GUILTY CT - Peter Manfredonia, 23, suspect in two murders with a samurai sword, Willington, May 2020 *ARREST*

AHA. So he was working in the Cheshire location of Bozzuto's AND I see they have a
location also in Allentown, Pa.
Maybe this is where he planned to get to and hang out? Would there have been someone
there that he knew. I was wondering why he
reportedly told an Uber driver to take him to
Allentown.
This guy could be anywhere on east coast by now.

I can’t figure out why they have not located him via his phone’s GPS, when he using an UBER app.

UConn student wanted in homicides using Uber to get around as parents plead for his surrender: police

Found safe doesn't necessarily mean unharmed.

I HOPE she was indeed unharmed, but I don't want to make assumptions I don't actually know for a fact.

jmo
You are correct safe and unharmed are different. Different news sources are using the two different words. I get it. I do not want to give false information. I hope the girl is unharmed also, and safe.

The kidnapped victim was found later Sunday unharmed in Paterson, New Jersey, and identified Manfredonia as her captor, police said.
UConn student accused of murder last seen in Pennsylvania: Police

Likely scenario:

PM clearly has been dealing with some mental health issues that are known to family and friends. He was able to keep things mostly in check with his normal routines such as school, work (long time bouncer at the popular college bar), social interactions, family check-ins, etc. He had some "episodes" in the past, but was able to be "brought back to balance" with the daily responsibilities of life, some light intervention from those around him, and medication. Then COVID-19 hits and his "routine" and support systems is cut off. School and Work halted due to forced closings. His normal interactions were cut off due to social distancing measures. He essentially was locked down in his apartment for 10 weeks without his normal routine and support system to keep him in check. His family has not been in contact in a while and his father was just arrested a couple of weeks ago for alcohol and sex with a minor. His mental health likely spiraled quickly being "trapped alone" in his apartment and he likely went off his meds creating a monster.

The initial homicide in Willington seems to be an unfortunate "wrong time, wrong place" for the victim. Word is that there is a female who lives on that street that he has been stalking and threatening (she nearly placed a restraining order on him a couple of weeks ago, but decided against it). He was there for her. The victim had no idea about this and saw a kid who looked like he needed help. The victim was helping him when PM just snapped and viciously attacked him (attack was gruesome and clearly indicative of the mental break PM had). As he was brutally attacking the victim, another elderly neighbor heard the victims cries and came to help--but was then also brutally attacked. Then the girl he was actually there to stalk came out and he jumped on his motorcycle and fled the scene (thus how the police knew who he was immediately). Notice here from a psychological perspective, he did not attack or harm the girl who he knew and was stalking--he did not harm her at all and fled immediately).

He then hid out and made a home invasion in the middle of the night. He stole food, guns, and a car. But the homeowner was not harmed at all. Seems weird to manically attack and cut off limbs of someone and then leave the next person completely unharmed. This is likely because it had nothing to do with one of his female obsessions. He stole the truck and then moved on to his next target, again a female.

The second homicide was about 100 miles away and again seems to be driven by a female obsession and the attack of those around her. While the focus in the media has been on the connection between PM and the victim NE--as they are both from Newtown and knew each other from High School. However, from the talk I've heard, the connection is actually the female that was there and that he abducted. Supposedly, the woman is also from Newtown and either was a former gf or someone that PM knew and likely had a attraction/fascination with. The victim was not the target of PM, but was instead an impediment to his female focus. Notice that he abducted the woman and took her car--but eventually let her go absolutely unharmed. Just like the first incident, he was targeting a female, but did not harm the female at all--but manically killed the male barriers in the way.

To me, PM is a mentally unstable man who has had a complete mental breakdown. His focus is on his female obsessions and his victims are collateral damage. Notice he goes from manically attacking the males in his way around the female, but does not harm or attack either the homeowner of the house he invaded, nor anyone else at this point. If he was a manic random killer, you'd think he would have attacked someone else at this point.

If I am the FBI, I am cross referencing the UConn student database with females who live in Pennsylvania. That seems to be his MO.

Just my $0.02.
Very enlightening post. Thanks for your perspective.
Based on his previous erratic behaviors with other females at UConn, who reported him to campus police and Ct. State Police, it may be just a matter of time til he does attack a non-compliant female that he obsesses over.

