GUILTY CT - Peter Manfredonia, 23, suspect in two murders with a samurai sword, Willington, May 2020 *ARREST*

Yes, that is him.

Well, apparently is just a rumor?
I dont' know if this is a reliable source, though.
It is strange. His IG looked normal until December 2019 and then nothing. The picture released on the wanted posted looks like a madman. Something happened in the last few months. (Does not excuse what happened at all but does seem like some sort of breakdown)

It is strange. His IG looked normal until December 2019 and then nothing. The picture released on the wanted posted looks like a madman. Something happened in the last few months. (Does not excuse what happened at all but does seem like some sort of breakdown)
I agree. He looked healthy and happy, surrounded by friends, exploring the world. He did really seem like a pretty likeable person.
I am reading several articles that seem to indicate schizophrenia. He is at the right age for it to crop up. :(
Most schizophrenics are not violent, but his wall-writing is a big clue. Several articles have claims from other students that they complained to police and nothing much could be done. MOO
It is very scary to me. One day you're healthy, the other day you're terribly sick. And this goes to both our physical health and mental health. We never know what's coming to us. Whoever has the privilege of being healthy is so lucky. It's really scary when something is wrong with you physically out of the blue, I can't imagine how much more scarier it is when it happens mentally. I'm not justifying anyone's actions, but it is very scary. I wish he had asked for help, tell someone what he was thinking of doing, many people do seek help and tragedy is thankfully avoided many, many, many times. I'm not sure if something shifted for him, or if he was obsessed with Lanza all along and just putting on a big show. If that was the case... my God.

This is my quess if he had been taking them.

Why do schizophrenics go off their meds?

55% of individuals not taking medication did so because they did not believe they were sick (anosognosia) The single most significant reason why individuals with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder fail to take their medication is because of their lack of awareness of their illness (anosognosia).Jan 23, 2019

schizophrenics quit taking meds - بحث Google

Just saw the news. Wow. I will be following this - hopefully he is caught asap.

Regarding the dorm wall, when is that photo from? Colleges have been closed this spring - was he still on campus, at home, on his own?

jmo

Just saw the news. Wow. I will be following this - hopefully he is caught asap.

Regarding the dorm wall, when is that photo from? Colleges have been closed this spring - was he still on campus, at home, on his own?

jmo
Replying to myself to answer my own question - according to the heavy.com article, he was living off campus.

Anyone know more about the photo of his wall - is that a recent photo from off-campus housing or an old photo from his dorm days?

jmo

Replying to myself to answer my own question - according to the heavy.com article, he was living off campus.

Anyone know more about the photo of his wall - is that a recent photo from off-campus housing or an old photo from his dorm days?

jmo
The person who tweeted the pics said they are from last year.
Not from his current apartment.

The person who tweeted the pics said they are from last year.
Not from his current apartment.
Thanks for that info.

Troubled kid for awhile. What set him off now. Covid-related? Not the virus specifically, but perhaps frustrations surrounding it. If he's a bouncer, he has been out of work for awhile. As a young man in general, the future is uncertain now for that age group - no classes, job situation is weird/gone, etc. Was it too much to handle?

I'm not really suggesting that is the case, just starting to toss ideas out there.

jmo

<modsnip>
The charges are disturbing.
The situation is bizarre there are so many questions. Maybe he held it together as long as he could. Maybe he did stop taking meds, assuming he was on them. Maybe isolation did contribute to his break. I just hope we can get some answers. His poor family. I feel for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
"On Sunday afternoon, 69 News received a tip that the suspect got into an Uber vehicle in the Stroudsburg area and asked to be taken to Allentown, but he reportedly got out of the car and ran off.

Allentown police said they are still working to confirm whether the tip is accurate."

Police search East Stroudsburg area for suspected Connecticut killer

bbm

CNN Newsource
@CNNNewsource

43m
UPDATE: From above and on ground, authorities are searching for a college student suspected in two murders in Connecticut. Pennsylvania officials believe Peter Manfredonia is in the East Stroudsburg area after jumping out of an Uber.
Wow cnn etc are always pretty late in reporting news: that was reported locally nearly 24 hours ago... a long tome for a manhunt

Newtown Acquires Lanza House

The town of Newtown will acquire the home where Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza lived and killed his mother.

The town's legislative council voted Wednesday to take ownership of the property at 36 Yogananda St., which is assessed at $360,000, from the Hudson City Savings Bank of New Jersey at no cost.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back