CT CT - Robert Hoagland, 50, Newtown, 28 Jul 2013

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by CatFancier, Aug 1, 2013.

1. cbs

cbs Well-Known Member

UPDATES!?

2. AGT

AGT New Member

I'm just not seeing much likeness there. It's been awhile, so don't guess it panned out.

The teeth are opposite, the facial features are opposites.

(Just doing some midnight hopping around some of these disappeareds.)

nannymo likes this.
  3. Seratonin

Seratonin Well-Known Member

❤️❤️

4. TexasT

TexasT Well-Known Member

Bradley Edward Shaw was last seen by his family in Calgary on Sept. 2, 2015, and reported missing a few weeks later.

His remains were found in a rural area near Slave Lake on Oct. 6, 2018. At the time, investigators didn’t know the remains were Shaw’s.

The man was not Hoagy . Ironically his episode re aired on ID a couple days ago .

5. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Please take the time to read "The Gift of Fear"

I just watched his Disappeared episode, and what immediately came to mind was a sort of spooked voluntary disappearance after the confrontation with Max’s associates.

An apparent friend of Chris’s posted on reddit that the family feels certain he left voluntarily. The same friend also said that the town is small enough that if Max’s drug issues had caused or contributed to the disappearance, they would’ve heard the rumors about it.

Obviously they know the place better than I, who doesn’t know it at all. But it just seems really coincidental that Max is arrested and Hoagy goes missing on the same day.

Maybe it’s far fetched but I just can’t help but wonder if the associates threatened or even blackmailed him and he felt that to either protect himself and/or the rest of the family, he had to leave. Leaving wallet, passport, etc behind would actually make sense in that case, so they wouldn’t be able to trace him. Basically like a self-made witness protection program. The friend really seemed to downplay the drug scene in Newtown as not terribly serious, but honestly you just never know when it comes to illicit activities and drug dealers, even ones that seem “low level”

Luckyzmom, Dnp2be and nannymo like this.
  6. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Please take the time to read "The Gift of Fear"

Dnp2be, Quiet Time and scriabina like this.
  7. Cuoco7

Cuoco7 Active Member

I just checked in on Robert's case. I think the teeth look so close on the possible match. Any word on the status?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  8. scriabina

scriabina Well-Known Member

neverletgo, Quiet Time and Beanpot like this.
  9. Cuoco7

Cuoco7 Active Member

Thank you

10. TexasT

TexasT Well-Known Member

Arrest Warrant

At about 9 am on November 28, 2018 police arrested Maxtone Hoagland, 29, of Sandy Hook on a warrant, charging him with third-degree larceny, which is a felony. The charge stems from an October 21 complaint alleging that Hoagland had stolen some items, according to police.

• Newtown Bee

mikkismom and Quiet Time like this.