Regardless, this guy doesn't belong out on the street, he needs to be locked away for the safety
of the public. If he can't responsibly handle his
own life without overseers or medication, he shouldn't be out of a psychiatric facility, IMO.

Or maybe he had a friendly work relationship with a female in the Allentown location and is heading there to stalk/see her?

Or, is he moving at random?

This is reminding me of the two young men in Canada who stole vehicles and went on a random killing spree.

jmo
UConnSportsGuy wrote-
"If I am the FBI, I am cross referencing the UConn student database with females who live in Pennsylvania. That seems to be his MO."

Bingo, InTheDetails!!!! That's what I thought also. On his job he became obssessed with a
female who worked at the Allentown location,
or maybe she visited the Cheshire location and
he zeroed in on her.
I'll say it again- She needs to get out of Allentown til he's caught and in custody.

Last edited:
iMO this guy looks socially awkward and despite
his size and his age, I get vibes that he's very immature especially considering his age.
Seems more like a 14-15 yr. old boy instead of 23.
Odd that in one of his IGs he talked about "toxic masculinity" regarding females.
His possible obsession with females that he can't attract or hook up with plays into his
stalking and harassing.
Very disturbing, nonetheless. Just surprised this is his first encounter with LE. Or maybe he's just been lucky.

iMO this guy looks socially awkward and despite
his size and his age, I get vibes that he's very immature especially considering his age.
Seems more like a 14-15 yr. old boy instead of 23.
Odd that in one of his IGs he talked about "toxic masculinity" regarding females.
His possible obsession with females that he can't attract or hook up with plays into his
stalking and harassing.
Very disturbing, nonetheless. Just surprised this is his first encounter with LE. Or maybe he's just been lucky.
There is definitely a disconnect going on. He played football (head injury at any point?), he did tri-athalons, was involved with anti-violence charities, held jobs....which would lead me to conclude he is social, fit, connected to others, cares about the world.

That background doesn't match the writing on his wall (literally has "writing on the wall") and heading on a killing spree.

jmo

There is definitely a disconnect going on. He played football (head injury at any point?), he did tri-athalons, was involved with anti-violence charities, held jobs....which would lead me to conclude he is social, fit, connected to others, cares about the world.

That background doesn't match the writing on his wall (literally has "writing on the wall") and heading on a killing spree.

jmo
Agree.
In my area, Florida, we'd be suspecting Bath Salts entered the picture.
I still wonder if he got messed up with street drugs and this is the result. If he's had long term mental problems, street drugs, meth or cocaine, can really do a number on the head.

Photos: Manhunt Continues for UConn Student Suspected in Two Homicides
Peter-Manfredonia-a.jpg

Connecticut State Police
Anyone who sees Manfredonia is urged not to approach him and to call 911 immediately.

Pennsylvania Crimestoppers are also asking anyone who sees him to call 1-800-472-8477.
Peter-Manfredonia-in-Pennsylvania.jpg
Pennsylvania State Police
Police have identified the suspect as Peter Manfredonia, 23. He was seen in Pennsylvania on Sunday and Pennsylvania State Police said they determined that an Uber dropped him off in front of a Walmart in East Strousburg, Pennsylvania and footage shows him walking along train tracks.

Memorial-for-Ted-DeMers-3.jpg

NBC Connecticut
DeMers’ sister-in-law said his neighbor saw a man standing at the end of the family’s driveway. Suspicious, he sent Ted a text, but DeMers never received it.

jmo

I’m a retired psychiatric nurse and during the 25 yrs that I worked for the State if CT (at a state run psych facility), we had many patients who were considered perfectly normal and were highly intelligent until their early 20s, at which time they experienced a major breakdown and were then diagnosed as schizophrenic.

The breakdowns came in many different forms. Stressful events, physical and or emotional conditions, changes in environment can trigger the break. Onset of symptoms differ among patients. They may become suicidal, homicidal, paranoid; may have delusions of all kinds (including of grandeur), hallucinations, impaired social functioning, insomnia, and more.

PM seems to be highly intelligent, fits the age of onset, and may have had stressors in his life which may have caused a breakdown and possibly the onset of schizophrenia...
or something similar?
MOO

Good point. We can't assume anything about what happened other than she is now safe and alive.

Opinions and assumptions, however well stated, are not necessarily known facts.

jmo
My thoughts are that he may have had her call Uber from her own phone and when Uber arrived, he left her with her car.
MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave