Still Missing CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019 *arrest* #2

I was just wondering, is everyone in her paternal family accounted for? Or did someone move away around the time this tragedy happened?

I'm probably naive here but I really want this child to be alive. That said, I'm recalling from very early in the investigation, reports by LE that the defendant told LE that he was high on PCP and placed himself at the home of Vanessa's mother, CH.

JM was first arrested on a weapons charge (i.e., a felon with stun guns) and LE obtained search warrants for his vehicle and residence that resulted in recovering JM's bloody clothes. During this time, LE reported that JM was cooperating with investigators.

LE continued reporting that they believed Vanessa was alive and taken from the residence. They reported several things belonging to Vanessa were missing from the residence: IMO, you don't need a diaper bag, clothes, car seat, etc. for a dead child! To my knowledge, these things have never been recovered! (A car seat recovered at a charity bin was determined not to be Vanessa's).

I'm also recalling reports that after JM was charged with the murder of CH, he then stopped talking to investigators-- at the advice of his counsel...

It seems to me that LE does not have evidence that JM harmed Vanessa or that she's deceased.

I don't know if all of JM's family, friends, or associates are accounted for but I hope that somewhere, somebody has this child and she's safe and being cared for. Again, it's my greatest wish and I'm going to cling to it until I learn that LE has stopped looking for Vanessa. MOO

Ansonia police believe missing 1-year-old is alive

Dec 23, 2019

And, Lynch adds, investigators still believe Vanessa, who has not been seen by family or friends since Friday, November 29, is still alive.

“Based on the information that we’ve gotten and the evidence that we’ve recovered, our working theory is that she is with someone,” Lynch said. [bbm]

Last week, the FBI announced a $10,000 reward that would be given to anyone, who either has little Vanessa in their possession and turns her in good health or provides information that leads to her safe return.

So has a potential money motivation resulted in greater lead generation?

“I couldn’t say that yes or no it made a difference,” Lynch said. “It’s another factor in trying to get whoever has her to come forward.”

Ansonia Police continue to maintain they are not interested in prosecuting anyone who has baby Vanessa.

[..]

Even since he’s been in jail police say Jose Morales continues to cooperate with them.

ETA: Cooperating how? Please tell LE where to find your daughter!

I'm probably naive here but I really want this child to be alive. That said, I'm recalling from very early in the investigation, reports by LE that the defendant told LE that he was high on PCP and placed himself at the home of Vanessa's mother, CH.

JM was first arrested on a weapons charge (i.e., a felon with stun guns) and LE obtained search warrants for his vehicle and residence that resulted in recovering JM's bloody clothes. During this time, LE reported that JM was cooperating with investigators.

LE continued reporting that they believed Vanessa was alive and taken from the residence. They reported several things belonging to Vanessa were missing from the residence: IMO, you don't need a diaper bag, clothes, car seat, etc. for a dead child! To my knowledge, these things have never been recovered! (A car seat recovered at a charity bin was determined not to be Vanessa's).

I'm also recalling reports that after JM was charged with the murder of CH, he then stopped talking to investigators-- at the advice of his counsel...

It seems to me that LE does not have evidence that JM harmed Vanessa or that she's deceased.

I don't know if all of JM's family, friends, or associates are accounted for but I hope that somewhere, somebody has this child and she's safe and being cared for. Again, it's my greatest wish and I'm going to cling to it until I learn that LE has stopped looking for Vanessa. MOO
I believe she's alive too.

same hope. maybe he was high freaked out on CH then seeing what he had done, called a fam member in desperation to come take the baby and go. that would be the only hope i would think

This was a "maybe" hearing - I'll tag @sds71 - to let me know IF this is still a go - I shall post it - just in case it is.... :) At least I can shorten it up a bit.

Friday, January 28th:
*Pretrial Hearing (both cases)-MAYBE! (@ 10am ET) – CT - Christine Marie Holloway (43) (last seen Nov. 27, 2019, found Dec. 2, 2019, Ansonia) & Vanessa Morales (17 mos.) (last seen Nov. 29, 2019, reported missing Dec. 3, 2019, Amber Alert on Dec. 4, 2019-not found) - *Jose L. Morales (43/now 45) (BF) arrested (12/3/19), charged & arraigned (2/7/20) with felony murder, tampering with physical evidence & 2 counts of criminal possession of firearm. Plead not guilty. Bond $5M.
First arrested (12/3/19), charged (1/22/20) & arraigned (3/5/20) with 2 counts of criminal possession of a pistol (2 stun guns). Plead not guilty. Bond $25K.
Court info from 12/4/19 thru 10/26/21 reference post #546 here:
Still Missing - CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019 *arrest* #2

