Dad Refuses to Give Up Newborn Son With Down Syndrome

I didn't read where he was being woeful.

Why even talk about it? You now have a beautiful boy. Just get with parenting and work things out like the rest of us. You are divorced you have custody.

Why even talk about it? You now have a beautiful boy. Just get with parenting and work things out like the rest of us. You are divorced you have custody.

How was he supposed to get on with parenting? He was in foreign country, apparently with no resources. No relatives available to help him. Should he have gone begging on the street instead of soliciting on the internet?

How was he supposed to get on with parenting? He was in foreign country, apparently with no resources. Should he have gone begging on the street instead of soliciting on the internet?

Get a job, Like the rest of the world. He never planned what he was going to do after he and his wife had a baby?? Come on.

Get a job, Like the rest of the world. He never planned what he was going to do after he and his wife had a baby?? Come on.

So basically it'd be better for him to be struggling than getting a nice chunk of change through donations? He doesn't seem to think so.

How did this end up being a major news story to begin with?

Was the hospital so shocked at the dad's decision they contacted the press? Sheesh. Whole thing is pathetic imo.

So basically it'd be better for him to be struggling than getting a nice chunk of change through donations? He doesn't seem to think so.

Get a JOB! Like every other single parent out there.
Are you telling me they were planning on having a baby and they did not plan? Have a job, Money?
SO he was a slacker who now wants the world to feel bad for him and fund his life?
Sorry.. work and support your child.

Nobody is forcing anybody to donate anything. Nobody is stopping anybody else from opening these accounts asking for donations.
So I really don't understand the problem here. If you don't want to donate, then don't. People have donated money for a lot worse reasons than helping somebody to raise a child with Down syndrome.

Get a JOB! Like every other single parent out there.
Are you telling me they were planning on having a baby and they did not plan? Have a job, Money?
SO he was a slacker who now wants the world to feel bad for him and fund his life?
Sorry.. work and support your child.

Then again maybe this WAS the plan when the baby was born with Downs and somehow this became a worldwide story.

Maybe after the donations pour in the couple will "reconcile" quietly.

Nobody is forcing anybody to donate anything. Nobody is stopping anybody else from opening these accounts asking for donations.
So I really don't understand the problem here. If you don't want to donate, then don't. People have donated money for a lot worse reasons than helping somebody to raise a child with Down syndrome.

The problem is talking about a child with Down's as if it is some fatal disease. IT is a condition that will mean some struggles but as a rule Children with Downs are amazing people.

Then again maybe this WAS the plan when the baby was born with Downs and somehow this became a worldwide story.

Maybe after the donations pour in the couple will "reconcile" quietly.

That really seems like a long shot to me.

Really, So what? Do you know how many people are raising children with Downs.

He is the parent. IT is HIS job to raise and provide.

Then he is doing his job. He is raising a child and figured out how to provide for the kid. So what is it that you are having a problem with?

Then he is doing his job. He is raising a child and figured out how to provide for the kid. So what is it that you are having a problem with?

Not it is not. That is not doing your job. That is begging for other people to support your child. He knew he was going to be a father with or without the wife he should have planned. Downs or no downs he had a child coming to raise.

Not it is not. That is not doing your job. That is begging for other people to support your child. He knew he was going to be a father with or without the wife he should have planned. Downs or no downs he had a child coming to raise.

Maybe he should have done the same as his wife and left the kid with the government. Would that be better?

Maybe he should have done the same as his wife and left the kid with the government. Would that be better?

Maybe, He apparently can not take care of the child. IT is his child. He does not get credit for being a parent. It seems to me he is using the child to get money. And that makes me ill.

And there are obvious solutions to this.

I'm assuming she thought the child would be "normal" and didn't feel the need for "solutions" until the baby was born and wasn't what she wanted.

I'm assuming she thought the child would be "normal" and didn't feel the need for "solutions" until the baby was born and wasn't what she wanted.
??? I was responding to a post regarding a hypothetical situation where wife never wanted children and divorced her husband after she had the healthy child. In that case wife would know she never wanted children, so why produce one?

??? I was responding to a post regarding a hypothetical situation where wife never wanted children and divorced her husband after she had the healthy child. In that case wife would know she never wanted children, so why produce one?

Because some people don't believe in Abortion no matter what the circumstance.
They give them up for adoption. It could be she never wanted children at all and just went through with it and planned of just handing it over.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back