CT CT - WM DEVIN HOWELL, New Britain, 2003 and possibly earlier

Thanks cpaul, I just realized that was the Honsch mother and daughter!
That's *extremely* weird but I guess just goes to show that coincidences like this do happen.

First of all, condolences to all the family's

Menard lived in Waterbury but I take it she went missing from New Britain? after much reading that's not clear to me. She went missing on the night of 10/4/03 after going out for cigarettes.

Martinez, from what I gather lived in E Hartford and was last seen there on 10/10/03.

Cusack's missing date is unknown, She lived on Oak St. in New Britain her last contact with LE is said to be in July 03

All three are said to have battled substance abuse.

All three are said to frequent the area of E Main/Lafayette one article specifically mentioned the New Brite Plaza.

Martinez is said to have spent a good deal of time at a relatives residence at Farmington Hills apartment complex in NB. This complex is less than a quarter mile from where Cusack lived on Oak St. This area is around a mile northeast of the New Brite Plaza.

The location the remains were found, behind the subway on Hartford Rd. here, http://goo.gl/maps/SFJW0 has only one way in and out and the perp would have passed several businesses with no doubt several cameras yet the subject felt comfortable enough to do this on multiple occasions.

It is said that only Menard's hip bone's were found. I can see animals possibly scattering some of the remains but if this was all that were found this could be, among other things, an attempt to conceal identity. I'm wondering if this victim was a known acquaintance of her killer.

LR1, that's interesting.
The more I think about this, the less I think it's a coincidence that the same spot that an unrelated body was found in 1995 was chosen.

It's possible that the killer is someone who spent a lot of time when they were younger in New Britain, and he may have heard about that body being found behind the plaza when he was in secondary or high school- it's the kind of gruesome thing I could see becoming local town lore. I grew up in a similar (albeit smaller) NE town, and although we didn't have any recent murders, there were always locations where, as soon as you were able to bicycle to (or later drive to) there existed "haunted" places that you *had* to visit and revisit with friends as some kind of right of passage. These were also the preferred "parking" spots later on, since spookiness helped heighten the teen sense of adventure found in being someplace you shouldn't be, doing something you weren't supposed to be doing. Just thinking out loud here, but if the killer already had a long-term familiarity with the location and legend surrounding the older murder, it may have naturally become his first choice for dumping grounds later.

It could be that they were put in the same area as the 95 victim to throw off LE. It happened with one of the victims in the link cpaul posted above, her killer was caught and admitted putting her there for that reason so I can see that happening.

According to that link the triangle area between Waterbury, New Britain and the Campville area (exit 41) has had several murders, most with similar victimology all unsolved dating back to at least 1988 with Jessica Muskus being the latest. She went missing from Waterbury in Aug of 04 and was found near exit 41 in 2006. Authorities are not linking them but by the looks of it are not ruling out that they are related.

The addicts and sex workers who were copping and tricking in New Britain back in the summer/fall of 2003 are who LE needs to talk to. I would imagine many of those people crossed paths with this violent, most likely junkie weirdo.

NEW BRITAIN — Eight years after authorities first located the remains of three women behind a strip mall, the partial remains of at least four more people have been found.

And members of a task force investigating this continuing serial-killer case are focusing on a single suspect already locked up in prison, law enforcement officials familiar with the investigation said.

Press conference this afternoon.

http://www.courant.com/news/connect...l-killer-bodies-unearthed-20150511-story.html

Holy...

While looking at this case awhile back I came across William Devin Howell and thought he could possibly be the one responsible, so going out on a limb here, my guess is that its him.

Press conference in ten minutes 4pm est on all the local ct channels I will be watching if anyone wants any info. His hits hard because this happened in my hometown and less than half a mile from where my parents live and I grew up this shopping plaza is one I visited often.

Btw new Britain to Waterbury is about 45 minutes drive. New Britain or nb to locals is located in the center of the state and only two hours drive to both nyc and Boston. We are also know as the hardware city Capitol of the world as back in the 20s-80s new Britain was where all the factories were and stuff was shipped world wide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!

Fourth women identified by New Britain Serial Killer Task Force; 7 bodies now found
4:34PM, MAY 11, 2015

snip
New Britain police have announced a major update in the investigation of the discovery of new human remains found over the past few weeks at a location where partial remains of three women were discovered in 2007.

