance (DP) was charged (and later convicted) of murdering his girlfriend and her father in a very brutal manner. He was about the same age as my son and they went to the same school but weren't in the same circle of friends. My son said that he hung out with the group that was know to party (drink & get high) but that they weren't the hardcore party crowd (into more serious drugs) as far as he knew and he was surprised to see that DP did such a horrible thing. The trial revealed problems with opioid addiction and anger management issues, but it had been 15 years since my son knew of him in high school.

After my son died, I remember at some point thinking that, although my son was dead, I would much rather have "lost" my son to death than to have "lost" my son to the prison system like DP's family. Maybe it is an odd coping mechanism, but I cherish all of the wonderful "Chris stories" that were told at my son's funeral and in the four years since. The memories of how much people loved my son and the wonderful things he did for others has always given me something so powerful to hold onto.

I have always felt so much sorrow for DP's mom - I can't imagine what it must be like to know that your son took the lives of two people, leaving the girlfriend's 16 y/o sister alone in a world without her father and sister (their mother had died about two years prior to this). DP probably would have killed her, too, but he didn't realize she was home, asleep. It must be awful to know your son will spend the rest of his life in prison - what type of "life" is that, really? - and that people aren't going to share wonderful stories about her son with her.

I am so sorry to hear your pain, about your son, but having wonderful memories is a blessing.
Often, these memories help us throughout our lives, remembering those that are no longer here, that we loved dearly.

A lawyer representing a witness in the Peter Manfredonia case says his client shared key information with investigators during the six-day manhunt, including where the University of Connecticut student “was planning on going and who he was going to see.”
Alan Barry, a Danbury attorney who described his client as a “cooperating witness” and an acquaintance of Manfredonia, 23, who was apprehended Wednesday night in Maryland and is awaiting extradition to Connecticut where he is accused of two homicides and other crimes that occurred over a three-day span last weekend.
“My client had what turned out to be, according to law enforcement, actionable information regarding Peter Manfredonia, his background, his thought processes, his plans of where he was planning on going and who he was going to see,” Barry said in an interview with Hearst Connecticut Media.“There was no list,” he said. “What my client shared in the most general terms was general plans and people that were acquaintances in one form or another. In no way should it be interpreted that my client came into information with respect to ‘I’m driving to this place, I’m going to see this person.’”
Barry said his client was “never a suspect,” but he declined to say how the man knew this information or how and when Manfredonia communicated it to him.
“He wanted to do something to help, but he was afraid, basically, of how to go forward anonymously and protect himself,” Barry said.
Barry said he approached law enforcement on behalf of his client, who came to him after seeing news reports about police looking for Manfredonia last weekend.
Barry would not say whether the images on social media were the same as the ones his client shared, but said they were similar. Barry also would not say if the photos he saw were taken by his client.
What was clear, the lawyer said — the images are “frightening to look at it.”
“This is somebody who is functioning at an incredibly horrible level who was probably beyond angry and beyond disturbed,” Barry said. “If I knew this person, I would have been really afraid.”
He said neither he nor his client have any specific knowledge about how Manfredonia felt about Lanza.. ..

Attorney: Witness told police Peter Manfredonia's plans during manhunt

this is again the attorney for what he previously referred to as “witness 1” and “he.” It sounds like its an acquaintance of PM, as he says, and it sounds like this witness may have had advance knowledge of PM’s state of mind and possibly even threats, etc. As more comes out that’ll be pretty interesting. This attorney seems to be getting (seeking?) some press attention, which is odd because seems like his client has cursory involvement but could be much more I guess.

this is again the attorney for what he previously referred to as “witness 1” and “he.” It sounds like its an acquaintance of PM, as he says, and it sounds like this witness may have had advance knowledge of PM’s state of mind and possibly even threats, etc. As more comes out that’ll be pretty interesting. This attorney seems to be getting (seeking?) some press attention, which is odd because seems like his client has cursory involvement but could be much more I guess.

This guy had friends and people he shared apartments with. If I am not mistaken, he was also in a fraternity (will look for the link in a bit). If he was indeed looking for women he had previous crushes or relationships with, then a friend/confidant would be able to share their prior conversations. I am sure that for good friends his mental health status was known by quite a few of them. It had to be hard to not know given what that apartment looked like.

If the first killing was in the neighborhood of a woman he wanted to date/have a relationship with and the second killing was related former girlfriend (that he then kidnapped), the knowledge of who he obsessed over in his years at UCONN were fairly easy bits of information that could hold good probative value.

Not sure why the lawyer continues to talk to the press, though. I would think his client wants to retain his anonymity.

Officials in Connecticut now have 30 days to pick Manfredonia up in Maryland and transfer him back to the state.

