AMBER ALERT CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any new info with the Amber Alert?
No, although there is a press conference scheduled for 5pm tonight, so hopefully there will be then.

I was in the store (Dollar Tree) when the alert went through and everyone’s phones started going off at once. Someone said “what’s going on” (as to why everyone’s phone would go off all at once like that) and without even looking at their phones people started saying “it’s got to be an alert for that little girl that’s missing”. Everyone around here is aware already

No, although there is a press conference scheduled for 5pm tonight, so hopefully there will be then.

I was in the store (Dollar Tree) when the alert went through and everyone’s phones started going off at once. Someone said “what’s going on” (as to why everyone’s phone would go off all at once like that) and without even looking at their phones people started saying “it’s got to be an alert for that little girl that’s missing”. Everyone around here is aware already

Weird, I haven't gotten anything on my phone yet :-/

Amber Alert Issued For Missing 1-Year-Old In Ansonia

Police have issued an Amber Alert for missing 1-year-old Venessa Morales whose mother was found dead in their residence Monday evening.

Venessa is two feet and two inches tall and weighs 17 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to contact Ansonia Police at 203-735-1885 or the FBI at 1-800-225-5324. Police put out a Silver Alert for her Tuesday.

Vensessa was living on Myrtle Avenue. Police went to the home Monday night for a welfare check and found her mother dead. Her death is being investigated as a homicide.

Nearby towns would be Derby, Shelton, Seymour, Oxford... the closest would be Seymour and Derby. This happened a half mile from my home.

Edit: forgot Woodbridge. Woodbridge, Seymour, and Derby directly border Ansonia.
Thank you ! I'm wondering if this isn't a Jayme type case where Mom died trying to save the baby??? What reason would anyone have to kidnap the baby and kill mom? I don't like this at all.

Police have issued an Amber Alert for missing 1-year-old Venessa Morales whose mother was found dead in their residence Monday evening.

Venessa is two feet and two inches tall and weighs 17 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to contact Ansonia Police at 203-735-1885 or the FBI at 1-800-225-5324. Police put out a Silver Alert for her Tuesday.

Vensessa was living on Myrtle Avenue. Police went to the home Monday night for a welfare check and found her mother dead. Her death is being investigated as a homicide.
I've asked for the mods to update her thread to Amber Alert. Thanks for posting.

Thank you! I changed the thread title to reflect the Amber Alert.

Police are providing an update on the Amber Alert issued for 1-year-old Venessa Morales, whose mother was found dead in their Ansonia home on Monday night http://nbcct.co/IXEuIKF

Press Conference - Dec 4:

Lieutenant Lynch
  • Mother died of blunt force trauma
  • Issued Amber Alert: "We are still following leads and information obtained has led us to believe that an Amber Alert is necessary and an important tool in locating Venessa to bring her home safely"
  • "If she is somewhere safe, we are urging whoever she is with to please contact us"
  • Tipline being manned by FBI
Questions - answer by Lynch:
  • Is father still cooperating? - "He has been cooperative, he has given us information, we are still following up on that also."
  • "Information has been coming in every day. We continue to want the information to come in. We have decided at this point, three days out, we are greatly concerned that she is safe...and she may be safe somewhere...and I said before, please just contact us so we can verify that... this is not about punishing someone who may have her, this is about getting her and making sure she is safe"
  • Do you have a definitive person? - "We are not going to release any information as to where our leads are taking us at this point"
  • Searches? - "We have done multiple searches, we are not going to reach the locations at this time"
  • In terms of homicide, do you have any suspects involved in that? - "We are pursuing every lead that we have and we are not at this point ready to name any suspects"
  • There was a black Ford Focus towed from in front of her house today, what is the role with that? - "That is part of our investigation and we are working with the state police to examine that for any possible evidence"
  • "Had a lead in Stratford today"
  • If she is found, is there family in the area where she can go? - "There are multiple family members that I'm sure would be more than willing to help her. They've contacted us on a regular basis, they've gone out on their own on social media to try to get information to have her found. We are confident we have family members she can be placed with"
  • Any reason to believe she can be out of the state or is the focus in the state? - "No indication she has left the state, that is not out of the realm of possibilities, but we have no definitive information regarding that"
  • "No leads as to what she was wearing"
  • Conflicting reports as to when she was last seen? - "We can say that we definitively put her seen on Friday. We are then following leads after that but we are still working on that"
  • Told that a relative was taken into custody within the last 24 hours in New Haven? - "We have no information on that"
  • More detail on blunt force trauma? - "Blunt force is what we will release at this point as not to compromise the investigation. That's what the medical examiner as ruled it as."
  • Does the investigation indicate that it is only one victim? - "Right now, we are not releasing information in regards to that"
  • Do you have any reason to believe that the child might be in danger? - "We have great concern being one years old that no one has seen her for several days, completely dependent on everyone else, we want to make sure if she is with someone that she's fine. That's what our focus is."
  • Reviewed any surveillance video? - "We are currently working that. State police has been very helpful with that. We have the FBI in, they're doing multiple focus on the missing child and any video that we may find"
  • What is delaying the process of identifying the victim? - "The delay is just getting the fingerprints compared. Fingerprinting is the quickest way to do it."
  • Potentially an object found that they are reviewing that was used in the murder, but he "won't go into it"
  • Any drugs found in the house? - "No."
  • Second welfare check - what prompted the forced entry? - "Without giving away too much information, it was some things that the police officer saw just raised their suspicion that you know what, this is the second time we're here, no answer from the person we are looking for...and maybe we should just go in and look just to make sure"
  • Relative on social media saying they are planning to gather at the police department at 8am? - "We have spoken with that relative, we encourage them to continue their social media presence, we discouraged them from coming and doing a search. We've had members of the police and FBI up and down those neighborhoods talking to people, we would strongly encourage residents not to take up their own search."
  • There are reports that this woman was beaten so badly that that's what is hampering the identification, is that true? - "We are not going to release any information as to the condition of the victim at this time?"
  • Is there a threat to the public? - "We believe this is an isolated incident, not a random act."
  • Is the father a suspect? - "We are not releasing any information about a suspect at this time."