While the three bodies found in 2007 were previously identified as 53-year-old Diane Cusack, 23-year-old Joyvaline Martinez and 40-year-old Mary Jane Menard, New Britain Police Chief James Wardwell said on Monday that “the total number of bodies recovered at this time is at least 7,” and those remains have been turned over to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner to be identified.

Police identified one of the newly discovered victims as Melanie Ruth Camalini, born on May 11, 1973. The Seymour resident was a mother of two when she went missing from Waterbury in January 2003.

While police say that there is no danger to the public at this time, they also said they cannot comment on if they’ve identified a suspect or if they have someone in custody. However, The Hartford Courant reports that investigators have told them that they are focusing their serial-killer case on a single suspect who is already in prison.

The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has determined that the additional remains found belong to an additional four women, bringing the death toll from what is believed to be one serial killer up to seven.

There’s a $150,000 reward for information leading to a conviction.

More at link.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...pdate-in-Serial-Homicides-Case-303210871.html

New Britain, Connecticut, police said investigators have now found the skeletal remains of at least seven people buried behind a New Britain shopping center since 2007 and that the suspected serial killer is no longer a danger to the public.
Chief State's Attorney Kevin Kane said during a news conference Monday afternoon that it would be "unethical" to release the name of the suspect at this point. Multiple law enforcement sources have told NBC Connecticut that the suspected killer is imprisoned on unrelated charges.
Beach Brawl: 100 Brawlers, 9 Arrests in Massive Mass. Melee
Investigators have searched the wooded, marshy area behind 593 Hartford Road in New Britain every year since they uncovered the partial remains of three missing women in 2007.
Those women have been identified as Diane Cusack, Mary Jane Menard and Joyvaline Martinez. Police said their deaths have been ruled homicides.

0:00
/
2:48
(Published Monday, May 11, 2015)
New Britain Police Chief James Wardwell said Monday that investigators have found at least four additional bodies over the past two weeks. One of those bodies belongs to Melanie Camilini, a Seymour native and mother of two who was 29 years old when she died.
Camilini, Cusack, Menard and Martinez all disappeared in 2003.

I was not expecting 4 more bodies! I think they have a pretty good idea who it was.

I was not expecting 4 more bodies! I think they have a pretty good idea who it was.

The article says that they believe the person responsible is already in jail on un-related charges. I hope in the very near future we will be seeing someone charged!

good limb....she might be one of the ud 3 remaining(nilsa arizmedi not badaracco the story is just in that link).... http://www.marybadaracco.com/?p=588

allegedly they also found a video in his van(that was a blue 1985 Ford Econoline van registered to D.H. of 307 Washington Street, New Britain, Connecticut) when he was arrested of 2 uid women--wonder if those 2 and arizmedi will be the remaining 3 to be identified--

Thoughts about this case:

The person who committed these crimes had to be very familiar with the area. Hartford Rd (Rt. 71) is extremely busy. It is in between two big highways (for Connecticut)- I 84 and Rt. 9. It is close to a large and well known shopping mall called West Farms mall. In 2003, West Farms mall attracted middle to upper middle class shoppers with stores like Abercrombie, bebe, Nordstroms, etc. There was a Borders Bookstore nearby, and there is still a Barnes and Noble nearby. In those plazas were big stores like Sports Authority, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, etc. The borders/barnes and nobles are within view of 593 Hartford.

Like many places in CT, this area has a deep economic divide. North is the wealthy suburb of West Hartford- known for excellent schools and money. Bloomfield with money is North too. Northwest is Farmington... hard working families, middle class. New Britain, Newington to the east, and Hartford/ East Hartford to the North East are impoverished. There is a lot of drug abuse and crime. This dump site could not have been found in any way by chance. Someone had to have intimate knowledge of the land behind 593 Hartford Rd. There are other businesses directly connected to 593: a Monroe muffler, an Arthur Murray dance studio (open since 1983), a Subway, a gamestop. The anchor of the plaza is a CT Beverage Mart. An exit from route 9 south borders the property on one side. Right next door there is a fairly busy gas station.

It would be extremely audacious to dump bodies here. It is busy and well traveled, even late at night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back