Still Missing CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019 *arrest* #2

5de653d592c6d.image.jpg

Vanessa Morales was last seen on Monday and they're searching for her in connection with a suspicious death investigation.

Ansonia police said Vanessa was living at a home on Myrtle Avenue. She was not home when police arrived.

Vanessa stands 2'2" tall and weighs 17 pounds.

She has brown hair and brown eyes.

Silver Alert issued for 1-year-old girl in connection with suspicious death investigation

Lt Patrick Lynch in the beginning of the investigation.

“This is a two-part investigation — the first part is a homicide investigation, the second is a missing child investigation,” said Lt. Patrick Lynch. “Our main focus at the moment is finding Vanessa Morales and making sure she’s safe.”

Ansonia police give update on homicide, missing girl investigation

Lt Patrick Lynch where we are now. I'm afraid when they make their arrest and name the suspect it is going to be a double homicide.

“We think that at the pace we’re going we’re going to have answers relatively shortly.

Does that mean in terms of who killed Christine Holloway or who may have Vanessa? At this point we’re not going to differentiate between the two, this is one investigation.”

Sources: Police close to naming suspect in Ansonia mother’s death

“This is a two-part investigation — the first part is a homicide investigation, the second is a missing child investigation,” said Lt. Patrick Lynch. “Our main focus at the moment is finding Vanessa Morales and making sure she’s safe.”

Lt Patrick Lynch where we are now. I'm afraid when they make their arrest and name the suspect it is going to be a double homicide.

“We think that at the pace we’re going we’re going to have answers relatively shortly.

Does that mean in terms of who killed Christine Holloway or who may have Vanessa? At this point we’re not going to differentiate between the two, this is one investigation.”

LE is still insisting they have hope VM is alive, so I'm not sure they can categorize it as a double homicide yet. They likely have proof that both crimes were committed by one person.

That being said, I agree that double homicide is where were might eventually end up. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

LE is still insisting they have hope VM is alive, so I'm not sure they can categorize it as a double homicide yet. They likely have proof that both crimes were committed by one person.

That being said, I agree that double homicide is where were might eventually end up. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.
So difficult to comprehend how anyone might murder such a young child. If so, hopefully, there is a special place in hell.

So difficult to comprehend how anyone might murder such a young child. If so, hopefully, there is a special place in hell.
I agree, but I've been watching some of the confessions of Michael Jones, Jr. Ocala Fl. husband and father who beat his wife fatally and
her 2 boys and their 2 toddlers, then carried their bodies around in his van for weeks before being found. He claims it all started because she found out he was cheating on her. My guess is she also told him to get out and this was his revenge. A real sicko. How do we even
get into their brain and relate to this?

On another note of hope, the Holloway family is part of a fundraiser for a reward fund tomorrow night, and the family is still sharing new pictures. I'd say LE clearly hasn't given them any indication that VM is deceased. I'm still thinking they've been able to link the suspect in both investigations and are not classifying this as a double homicide (yet).

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 / 10:47 AM EST / Updated: Dec 12, 2019 / 04:41 PM EST

[...]

Sources tell News 8 that police will officially release a suspect’s name and picture sometime in the next couple of days. We’re also told police still have hope that little Vanessa is alive and tips continue to pour in.

“That is our working premise and that will continue to be our working premise until we are given something to the contrary.”
– LT. PATRICK LYNCH, ANSONIA POLICE DEPARTMENT

Lt. Patrick Lynch of the Ansonia PD tells News 8 that he thinks, the way the investigation is going, that they will have answers on both cases “relatively shortly.”

[...]
I thought they said there would be a presser today??? I checked the media thread - this was the last post (thanks all for keeping it updated)

His message to Holloway’s family as the investigation continues: “Our hearts go out to you. We are working and we will continue to work on this case until we can bring you some closure.”

Closure. That doesn't sound as hopeful. JMO.

Hopefully they mean "closure" in the murder case. Praying they find the baby alive.

This says it all right there, to me. LE does not believe that Vanessa is alive. :(

This is so overwhelming. It’s interesting how these cases feel so heavy right in the middle of the holiday season. How often must we be reminded that there are heartless, soulless people out there. This will become a death penalty case if they have enough evidence, fingers crossed that they do. Moo

This says it all right there, to me. LE does not believe that Vanessa is alive. :(

I wanted to hold and hope and believe she is alive, but statistically, the odds are not in baby girl's favor.

This is so overwhelming. It’s interesting how these cases feel so heavy right in the middle of the holiday season. How often must we be reminded that there are heartless, soulless people out there. This will become a death penalty case if they have enough evidence, fingers crossed that they do. Moo
CT doesn't have the death penalty.

unfortunately, the holiday season stresses a lot of folks out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back