Danny King 1982 Murder on St Louis Highway

morf13

Ver. Insider Golden State Killer & Zodiac Killer
Reaction score
Daniel W. King, AKA Danny King was murdered in 1982 on a highway in St Louis County.
He was a 20 year old husband, and father of a 3 day old Daugher.

There's a Facebook page for him-
Danny King - 1982 Unsolved Murder

I just did a podcast episode about him-
Episode 8 Danny king - The Murder in My Family

Please, if you are in the St Louis area or are looking for a cold case to dig into, please take a look at this one

Daniel W. King, AKA Danny King was murdered in 1982 on a highway in St Louis County.
He was a 20 year old husband, and father of a 3 day old Daugher.

There's a Facebook page for him-
Danny King - 1982 Unsolved Murder

I just did a podcast episode about him-
Episode 8 Danny king - The Murder in My Family

Please, if you are in the St Louis area or are looking for a cold case to dig into, please take a look at this one

Thanks, I'll definitely listen to this. Very sad story. Reading the FB page, the only rational answer for why he pulled over on the shoulder of the highway with another car parked in front of him - his killer was LE or pretended to be LE.

Only other alternative would be a motorist pretending to be in distress, flagging him down. Seems less likely someone would stop at that hour to help someone, though. Or if he had stopped, he would have gotten out of his car to talk to them. The fact that he stayed in his car while the killer walked up and shot through the passenger windown indicates he was waiting for them to approach and talk to him. Was his wallet out on the seat? Any windows rolled down?

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll definitely listen to this. Very sad story. Reading the FB page, the only rational answer for why he pulled over on the shoulder of the highway with another car parked in front of him - his killer was LE or pretended to be LE.

Only other alternative would be a motorist pretending to be in distress, flagging him down. Seems less likely someone would stop at that hour to help someone, though. Or if he had stopped, he would have gotten out of his car to talk to them. The fact that he stayed in his car while the killer walked up and shot through the passenger windown indicates he was waiting for them to approach and talk to him. Was his wallet out on the seat? Any windows rolled down?

The wallet & cash were in the car(not sure where), as far as window, broken glass from the gunshots was inside the car

The wallet & cash were in the car(not sure where), as far as window, broken glass from the gunshots was inside the car

I listened to the podcast, it was very good. There were more details discussed. The timeline is a little confusing. Maybe he became sleepy while driving and home and pulled over to rest. Someone may have tried to rob him. The witness statement about the man and woman on the side of the road seems interesting. Seems an odd way of trying to rob people, though. Did the trucker see them around the time Danny was attacked?

When I get a chance, I'll see if I can put a timeline together. We should also do a victim profile, as it seems LE didn't do that at the time.

I listened to the podcast, it was very good. There were more details discussed. The timeline is a little confusing. Maybe he became sleepy while driving and home and pulled over to rest. Someone may have tried to rob him. The witness statement about the man and woman on the side of the road seems interesting. Seems an odd way of trying to rob people, though. Did the trucker see them around the time Danny was attacked?

When I get a chance, I'll see if I can put a timeline together. We should also do a victim profile, as it seems LE didn't do that at the time.
Thanks Betty. The truck driver saw the couple close to the time Danny was likely shot. But he did not see Danny

Thanks Betty. The truck driver saw the couple close to the time Danny was likely shot. But he did not see Danny

Thanks! That's very helpful information. As an aside, I grew up in south St. Louis county, so have some local interest. I moved away just a couple years before Danny was killed and still visit the area regularly. I do hope they get some answers. Someone out there knows something.

ETA: As I recall from your podcast, all the other witnesses on the highway that night saw Danny's car driving backwards, correct?

Thanks! That's very helpful information. As an aside, I grew up in south St. Louis county, so have some local interest. I moved away just a couple years before Danny was killed and still visit the area regularly. I do hope they get some answers. Someone out there knows something.

ETA: As I recall from your podcast, all the other witnesses on the highway that night saw Danny's car driving backwards, correct?
The caller for sure

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back