AMBER ALERT CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by kshultz06082, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

I understood the facility they searched and the bins were for charitable donations and not trash bins. We're they trash bins?

oceanblueeyes and Subiechik21 like this.

2. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

It sounds to me like they were just covering all their bases.

My understanding is that Bridgeport is an incinerator facility, so if it went there, it's gone.

3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

We have a couple of cases to compare this to possibly - IMO. Frazee killed Kelsey and had the baby for about a month - he had help with her from his family but it was all in the open. Other significants (spouses, boyfriends) have killed the child and left the mom dead at the scene - Neveah comes to mind. So the killer of mom either killed the baby and took the body with him and there is evidence of her DNA at the house, or he took the baby alive from the house, and gave her to someone perhaps Saturday or Sunday - ? - or he took the baby and killed her after the fact leaving her body somewhere else. Since we don't have a POI we can't speculate about who could have done this but.... if someone close to her did it - I think they will find what they are looking for and it will lead them to the baby. I think someone is hiding something and they are NOT in custody.. JMO.

4. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

@MarissaAlter
    ·
    1m

JUST IN: State police and K9s are searching the woods on Derby Ave in Derby in connection to the abduction of 1-year-old Vanessa Morales.
    @News12CT

5. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

JUST IN: State police and K9s are searching the woods on Derby Ave in Derby in connection to the abduction of 1-year-old Vanessa Morales. @News12CT

(Video)

Marissa Alter on Twitter

6. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

BREAKING: Several @CT_STATE_POLICE K-9s are now searching for evidence related to missing one year-old Vanessa Morales in the woods above Saint Michael’s Church in #Derby, right next to a parking lot, where investigators searched kids clothing donation bins yesterday. @FOX61News

(Video)

Tony Terzi on Twitter

7. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Family members and even complete strangers spent the morning handing out Amber Alert flyers and hoping someone knows something about where 1 year old Vanessa Morales is. #WFSB

(Video)

Matt McFarland on Twitter

8. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I wonder if they have video or cell phone data leading them to this specific area?? ugh.

9. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

The search for Vanessa Morales is going on in the woods behind the parking lot for St. Michaels Church on Derby Ave in Derby. These donation bins in the parking lot let to the search of the Hamden sorting facility yesterday. @News12CT

8B964F5F-0A3D-4221-9A03-C7696BF24479.jpeg

Marissa Alter on Twitter

10. JediChick

JediChick Well-Known Member

It makes my heart sink when they bring in the dogs after the missing child has been gone so long...

11. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Jose Morales, 43, of New Haven, the father of missing #Ansonia one year-old #VanessaMorales, has been in the custody of @NewHavenPolice since Wednesday, when they found two stun guns in his possession. Being a convicted felon, he is not permitted to own weapons. @FOX61News

051983F9-81C5-4791-A4FE-42E18FCAE577.jpeg B81FDB75-EA67-473D-9459-5D0978070848.jpeg

Tony Terzi on Twitter

12. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Before my heart sinks, I'd have to know what kind of dogs--if they're scent dogs, they could be tracking the path where the killer carried Vanessa through the woods.

13. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

14. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

curious why Tony would tweet this now???

15. maureen718

maureen718 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's curious. I've had a few thoughts about the search and seizure warrant since we found out about it, has anyone seen the warrant? I thought I read in an early article that the warrant was served with the provision that the person (JM) had to be taken to police station before the search was executed?

16. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the warrant, but I read this too.

17. CTPDMom

CTPDMom Well-Known Member

This case keeps bringing another one back to me, but the name is escaping me. I think a dead mother and missing child, and the father was seen on TV with mother's parents...LE in that case suspected him from the beginning but didn't let on. Maybe one of you will recall. Many of us commented on the fact that grandma knew the truth but had to pretend to be kind to this man in order to find the baby. This reminds me of that case.

18. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Me too! Me too! :(

19. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

I have a sinking feeling they are more than likely cadaver scenting dogs. :(

Imo

Subiechik21, cass523, mjp1228 and 6 others like this.
  20. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

Me, too. This is awful. These babies are defenseless and have never done a wrong thing in their lives. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.