AMBER ALERT CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been stated that the doors were locked/unlocked when mom was found? Any signs of a break in? What was the relationship between mother/father?

Sorry for commenting before reading the whole thread. I'd also check to see if the mom had been advertising baby clothes for sale anywhere as that could be relevant if there wasn't a break-in.

Still another tip had investigators asking Naugatuck police to run down a lead but they found “nothing substantial,” Lynch said.

Police also asked for any videos from the Ring video system (or similar ones) in the area of Derby Avenue from Division Street in Ansonia to New Haven Avenue to the Orange town line.

As part of their investigation, police had asked Ansonia officials about doing a search through trash collected in the Myrtle Avenue neighborhood, but the trash was picked up Monday morning and had already been sent to Bridgeport.

On Wednesday, police asked for videos taken in that area by cameras attached to area houses.
Tearful aunt pleads ‘keep her safe’ to whomever has 1-year-old Vanessa

Last edited:
Hmm this is a strange one IMO whatever they found in the bins may not be the baby’s? And that’s what makes them think she’s alive and someone has her? Maybe someone known but hiding ???
JMO

Seeing that yesterday's presser said they're still hopeful of a 'successful' conclusion gives me a little bit of hope. Surely it would be too cruel to say that if there's strong evidence against there being a 'successful' conclusion?

I feel hopeful too, it seems like it's possible baby V could be with a female. Again LL mentions it's not important how someone came to have the baby, just that he needs to see her and know she is safe. jmo.

I noticed that, too, at least in the earlier pressers. They even said that they only want to know that the baby is safe with someone and unharmed. They didn't initially want an amber alert, even though they had good enough reason to call one immediately. That, along with the m.o.d made me think they suspect there's a good chance the baby is alive and being kept safe. I really hope that's still the case, and that baby is being looked after by someone who's being kind to her and attending to all her needs.

Seeing that yesterday's presser said they're still hopeful of a 'successful' conclusion gives me a little bit of hope. Surely it would be too cruel to say that if there's strong evidence against there being a 'successful' conclusion?
I'm cautiously optimistic - I recall Mollie's pressers and of course she was dead that night... this feels a little different to me. not sure why- maybe because it could be family that has her???
JMO

I noticed that, too, at least in the earlier pressers. They even said that they only want to know that the baby is safe with someone and unharmed. They didn't initially want an amber alert, even though they had good enough reason to call one immediately. That, along with the m.o.d made me think they suspect there's a good chance the baby is alive and being kept safe. I really hope that's still the case, and that baby is being looked after by someone who's being kind to her and attending to all her needs.

Wife, girlfriend, maybe even mother or sister of the perp?

Still another tip had investigators asking Naugatuck police to run down a lead but they found “nothing substantial,” Lynch said.

Police also asked for any videos from the Ring video system (or similar ones) in the area of Derby Avenue from Division Street in Ansonia to New Haven Avenue to the Orange town line.

As part of their investigation, police had asked Ansonia officials about doing a search through trash collected in the Myrtle Avenue neighborhood, but the trash was picked up Monday morning and had already been sent to Bridgeport.

On Wednesday, police asked for videos taken in that area by cameras attached to area houses.
If they're looking for videos of Route 34 (Derby Ave/New Haven Ave) all the way to the Orange town line, there's a LOT of businesses right around that town line. Hopefully they have good cameras...

It is very customary for LE to give family members hope. Hope is what is keeping them going.

I pray this beautiful little baby girl is found alive. Each minute that passes without finding her has to be gut wrenching for family, and LE.

Imo, it all depends on the motive for taking her, but to murder her own mother means she is in a very dangerous situation with a very violent offender, and LE painfully knows that all too well. Whoever has kidnapped her knows they have nothing to lose now. :(

There is so much evil in the world now, including evil motives for kidnapping little children. The little victims seem to be younger, and younger recently.

Jmho

It is very customary for LE to give family members hope. Hope is what is keeping them going.

I pray this beautiful little baby girl is found alive. Each minute that passes without finding her has to be gut wrenching for family, and LE.

Imo, it all depends on the motive for taking her, but to murder her own mother means she is in a very dangerous situation with a very violent offender, and LE painfully knows that all too well. Whoever has kidnapped her knows they have nothing to lose now. :(

There is so much evil in the world now, including evil motives for kidnapping little children. The little victims seem to be younger, and younger recently.

Jmho
While I want to hold out hope that VM is alive, the chances are very slim at this point.

If JM murdered CH and took VM, where did he bring her? If she's safe somewhere, who is she with? Both sides of the family are very involved in the investigation. I'm sure LE checked every known family member's premises for signs of VM.

The Amber Alert and PCs make me hopeful, but as someone who subscribes to Occam's Razor, the pragmatist in me is getting louder and louder... Mother murdered? Young child missing for days? Child likely taken by violent offender? :(

Omg, this doesnt sound good at all. It's like LE thinks she may have also been killed, and put into a trashcan somewhere?

So will LE go to Bridgeport to search through the trash picked up in this area, and delivered there?

I wonder if the offender was trying to purposefully mislead LE into believing she was kidnapped after they murdered her mom? This way the offender would know all of LEs attention would be concentrated on finding her alive, and safe.

Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members