Last edited:
Press Conference - Dec 4:

Lieutenant Lynch
  • Mother died of blunt force trauma
  • Issued Amber Alert: "We are still following leads and information obtained has led us to believe that an Amber Alert is necessary and an important tool in locating Venessa to bring her home safely"
  • "If she is somewhere safe, we are urging whoever she is with to please contact us"
  • Tipline being manned by FBI
Questions - answer by Lynch:
  • Is father still cooperating? - "He has been cooperative, he has given us information, we are still following up on that also."
  • "Information has been coming in every day. We continue to want the information to come in. We have decided at this point, three days out, we are greatly concerned that she is safe...and she may be safe somewhere...and I said before, please just contact us so we can verify that... this is not about punishing someone who may have her, this is about getting her and making sure she is safe"
  • Do you have a definitive person? - "We are not going to release any information as to where our leads are taking us at this point"
  • Searches? - "We have done multiple searches, we are not going to reach the locations at this time"
  • In terms of homicide, do you have any suspects involved in that? - "We are pursuing every lead that we have and we are not at this point ready to name any suspects"
  • There was a black Ford Focus towed from in front of her house today, what is the role with that? - "That is part of our investigation and we are working with the state police to examine that for any possible evidence"
  • "Had a lead in Stratford today"
  • If she is found, is there family in the area where she can go? - "There are multiple family members that I'm sure would be more than willing to help her. They've contacted us on a regular basis, they've gone out on their own on social media to try to get information to have her found. We are confident we have family members she can be placed with"
  • Any reason to believe she can be out of the state or is the focus in the state? - "No indication she has left the state, that is not out of the realm of possibilities, but we have no definitive information regarding that"
  • "No leads as to what she was wearing"
  • Conflicting reports as to when she was last seen? - "We can say that we definitively put her seen on Friday. We are then following leads after that but we are still working on that"
  • Told that a relative was taken into custody within the last 24 hours in New Haven? - "We have no information on that"
  • More detail on blunt force trauma? - "Blunt force is what we will release at this point as not to compromise the investigation. That's what the medical examiner as ruled it as."
  • Does the investigation indicate that it is only one victim? - "Right now, we are not releasing information in regards to that"
Thanks for this, I was about to do the same!

Here are a few other notes I took from the presser:
  • Thanked Derby and Stratford PDs - later noted tips had come in, including one from Stratford today that PP mentioned.
  • Keeps insisting that they are not IDing victim because they want to be "100%." Currently working on fingerprints with ME for identification. Reporter mentioned reports that victim was beaten so badly it is hampering identification, LE won't release any information at this time as to condition of the victim.
  • CSP and FBI are helping to obtain/check surveillance.
  • LE is processing evidence from home that could potentially lead to an arrest - Multiple items taken from home that indicated homicide being examined, won't confirm what was removed.
  • No drugs or cash found in the home.
  • Police forced entry on second visit because LE saw some things that "raised suspicion."
  • Police encouraging family to maintain social media presence, but discouraging local searches - LE has been "up and down" the neighborhoods, strongly encourage family and neighbors not to take up own search.
  • LE will be trying to do a press review at 5pm every day.

Thanks for this, I was about to do the same!

Here are a few other notes I took from the presser:
  • Thanked Derby and Stratford PDs - later noted tips had come in, including one from Stratford today that PP mentioned.
  • Keeps insisting that they are not IDing victim because they want to be "100%." Currently working on fingerprints with ME for identification. Reporter mentioned reports that victim was beaten so badly it is hampering identification, LE won't release any information at this time as to condition of the victim.
  • CSP and FBI are helping to obtain/check surveillance.
  • LE is processing evidence from home that could potentially lead to an arrest - Multiple items taken from home that indicated homicide being examined, won't confirm what was removed.
  • No drugs or cash found in the home.
  • Police forced entry on second visit because LE saw some things that "raised suspicion."
  • Police encouraging family to maintain social media presence, but discouraging local searches - LE has been "up and down" the neighborhoods, strongly encourage family and neighbors not to take up own search.
  • LE will be trying to do a press review at 5pm every day.

Thanks. Now I understand why no name release. That sounds like a lot of rage or intentional misdirection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member