Customer Service Rant Goes Viral -- You go, Guy!!

oh_gal

Reaction score
OMG....I have sooooooooooooooo been where this guy is. With more and more companies outsourcing their customer service centers to "Buffy" or "Brent" in India (I swear, they pull their "American" names out of a hat first thing in the morning), "customer service" is the new oxymoron...
Note: I don't know that that's what happened in this case, but it's been my experience lately.

My apologies to any of our hard-working customer service CS'ers who have to put up with irate customers on a daily basis.

All I can say is, "You go, Mister...I feel your pain...."
(But I must admit, the slide show is hilarious!)

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/money/c.../No-help-Customer-service-meltdown-goes-viral

Omg @ super friendly CS guy .40 after the first round of screaming: "Yeah I'm so sorry about that sir, can I get the phone number on your account?"

I bet this was the smoker's quit help line :)

As a CS rep I can tell you that I would have hung up at the first curse word. Whenever a person starts to swear I will calmly ask them not to, that I would love to help them if they can speak to me respectfully and that I won't take any abuse and if they start to yell or swear again I release the call. This person should never have let the call go on. I tell the person that I would be happy to help them once they are able to speak calmly.
There is no reason to take that kind of abuse. I totally understand his frustration but losing it isn't helping him one bit and only causes him to continue to escalate and the situation is never resolved.

Yeah. I'm nice to phone rep people. It's a crap job, and if they are incompetent it's usually because they are kept that way by middle and upper management. The individual CS rep did not create the system that keeps them isolated from the information they need to help you.

Is this a real call or a comedy skit?

It sounds like he is talking with Verizon, I swear this happens every time I move and ask for a service transfer. It is always a hassle, a mess, and the CS Rep is never kind like this one is.

I feel sorry for both sides of the story. CS Reps and customers.

Side note: The U.S. should never have sent jobs that our own burgeoning population need to other countries. It would be better for the companies to have U.S. reps that live here and know what is going on. It would be better for our own citizens, even the many we let move here and acquire citizenship. It's a win win to keep jobs here.

Is this a real call or a comedy skit?

It sounds like he is talking with Verizon, I swear this happens every time I move and ask for a service transfer. It is always a hassle, a mess, and the CS Rep is never kind like this one is.

I feel sorry for both sides of the story. CS Reps and customers.

Side note: The U.S. should never have sent jobs that our own burgeoning population need to other countries. It would be better for the companies to have U.S. reps that live here and know what is going on. It would be better for our own citizens, even the many we let move here and acquire citizenship. It's a win win to keep jobs here.
Amen...every time I see Bill Gates, I think that. When I have to deal with Sears, AT&T, DIRECTV, Walmart ..they all outsource. What's our unemployment rate now?

Oh, I know US workers have to be paid more..but I feel the bottom line here is shareholders' profits. And Board salaries.

I have to be honest here...I go out of my way to be nice and cheerful to anyone that I have to call to get things fixed. As a result, I've not ever gotten as mad as that man did.

And yes, I've been on hell-hold, and I've gotten lost far more than once in a phone system. But I stick with the old adage that you get more flies with sugar than with vinegar, and even when I'm mad I am polite about it - after all, that particular person is not the reason I've had to make the call.

Poor "Mark".

Best-
Herding Cats

(And about halfway through, I began to wonder if this was real or a set up...and I am not sure of the answer yet...).

I have a hard time believing this is a real conversation.

If it is legitimate, this guy screaming is one heartbeat away from having a stroke or a heart attack! Also, I am not sure what he was trying to accomplish by screaming for six minutes all the while NOT providing the information the rep needed to get into his account.

This caller needs some real help. Mental help, that is. I get being frustrated, I have been there. Usually if I get to this point, I take a breath and walk away for a bit. Being this irate helps nothing. I am shocked this kid stayed on the line as long as he did with the totally abusive guy.

This is the question I have... is there not a local location he can PHYSICALLY walk into to try to fix this problem? I have found face to face fixes things much quicker then a phone call anyway.

This guys anger, while I understand it, isn't making the situation any better.

OMG! I swear, my blood pressure got elevated just listening to that guy!
I've been on both sides of this; completely frustrated with the "automated customer service" < is that an oxymoron? :)
The way "Mark" composed himself reminds me of the Dunkin Donuts guy in Florida when that horrid woman videoed herself acting like a total witch. They both deserve bonuses for putting up with such bs

This caller needs some real help. Mental help, that is. I get being frustrated, I have been there. Usually if I get to this point, I take a breath and walk away for a bit. Being this irate helps nothing. I am shocked this kid stayed on the line as long as he did with the totally abusive guy.

This is the question I have... is there not a local location he can PHYSICALLY walk into to try to fix this problem? I have found face to face fixes things much quicker then a phone call anyway.

This guys anger, while I understand it, isn't making the situation any better.

I was ashamed for the caller. Matter of fact, I'm surprised the dude didn't have a stroke! I had to stop listening because it was stressing me out.

MOO

Mel

Oh wow! This video reminds me why I retired! :lol: I did CSR work in the insurance industry for 22 yrs. No one ever likes their bill (especially here in CA) and they all feel the need to call and yell about it. If its not the bill, it's that their claim isn't covered, sometimes because they never paid said bill etc, etc.

I did learn very early on about the anger 'mountain'. If you let em scream and holler, without any interruption at all....eventually they scream and yell to a point where they start to hear themselves, and realize what an a$$ they are being, and then they calm down. I would just sit and wait, and wait, and wait until they ran out of things to scream about. Then I'd tell them I knew exactly how they felt. Then I'd remind them that I personally, was not the one who set the rates, or decided what's covered etc. then I'd ask what I could do to help them :) usually they would apologize and collect themselves by then. :D

Oh and definitely if they were cursing, they get one warning, then click. Then when they call back, the big boss would answer the phone. No one ever wanted to talk to the big boss, he would tell them exactly what a jerk they were being, and then refuse to do business with them again. At least I always knew I had my boss backing me up 100% :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back