Dallas Zoo closes to search for missing clouded leopard.

How disgusting to hurt and kill innocent animals. Setting them free can be a death sentence too, as they may not be able to find suitable food and there’s a risk of them being shot if they can’t be caught. Don’t they have CCTV? These animals shouldn’t be in cages and pens, but whilst they are the Zoo has a very clear duty of care for them. They need decent CCTV and security.

Arrest in the Louisiana monkey theft but no monkeys found.

I am shocked and disappointed that it seems pretty easy for someone to abduct one of these precious animals from these zoos. If the zoo cannot provide safety for their animals they should be shut down. There needs to be adequate camera surveillance, alarms and anything necessary to ensure the safety of animals. It makes me sick to see how easy it seems to be for someone with bad intentions to just cut some wire, walk into an enclosure and abduct an animal.

Arrest in the Louisiana monkey theft but no monkeys found.
Monkey's! out of all the critters I would want, monkey ain't one of em. Those guys are sketchy at best and even the lil ones are strong.

How disgusting to hurt and kill innocent animals. Setting them free can be a death sentence too, as they may not be able to find suitable food and there’s a risk of them being shot if they can’t be caught. Don’t they have CCTV? These animals shouldn’t be in cages and pens, but whilst they are the Zoo has a very clear duty of care for them. They need decent CCTV and security.
Nowadays, legitimate zoos use animals that, for any number of reasons, cannot live in the wild. They have been bred in captivity, or are disabled and would be unable to fend for themselves in the wild.

I am shocked and disappointed that it seems pretty easy for someone to abduct one of these precious animals from these zoos. If the zoo cannot provide safety for their animals they should be shut down. There needs to be adequate camera surveillance, alarms and anything necessary to ensure the safety of animals. It makes me sick to see how easy it seems to be for someone with bad intentions to just cut some wire, walk into an enclosure and abduct an animal.

So hard to shut down a zoo - very few places for the animals to go. But other zoos and zookeeping associations could definitely aid in getting these animals to other places. There are lots of animal rescue places out west, as well (more space - Utah has several and there's a big cat rescue here in California). There's also a teaching zoo out here that specializes in zoo rescue animals.

It is infuriating that this zoo doesn't seem to have security. And yes, sickening.

Fortunately, tiny monkeys are way less dangerous than a chimp - but four chimps were killed (murdered) because Swedish authorities apparently don't know what a tranquilizer dart might be:

I was shocked by this and still am.

So hard to shut down a zoo - very few places for the animals to go. But other zoos and zookeeping associations could definitely aid in getting these animals to other places. There are lots of animal rescue places out west, as well (more space - Utah has several and there's a big cat rescue here in California). There's also a teaching zoo out here that specializes in zoo rescue animals.

It is infuriating that this zoo doesn't seem to have security. And yes, sickening.

Fortunately, tiny monkeys are way less dangerous than a chimp - but four chimps were killed (murdered) because Swedish authorities apparently don't know what a tranquilizer dart might be:

I was shocked by this and still am.

That is shocking and unnecessary to have killed the chimps- what is wrong with these zoo-keepers, that they cannot figure out how to dart an animal!!! unconscionable

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back