CT - Student in costume prompts university lockdown, Nov 2013

Man in Cammies (camoflauge) with a gun or rifle per live feed.

Gunman possibly in a mask per live feed.

James hall 8th story res campus and barrel hall on central campus per live feed, state police and all city police as well as campus sec all there...dk anything more than that yet.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/CCUS-Issued-Campus-Alert-to-Seek-Shelter-230514801.html
This is my little sisters dorm! Thank god she was not in that building. She and 20 of her classmates are locked down in another building. She is reporting back to my mother every 15 minutes. She reports that the man is armed, wearing a bpv, and holding his girlfriend hostage. Terrifying. Please do not let this be another Sandy Hook. Praying for my family, and all the others as well!

Mask gun and a sword. This student now sz when you see something like that you run. He was going to make sure he was OK but he had to run. They dont know who this person is yet, no ID>Lots of SWAT though; inside James Hall.

Mayor breifed by LE and is now student on the Line Matt H and he is a student and he is In James Hall sheltering in place on A floor. He saw: He heard sirens across campus and that woke him and he sees five or six police cars, he was alerted by text after he heard the sirens, gunman in the building were told to lock all doors and shelter in place. This student has barricaded himself in. Three are in the suite. Couch in front of door as well. James Hall is all grades he says it's the biggest dorm 6 ppl per suite 8 floors. It's the largest Hall. Two entrances he thinks. DK for sure. Barrows or Barrels; the Girls Dorm there are a bunch of cop cars there as well, and he saw some sort of swat team armed running by with shields shotguns rifles toward James Hall.
Barrows, *excuse me am transcribing loosely* It's 6 floors the Girls in Barrows.
He dk if the Barrows is on lockdown as well. He sz not much to put in front of the doors in Barrows. AK47 and a Samurai Sword, in a Paintball Mask dressed head to toe in Cammo.

*very disturbing to transcribe what he is saying* He was on a break from classes and lots of ppl in the area mid monday...Barrows Hall being shown..

Student says saw a lot of confusion and ppl n panic, cops were hiding besides building and then they all realized to get inside to shelter in place quickly...

two min walk from there is a place to shelter that they all know about DK if any went there. He is sheltered in place so...has windows. Swat came in with all riot shields in place with rifles, then knew serious ....

Loose transcription. Live on News 8

The reports are of a Sword, a Samurai type Sword, not a knife. FYI

Per live feed there is a lot of texts going back n forth that have picked up in last few minutes, swat went into Barrows the Girls Dorm. In just the past few minutes live; student is IN James Hall watching out window as swat just entered Barrows Dorm.

I hv such a very bad feeling whatever he intended to do; may be done. I hope that's not right. I hope no one is dead.

PPL are being RUSHED OUT OF JAMES HALL INTO BARROWS per live feed student on the line

Sounds like students were told in James Hall to barricade their doors.. this was on wtnh news 8.. sounds like people are listening to instructions and people are posting videos of police activities outsideand clearing the area.. nothing that would compromise their efforts but to show what's going outside their room.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back