Cutting-edge facial reconstruction project points to future hope in identifying UIDs

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Jun 17, 2013.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Good stuff. Yes, this was a special project, yes, the techniques used in it were both expensive and time-consuming. But yes - in the future techniques like these, streamlined and at lesser cost, might be the status quo.

Revealed: How the face of one of Henry VIII's archers who drowned on the Mary Rose was painstakingly reconstructed.(Daily Mail)
    much more, with pictures and a sidebar, at the link above

2. Loading...

3. csziggy

csziggy New Member

I expect someday they will take the 3-D scan and use computer modeling to build up the muscles, fat layers, and skin to make the reconstruction. Then they will be able to 3-D print the completed face!

4. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

The story of the Mary Rose is also pretty cool. Every time I follow one of your links to the Daily Mail I end up reading 10 other articles (mostly trashy celebrity stuff that I don't even care about so why do i read it?)

5. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Yep. Me too. DM links should carry a warning. I now know the stories of a troubling many UK Z-list "stars." WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?? I could volunteer to go in solo ("No, stand back, let me go - you have no idea what's down there. It's - it's sheer hell sometimes") but then a link-click and people still would see the scurrious stuff on the right of the page!

Here's the Wiki page on the Mary Rose.