11/5/21 Update: Jose Morales says he’s getting a new lawyer. Appeared in Superior Court Friday, 11/5/21. He is currently represented by the firm of Pattis & Smith. But Morales told Judge Peter Brown on Friday he has new representation, Tara Knight. The judge continued the case to 11/15/21 to see if Knight files paperwork to represent Morales.
11/15/21 Update: Next hearing on 11/29/21. 11/29/21 Update: Morales is having trouble finding a new lawyer. Morales told a judge Nov. 5 he had retained a new lawyer after the firm of Pattis & Smith filed a request to withdraw from the case, saying Morales had become dissatisfied with their work. But at two subsequent court dates no new lawyer has stepped up — and it will be at least another two months until another one might in the case. In Superior Court Monday, Supervisory Assistant State’s Attorney Howard Stein told Judge Peter Brown an attorney had contacted his office indicating they were considering defending Morales, but that he since received an email that the lawyer “is not going to be representing Mr. Morales.” The judge asked Morales whether he wanted to apply for the services of a public defender. “Not yet, your honor,” Morales said. “I would request your honor to give me up to the end of January or beginning of February. I should have somebody by then. Hopefully.” “It’s the court’s view that you need to have that representation in place,” Brown said. “I am loathe to allow counsel to withdraw until I know other counsel is in place.” “I’m not inclined to grant the motion to withdraw at this point until I know Mr. Morales has had yet another opportunity to secure private counsel,” the judge said before continuing the case to 1/28/22.

This was a "maybe" hearing - I'll tag @sds71 - to let me know IF this is still a go - I shall post it - just in case it is.... :) At least I can shorten it up a bit.

Friday, January 28th:
*Pretrial Hearing (both cases)-MAYBE! (@ 10am ET) – CT - Christine Marie Holloway (43) (last seen Nov. 27, 2019, found Dec. 2, 2019, Ansonia) & Vanessa Morales (17 mos.) (last seen Nov. 29, 2019, reported missing Dec. 3, 2019, Amber Alert on Dec. 4, 2019-not found) - *Jose L. Morales (43/now 45) (BF) arrested (12/3/19), charged & arraigned (2/7/20) with felony murder, tampering with physical evidence & 2 counts of criminal possession of firearm. Plead not guilty. Bond $5M.
First arrested (12/3/19), charged (1/22/20) & arraigned (3/5/20) with 2 counts of criminal possession of a pistol (2 stun guns). Plead not guilty. Bond $25K.
Court info from 12/4/19 thru 10/26/21 reference post #546 here:
Still Missing - CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019 *arrest* #2

11/5/21 Update: Jose Morales says he’s getting a new lawyer. Appeared in Superior Court Friday, 11/5/21. He is currently represented by the firm of Pattis & Smith. But Morales told Judge Peter Brown on Friday he has new representation, Tara Knight. The judge continued the case to 11/15/21 to see if Knight files paperwork to represent Morales.
11/15/21 Update: Next hearing on 11/29/21. 11/29/21 Update: Morales is having trouble finding a new lawyer. Morales told a judge Nov. 5 he had retained a new lawyer after the firm of Pattis & Smith filed a request to withdraw from the case, saying Morales had become dissatisfied with their work. But at two subsequent court dates no new lawyer has stepped up — and it will be at least another two months until another one might in the case. In Superior Court Monday, Supervisory Assistant State’s Attorney Howard Stein told Judge Peter Brown an attorney had contacted his office indicating they were considering defending Morales, but that he since received an email that the lawyer “is not going to be representing Mr. Morales.” The judge asked Morales whether he wanted to apply for the services of a public defender. “Not yet, your honor,” Morales said. “I would request your honor to give me up to the end of January or beginning of February. I should have somebody by then. Hopefully.” “It’s the court’s view that you need to have that representation in place,” Brown said. “I am loathe to allow counsel to withdraw until I know other counsel is in place.” “I’m not inclined to grant the motion to withdraw at this point until I know Mr. Morales has had yet another opportunity to secure private counsel,” the judge said before continuing the case to 1/28/22.

NBC CT just reported he’ll be in court today @10 on weapon charges only

@sds71 - any updates on the murder charge yet? And another date - maybe for the weapons charges?

TIA! :)

@sds71 - any updates on the murder charge yet? And another date - maybe for the weapons charges?