That is a big time span for pick up. JMO

I agree. However with COVID taking a bit of time to ensure he is not sick from travel and contact in jail, they might want to wait to transfer him. Also, they will probably hire a transport company that will secure him which might take some time to arrange.

y for what he previously referred to as “witness 1” and “he.” It sounds like its an acquaintance of PM, as he says, and it sounds like this witness may have had advance knowledge of PM’s state of mind and possibly even threats, etc. As more comes out that’ll be pretty interesting. This attorney seems to be getting (seeking?) some press attention, which is odd because seems like his client has cursory involvement but could be much more I guess.[/QUOTE]
I recall reading something in the early days of this case that showed this was not the first problem PM had while on campus. It was reported that he had some run-ins w/ females
and it was reported to campus police AND the
Ct. State Police. Maybe nothing was ever done about it I don't know. The reporter contacted UConn to get PM's record w/ campus police and was turned down.
so he could have been a wild child on campus for some time and I'll bet more stories will come out about him.
Is he going to be another Elliot rogers type?
Did he hold grudges against females who rejected him? Or males who got in his way?
I suspect more will come out, at least I hope so.

A lawyer representing a witness in the Peter Manfredonia case says his client shared key information with investigators during the six-day manhunt, including where the University of Connecticut student “was planning on going and who he was going to see.”
Alan Barry, a Danbury attorney who described his client as a “cooperating witness” and an acquaintance of Manfredonia, 23, who was apprehended Wednesday night in Maryland and is awaiting extradition to Connecticut where he is accused of two homicides and other crimes that occurred over a three-day span last weekend.
“My client had what turned out to be, according to law enforcement, actionable information regarding Peter Manfredonia, his background, his thought processes, his plans of where he was planning on going and who he was going to see,” Barry said in an interview with Hearst Connecticut Media.“There was no list,” he said. “What my client shared in the most general terms was general plans and people that were acquaintances in one form or another. In no way should it be interpreted that my client came into information with respect to ‘I’m driving to this place, I’m going to see this person.’”
Barry said his client was “never a suspect,” but he declined to say how the man knew this information or how and when Manfredonia communicated it to him.
“He wanted to do something to help, but he was afraid, basically, of how to go forward anonymously and protect himself,” Barry said.
Barry said he approached law enforcement on behalf of his client, who came to him after seeing news reports about police looking for Manfredonia last weekend.
Barry would not say whether the images on social media were the same as the ones his client shared, but said they were similar. Barry also would not say if the photos he saw were taken by his client.
What was clear, the lawyer said — the images are “frightening to look at it.”
“This is somebody who is functioning at an incredibly horrible level who was probably beyond angry and beyond disturbed,” Barry said. “If I knew this person, I would have been really afraid.”
He said neither he nor his client have any specific knowledge about how Manfredonia felt about Lanza.. ..

Attorney: Witness told police Peter Manfredonia's plans during manhunt

I find it interesting that this witness first contacted a lawyer before he contacted the police. During an active manhunt for an on-the-loose killer.

I would have picked the phone up and called 911 the minute I saw the news if I had an inkling of knowledge of where PM might be headed.

It says this witness was afraid, but would a lawyer calm those fears more easily than LE? At least LE can offer physical protection. I don’t get it.

I find it interesting that this witness first contacted a lawyer before he contacted the police. During an active manhunt for an on-the-loose killer.

I would have picked the phone up and called 911 the minute I saw the news if I had an inkling of knowledge of where PM might be headed.

It says this witness was afraid, but would a lawyer calm those fears more easily than LE? At least LE can offer physical protection. I don’t get it.

If it's a young guy, I can see him talking to his parents about it and his parents getting an attorney--especially if they have money.

Maybe his fear is that he should have acted on certain information and he’d be in trouble for that, or a combination of fear of PM too.

Maybe his fear is that he should have acted on certain information and he’d be in trouble for that, or a combination of fear of PM too.
I have a feeling this is 'one' of the persons on
campus who knew he was a ticking time bomb or who had previous encounters w/ PM but campus police and/or Ct. State Police brushed
the report under the rug and nothing came of it.
This may be the "actionable" activity the atty. is alluding to.
there may be a lawsuit or two regarding this in the future.
moo

It was very wise on his part to consult with an attorney first, especially since the killer was still on the loose.

He was about to put himself in the middle of a manhunt and a murder investigation. Hiring an attorney would help keep his identity from the public and the suspect.

He obviously knows Manfredonia pretty well, and knew specific details about what his plans were and maybe even what motivated him. He would have had no idea at that point if his identity would have come out after making a 911 call, or how long it would be before LE had him in custody. He was probably afraid for his own life. I would be too, knowing he had already murdered two people.

An attorney would also be able to be present during questioning, and ensure that his client was not treated as a suspect himself. There was no guarantee that police would have provided him with protection. They would have to ensure that he himself was not involved and that his information was credible and matched up with what they already knew before ever offering protection.

Imo

Could be witness has a lawyer in "his" family of circle of friends and sought their advice first. JMO

I read where he was possibly on antidepressants and this made him aggressive which they do.
Yes, looks like that can be a side effect. IF he was on antidepressants he probably had a psychiatrist to monitor those effects. With the pandemic and many offices closed for visits he might not of gotten the care he needed. Even though many offices have tele-visits, PM might not of bothered or cared to call for one or may not of even known anything was wrong. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back