Dark Haired Woman/beige shirt

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 4.18.16 PM.png
(I played around with the color settings to bring into focus, so her hair and skin are probably not quite this dark)

Trying to get her shirt white and earrings silver, which is what I believe they would have been originally? The type of shirt she is wearing looks like it would be white. This edit definitely feels a bit exaggerated, but I also can see where she may be Hispanic (or Native American?). Just a theory. Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 4.29.54 PM.png

In the most tranquil (earliest?) shot, her expression is serene, her blouse is unrumpled, and her neck has no red stripes. Later, something has happened.

Attachments

• 01563.jpg
    01563.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 16
That was a good idea to do screengrabs from the documentary @Daphne1972

I think she looks more "late 1960s" in the screengrab, especially her hairstyle, the way it is curled and slips upright. (I had not seen this exact image previously) Possibly even mid 60s. The poet shirt/Mexican shirt was a trend too then, I believe.

One thing about the earring. There does seem to be a loop/wire/something if you increase it and look. It isn't a typical straight post. See?

View attachment 352520
You mean at the back? That's a screw back earring :) you literary screw that part onto your earlobe.

Yes this is the sixties alright. But he fled to NYC in September 1968. This imo is the Manhattan apartment but with much more clutter.

In the picture where you see the earring dangling from her ear, there's a few other interesting things besides the text in the magazine. Left there's a painting of a hand holding something. In the back something like a tile with apparently a tree on it. They have the same orientation. This freak liked his symbolism and rituals.

I bet if she's indeed a victim, the painting, tile and text/numbers on the magazine all mean something. That in itself could mean premeditation.

In the most tranquil (earliest?) shot, her expression is serene, her blouse is unrumpled, and her neck has no red stripes. Later, something has happened.
I know what you mean. But too me she's not serene as such but seemingly sedated.

Yes,I understand the screw back, I'm just curious about the curve of it. I will try to find something similar to show you.

I agree with you Daphne that she does not seem serene exactly. Something is a bit off about that photo to me. Maybe it is supposed to be a seductive pose, or maybe he just said something awful to her, I can't tell which but I personally find it a bit ....something? Maybe I'm reading into it, and she's just sitting there. Totally possible, of course!

Yes,I understand the screw back, I'm just curious about the curve of it. I will try to find something similar to show you.

I agree with you Daphne that she does not seem serene exactly. Something is a bit off about that photo to me. Maybe it is supposed to be a seductive pose, or maybe he just said something awful to her, I can't tell which but I personally find it a bit ....something? Maybe I'm reading into it, and she's just sitting there. Totally possible, of course!
The earring looks a bit squashed. She looks as if she's going to pass out. Too much whites of the eye showing under her irises.

Edit, not whites of the eyes. I always thought that. It's just probably white eye pencil on the waterline.

Trying to get her shirt white and earrings silver, which is what I believe they would have been originally? The type of shirt she is wearing looks like it would be white. This edit definitely feels a bit exaggerated, but I also can see where she may be Hispanic (or Native American?). Just a theory. View attachment 352537
Yeah most probably Hispanic.

Some of this too, trying to read a mood or what was going on, I guess we should also remember he shot in film, and he was a mediocre photographer. I think today, many of these shots would just be deleted. A lot of them have people with eyes half shut from blinking or making a weird face for reasons that are obviously not sinister too.

It is almost as if he had a thing for shadows blocking half a person's face.

If I read the numbers correct and are zip codes, they lead to Flora park and Bryant park. Don't know if they existed back then. But I'm seeing a theme. Something floral in the hand, a tree on the tile, Flora park. Bryant is similar to Bryoni which comes from the Celtic word to sprout.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back