Current Leads; Facts and Updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And never mind my previous post.

Wow, he looks so young! Do we know where that one came from?

ETA: Found it.

Here it is:

1506554_10203577742347762_3670476510276194870_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203577742347762&set=p.10203577742347762&type=1&theater
Well that def is the same kid who is in the other photos that the mother identified as her son. Praying that it is our Jason Doe.

I dont think its anything that the mother said she didnt know of any tattoos. i have over 10 tattoos and my family know of about half of them hahaha. plus he could of got it after he last saw her, especially as it was a homemade one. same with scars. i sliced my finger open at work once and now have a scar across my finger and i highly doubt if i went missing and they got asked if i had any scars my family would remember that as i barely even mentioned it to them. people at work probably have forgotten about it even though the embarrasement is locked in my mind forever haha

It seems from the photos and stated on the report, that Jason Callahan wore eye glasses. Does anyone know if there were eye glasses found at the scene of the accident or whether Jason Doe had contact lenses in?

It seems from the photos and stated on the report, that Jason Callahan wore eye glasses. Does anyone know if there were eye glasses found at the scene of the accident or whether Jason Doe had contact lenses in?

The photos with the glasses are the oldest photos we've seen of Jason. In the later photos he does not wear glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope GD is Jason. If it is I feel heartbroken for his mum though. I hope she can take some small comfort from the fact that thousands of strangers have been caring and looking out for him for nearly 20 years, we've never let him be forgotten, and we didn't even know his name.

Regarding glasses, my DH used to wear them and now does not. He has not gotten lenses nor had lasik surgery. They give him a little headache sometimes so he just doesn't wear them (unless we go to the movies, which is less than once a year). Could be that Jason didn't need them too much.

Regarding glasses, my DH used to wear them and now does not. He has not gotten lenses nor had lasik surgery. They give him a little headache sometimes so he just doesn't wear them (unless we go to the movies, which is less than once a year). Could be that Jason didn't need them too much.

Yes I too had glasses for a short time as a kid...as an adult they are un-needed.

BTW everyone if you have been touched by this case- live your feelings out in helping others and volunteering effort to find the missing, vunerable and disenfranchised. I have followed the Grateful Doe case because I almost ended up like him- at age 22 I was in a horrific front end car crash. I was wearing my seatbelt so I didn't die like he did. Life is fragile and short and in the end the most meaningful thing we can take from life is our love for others.

So..I uh.. <guiltyface>...overlaid GD's reconstructed photo with Jason Callahan's...you know..to compare bone structure eye, mouth, ear spacing. If anyone's interested;I'll upload it. I just feel guilty in a way for doing it in the first place. And I can't really explain why. Does that make sense? JMO

You shouldn't feel guilty at all. I don't see it any different than the countless times we've done it before trying to match missing persons to a uid.

*Sent from an Etch-a-Sketch*

Oh my gosh, would love to see this John Doe identified. I saw a news report today of a woman saying her son left to follow the Grateful Dead 20 years ago, and I immediately thought of our John Doe.

Oh my gosh, would love to see this John Doe identified. I saw a news report today of a woman saying her son left to follow the Grateful Dead 20 years ago, and I immediately thought of our John Doe.
Her son is the Illinois Jason whose photos we have and whose dna is being ran against our GD, so the story you saw is tied to this case.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/...s-phishs-trey-anastasio-enlisted-as-frontman/

The Dead are reuniting in Chicago for 3 concerts this year. They have the lead singer of Phish coming in as the singer.

If JC is not Grateful Doe, this is a GREAT place to have a push. It will draw in both Grateful Dead and Phish fans from all over the country. I wonder if the band would flash the info on a screen or something during all three shows.

Her son is the Illinois Jason whose photos we have and whose dna is being ran against our GD, so the story you saw is tied to this case.

I was looking at Google maps and imo it looks like GD was heading home (if Jason and GD are the same) towards Myrtle Beach. They could have been heading to Fayettesville NC, it would be a simple matter of dropping GD off at a truck stand or something and he could hitch the rest of the way while Hager headed west to Inman SC

Mel

I am really torn on how I hope this turns out. We have all wanted GD to be identified so badly. But I see these photos of Jason Callahan and he looks like such a sweet kid. Uggghhh, my heart hurts for his mom either way. :sheesh:

Wow. The damage is incredible. They would have never a chance. Quite a sobering sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288