Dairy Queen manager is arrested after 'bullying worker, 17, until he killed himself':

Discussion in 'Bullies and Stalkers' started by HMSHood, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

Late to the party, but, nope.

Traits and Characteristics of Workplace Bullies and Their Targets

Bullies select targets carefully, generally selecting victims who for a variety of reasons will suffer quietly while expecting someone higher up to step in to right the situation.

As other posters have stated, many people bullied at work must have the job & income. Not everyone is in a financial position to walk away from a job.

Bullying Basics

(Been there, done that. Survived & yes in a much, much better place!)

JMHO YMMV LRR

2. AllWeNeedIsLove

AllWeNeedIsLove New Member

Thank you for posting that. I can't believe that woman terrorized him to the point of suicide and basically walked away. It really says a lot about our society.

Laughing likes this.
  3. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

I haven't read this entire thread; however, even when I was young, I always took up for the underdog and those who were picked on by others.

Why didn't anyone stand up for this kid? I know if I had worked with Kenny and saw this manager treating him like this, I would have said something to her.

Everyone deserves respect. We should teach our children the acceptable ways that they and others should be treated. They shouldn't be bullied nor should they be bullies.

If you see something that is wrong, never be afraid to tell someone what is going on.

SugarQueen and Laughing like this.
  4. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

My heart breaks for you, too. My best friend was in this situation and, back then, the bullying was not quite so intense as now, but it was still pretty intense. She has had lifelong consequences. Her parents were not effective in teaching her bully-defense methods (her mom was actually something of a bully herself, her dad was a sweetheart).

We are a long way from holding bullies criminally responsible with consistency, but the wheels are turning.

Laughing likes this.
  5. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

More & more schools are educating students about resisting bullies. As most of us know, just another human silently standing next to the chosen victim is often enough to shut the bully down.

I'll poke around for a link. About 10 years ago, a review of research showed that social/emotional teaching in schools is effective in reducing bullying.

That all needs to continue, as well as figuring out why most bullies are hurting -- and how to help them heal those hurts instead of inflicting them on other people.

JMHO YMMV

6. JustaboyFromMS

JustaboyFromMS Topix Legend

Made him clean the floor & threw a burger at him? R.I.P to this young man, but he clearly had other issues than his manager "bullying" him. How can she be charge w/ manslaughter for throwing a burger at him?

7. Jewels53

Jewels53 Forever in my Heart!

Have you read the whole thread? It is more than throwing a burger at him.

Harley Branham: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

JMO