Dallas Zoo closes to search for missing clouded leopard.

Dallas police said they believe someone cut an opening in an enclosure and took two emperor tamarin monkeys, small primates with long whiskers that look like a mustache.

“It was clear the habitat had been intentionally compromised,” the zoo said in a statement that offered few other details.
The zoo has said that it has added additional cameras and increased overnight security patrols.
Animals have escaped enclosures from the Dallas Zoo before. Most notably, a 340-pound (154-kilogram) gorilla named Jabari jumped over a wall in 2004 and went on a 40-minute rampage that injured three people before police shot and killed the animal.

Well it could not have been a sophisticated crime ring if they were found in a closet in an abandoned home.
Now I think this one is done by some kid.

Last edited:
This might be a case of mental illness. A church owner of the property where the 2 monkeys were found in a closet and they are the ones to alert LE. It seems they suspected this location because they have found numerous animals locked inside in the past. CHICKENS, PIGEONS, AND OTHER BIRDS AND CATS WERE FOUND AT THIS HOME.

The man in the pic had been to the church and seemed off and it is thought he was living in the boarded up home with various animals. Family saw his pic and called LE. There has been no arrest.

There is video in the link of the monkeys in the home when found.

Last edited:
this is just weird. most monkeys can be aggressive- not sure about these, but why steal them? Very curious about the culprit(s) and what the motives are.
I was thinking the same about aggressive monkeys. I would have been afraid of handling them. Whoever took them was taking a risk. Poor monkeys might not have survived.

My apologies to the staff of the Dallas Zoo for suggesting a possible inside job. My kudos for the Dallas Zoo doing everything they did/do to ensure the welfare of the animals in their care.

My apologies to the staff of the Dallas Zoo for suggesting a possible inside job. My kudos for the Dallas Zoo doing everything they did/do to ensure the welfare of the animals in their care.
yes but one wonders if this guy was practically living in the zoo... hiding and staying overnight? from the the videos it looks as if there is a lot acreage. wonder how they clear the area at the end of the day.

This is happening elsewhere as well.

Zoo officials in New York City are trying to recover a Eurasian eagle owl that escaped its enclosure on Thursday night.
The owl, who lives in the Central Park Zoo and is named Flaco, was discovered missing around 8:30 p.m. Its exhibit "had been vandalized and the stainless steel mesh cut," according to a statement from the zoo.

On Saturday, five days before Flaco's exhibit was tampered with, 12 squirrel monkeys were stolen from a Louisiana zoo. Two days after that, on Monday, two emperor tamarin monkeys went missing at the Dallas Zoo.

Irvin’s arrest followed a sighting of him at another home for exotic animals, The Dallas World Aquarium, where an employee recognized him from news coverage of the missing monkeys.

“We do believe that (Irvin) was looking to commit another crime,” Dallas police spokeswoman Kristin Lowman said at a Friday news conference.

Sounds like we have a man with the Dr. Dolittle syndrome and maybe in his mind believes he is helping the animals?. As for how he was handling the animals is scary in itself. As mentioned Monkeys can get down right testy and as for cat's, about the same.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back