Dad Heads to Prom, Iraq

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by sherri79, May 6, 2007.

1. sherri79

sherri79 Former Member

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=81505

"I couldn't think of anybody else to enjoy the day with, my birthday, plus my senior prom, and my dad he's a fun guy," says Marrielle.
    "To go to her final prom from high school, on her 18th birthday, to me it's a great honor to do this," says Shack.

And this night is even more special for the father and daughter because in just a week Marrielle's dad will be deployed to Iraq

2. Loading...

3. Shazza

Shazza Former Member

That is so sweet, most girls would definitely not take their dads as their dates to their school prom. This family must be so close. It is a real feel good story.

4. Elphaba

Elphaba Defying Gravity...

That is so heartwarming!

5. Gina_M

Gina_M New Member

"I enjoy this being with my daughter and her friends, letting my hair down. I don't have any hair but that's okay," says Shack. :D

6. blue_the_puppy

blue_the_puppy Member

what a good looking dad & daughter. i pray that he is safe in iraq.

7. Mygirlsadie

Mygirlsadie New Member

AH! This just got me all choked up! How very sweet of her to think of her dad in this way. Obviously a very loving, unselfish daughter he raised..he should be so proud!

8. KatK

KatK Former Member

If I were the school administrators, I might cook up a surprise of giving her her diploma early in a special ceremony, complete with the prom photographer getting pictures "on the school", but that may not be possible.

9. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

Such a beautiful story! They certainly did raise such a good child. Most children can get selfish when it comes to their proms. For her to let her dad go with her is beautiful!