Cybercrimes Threads?

Startropic1

Reaction score
As I've mentioned elsewhere in these forums, I am a programmer. I've recently come across a particular online "gathering" that I highly suspect is a gathering of online scammers. (I can at a minimum confirm that a lot of money has been sunk into this online source.)
I wanted to open a thread on this matter here on websleuths to futher investigate this source and gather adequate evidence before taking the steps to pursue shutting it down. However, I don't see a space on Websleuths for cybercrime/fraud. Could someone more experienced on this site point me in the right location to open this investigative thread?

network engineer / analyst here currently doing a Cyber Security degree this year

so i totally relate to your desires it interests me as well, i am not sure where you'd put it either

but i would suggest forwarding your concerns to the FBI cyber crimes divisions if you think you have proof of this as you might be savings thousands of people from being ripped off

If there isn't a section of Websleuths for this, perhaps there should be? It would be a good idea since within the judicial system and general law enforcement there is a bit of a lack of technical expertise beyond their specific cybercrimes divisions. Therefore there are many ways online users like those of us on this site can really help investigate these particular type of crimes.

I totally agree. The admin of this site should be able to work something out. Or maybe you could send them an email directly regarding this.

Honestly, it just seems to me that the more I look, the more I see talks about scams and frauds. I understand that there was probably a boom because of the pandemic in one way or another, but it also seems such organizations just grow stronger and stronger. My opinion was always that every company would implement some kind of anti-fraud, some protection software, they wouldn't be able to gather so much power and so much influence. For example, my company has been using KYB implementation for the past year from a top developer in the field and it's like the previous problems we were facing just stopped.

As I've mentioned elsewhere in these forums, I am a programmer. I've recently come across a particular online "gathering" that I highly suspect is a gathering of online scammers. (I can at a minimum confirm that a lot of money has been sunk into this online source.)
I wanted to open a thread on this matter here on websleuths to futher investigate this source and gather adequate evidence before taking the steps to pursue shutting it down. However, I don't see a space on Websleuths for cybercrime/fraud. Could someone more experienced on this site point me in the right location to open this investigative thread?

BBM

I too would be interested in a cybercrimes section but I just wonder in this case whether it would be counter-productive to discuss any evidence you might gather on what is a public forum? The threads are visible even without being logged in (unless there are private areas I am unaware of) and are also crawled by search engines.

I'm intrigued by what you say though!

Also interested in cyber crime/scams, but more in a general way as opposed to "taking them down"- too scared they would try some hanky panky on this site.
Would a general scam and cyber crime thread be useful?

Also interested in cyber crime/scams, but more in a general way as opposed to "taking them down"- too scared they would try some hanky panky on this site.
Would a general scam and cyber crime thread be useful?

Yeah agree, it would have to be a general thing, don't think you can plot the downfall of the dark web on a public forum in plain sight ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back