Defendant Information
Last, First: MORALES JOSE LUIS Represented By: 423934 PATTIS & S LLC
Birth Year: 1976 Times on the Docket: 19
Docket Information
Docket No: AAN -CR20-0186660-T Arresting Agency: LOCAL POLICE ANSONIA
Companion:
Program: Arrest Date: 2/7/2020
Court: Milford JD Bond Amount: $5,000,000 (This case only)
Bond Type: Set
Miscellaneous: (Not Released From Custody)
Activity: Pre-Trial Next Court Date: 2/25/2022 10:00 AM
Current Charges
Statute Description Class Type Occ Offense Date Plea Verdict Finding
53a-54a MURDER A Felony 1 12/2/2019 Not Guilty
53a-155 TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE D Felony 1 12/2/2019 Not Guilty
https://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/C...ding&Key=7fd550ed-9eb1-479d-9c34-ee3e1500c4eb

Defendant Information
Last, First: MORALES JOSE Represented By: 423934 PATTIS & S LLC
Birth Year: 1976 Times on the Docket: 18
Docket Information
Docket No: AAN -CR19-0225552-T Arresting Agency: LOCAL POLICE NEW HAVEN
Companion:
Program: Arrest Date: 12/3/2019
Court: Milford JD Bond Amount: $250,000 (This case only)
Bond Type: Set
Miscellaneous: (Not Released From Custody)
Activity: Pre-Trial Next Court Date: 2/25/2022 10:00 AM
Current Charges
Statute Description Class Type Occ Offense Date Plea Verdict Finding
53a-217 CRIM POSS FRARM/AMM/DFNS WEAPN C Felony 1 12/3/2019 Not Guilty
53a-217 CRIM POSS FRARM/AMM/DFNS WEAPN C Felony 1 12/3/2019 Not Guilty

Thank you @sds71 - Much appreciated! :)
02/24/2022

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that JOSE MORALES, with docket number AAN CR200186660T, has an upcoming court event.

This email is to inform you that JOSE MORALES, with docket number AAN CR190225552T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 03/02/2022. This will take place in Ansonia-Milford JD Courthouse located at the following address: 14 West River Street, Milford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This notification is sponsored by the Connecticut SAVIN Program. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

Wednesday, March 2nd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 10am ET) – CT - Christine Marie Holloway (43) (last seen Nov. 27, 2019, found Dec. 2, 2019, Ansonia) & Vanessa Morales (17 mos.) (last seen Nov. 29, 2019, reported missing Dec. 3, 2019, Amber Alert on Dec. 4, 2019-not found) - *Jose L. Morales (43/now 45) (BF) arrested (12/3/19), charged & arraigned (2/7/20) with felony murder, tampering with physical evidence & 2 counts of criminal possession of firearm. Plead not guilty. Bond $5M.
Court info from 12/4/19 thru 11/15/21 reference post #565 here:

11/29/21 Update: Morales is having trouble finding a new lawyer. Morales told a judge Nov. 5 he had retained a new lawyer after the firm of Pattis & Smith filed a request to withdraw from the case, saying Morales had become dissatisfied with their work. But at two subsequent court dates no new lawyer has stepped up — and it will be at least another two months until another one might in the case. In Superior Court Monday, Supervisory Assistant State’s Attorney Howard Stein told Judge Peter Brown an attorney had contacted his office indicating they were considering defending Morales, but that he since received an email that the lawyer “is not going to be representing Mr. Morales.” The judge asked Morales whether he wanted to apply for the services of a public defender. “Not yet, your honor,” Morales said. “I would request your honor to give me up to the end of January or beginning of February. I should have somebody by then. Hopefully.” “It’s the court’s view that you need to have that representation in place,” Brown said. “I am loathe to allow counsel to withdraw until I know other counsel is in place.” “I’m not inclined to grant the motion to withdraw at this point until I know Mr. Morales has had yet another opportunity to secure private counsel,” the judge said before continuing the case to 1/28/22. Weapons charge only for hearing.
1/28/22 Update: Next for both charges pretrial hearing on 2/25/22. 2/25/22 Update: Hearing was rescheduled on 3/2/22.

@sds71 - any updates yet?

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that JOSE MORALES, with docket number AAN CR200186660T, has an upcoming court event.

This email is to inform you that JOSE MORALES, with docket number AAN CR190225552T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 05/10/2022. This will take place in Ansonia-Milford JD Courthouse located at the following address: 14 West River Street, Milford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

No available in Europe - can you give a 10% synopsis on this article please? TIA!

The article provides an extensive list of individuals missing in Connecticut, along with a brief summary of the circumstances for each and age-progression photos where available. No new information was shared.

Vanessa's summary is as follows: "Vanessa Morales of Ansonia – Last seen November 29, 2019 at 1 year old
Vanessa went missing from her house in Ansonia. Her mother was found dead in their home on Dec. 2. Vanessa was last seen by her family members on Nov. 29. A $10,000 reward is being offered for information in the case. Below is a picture of Vanessa age-progressed to 3 years old."

I'm unable to attach copies of the photo, but they are the same photos that are present on the NCEMC page.

ETA the link to the article as it didn't come forward with the quote... Missing in Connecticut

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stawon31
Back