Dark Minds Episode on the LISK airing 4/23

But the killer would know as to who did and didn't take their phone. When he called MB's sister he turned the phone off afterwards everytime, when he tried to acces MBB's voicemail and failed it gave a ping.. I don't think he turns the known victims phones on and spends time going through them anymore, it's too risky for him to do so.. Because it's definitely something they'd keep paying attention to.

I'm sure tho that if he succeeded in checking MBB's voicemail he would have contacted her relatives also. And if Amber had taken a phone with her he would have done the same. The two victims who we know had their phones on them he contacted their relatives or atleast attempted.

I wonder however whether there's cases of missing people on their radar where the families received weird calls or whatever AFTER 2010/2011.

You wrote:

"When he called MB's sister he turned the phone off afterwards everytime"

Could you please share a link to where you got that information?

There is a car show less then 4 miles from the Holiday Express. I have to find out how many times a year this car show is held there.

Could you possibly share the name of the car show or the organization that runs it? Thanks.

"The caller ID indicated the call came from Melissa's cellphone. The man who sounded like an "older white guy" wanted to know if the person on the line was Melissa's little sister. "The whole year I continued to pay for the phone bill," Melissa's mother, Lynn, told The Daily Beast. "It was only turned on when the guy would turn it on, when he made the phone calls. He would only keep it on for three minutes."

The police traced the calls to cellular towers in Times Square and Madison Square Garden, but got nowhere. Lynn said they received five more calls, the last one on August 26, 2009. "The last call, he said he killed her," then hung up. Investigators also discovered that a call made to Barthelemy's voicemail the day she vanished came from Massapequa, a Long Island town about 20 miles from where her body was later discovered."

That would mean he only turned the phone on to make those calls and turn it off after he was done right? Or did I get that wrong?

I've always thought that no matter where Megan headed towards, the plan was to immediately after go back to the hotel. I personally believe she went outside to meet the client to then go back inside with him, according to her mom who says she feared the dark and wouldn't just wander around in it all by herself he must have been nearby the entrance? Unless ofcourse she was in fact familiar with him, as in that he was a regular of hers. I wonder whether this guy has been outside for a while and saw her leave with Akeem and come back all by herself and then saw 'the oppurtonity' and 'lured' her outside in one way or another. Knowing that she was all by herself and her 'protection' didn't come back with her.

Because this guy most likely doesn't kill every girl he goes out with, that's impossible. It obviously must feel safe for him to do so.. And ofcourse we don't know how frequently this guy goes out with girls but since he offered Amber $1500, Melissa had a date lined up for $1000 he must have a decent income if he's able to pay these girls this kind of money because imagine if things were to go a bit differently, like imagine if DS walked Amber all the way to where the client was parked and saw the guy and the car she left with that night and the killer knew that DS had seen him and his vehicle, I'd say he wouldn't have killed Amber right? So in the end he'd have to pay her $1500. So it must be money he can actually miss.

I think this guy does it more often and obviously doesn't kill all but whenever he feels comfortable to do so, when he's sure nobody has seen him and nothing will lead to him and everything sort of falls in place he will.. Because I'm sure his goal pretty much always is to kill and he'll always try and create the situation/scenario in which is able to.

I hope this made sense lol.

Well when you think about it. When a girl post an ad she will give a picture sometimes. A name and a number. So all this guy has to do is call and set up a date, not show up, then sit and wait for his moment to grab them.

Of course LE isn't going to tell us who the last phone calls on their phones were traced to so we don't know if he was even the last person to call the girls.

Ambers house address was on the web for everyone to see. What if her last john wasn't even the sk? What if was waiting for her on the street where she lived? It was a dark street at night. She could of been on her way home.

MBB how was she taken? I believe she was on her way home and had no plans at all to take another call. From what I understand she was last seen in a public place. So how did he get her? I think he was stalking her and waited for the perfect moment.

I think MBB tells us a lot.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Could you possibly share the name of the car show or the organization that runs it? Thanks.

I'm waiting for the answer from my Grandson. As soon as I hear from him I post it.

Well when you think about it. When a girl post an ad she will give a picture sometimes. A name and a number. So all this guy has to do is call and set up a date, not show up, then sit and wait for his moment to grab them.

Of course LE isn't going to tell us who the last phone calls on their phones were traced to so we don't know if he was even the last person to call the girls.

Ambers house address was on the web for everyone to see. What if her last john wasn't even the sk? What if was waiting for her on the street where she lived? It was a dark street at night. She could of been on her way home.

MBB how was she taken? I believe she was on her way home and had no plans at all to take another call. From what I understand she was last seen in a public place. So how did he get her? I think he was stalking her and waited for the perfect moment.

I think MBB tells us a lot.

Because Amber agreed on staying the night with the guy she called several times throughout that day and who called her one last time to say he was there, she was supposed to be home in the morning 7/8AM is I'm correct.

I'll share with you what I think about MBB. MBB went to New York with a goal, she wanted to make a certain amount of money. She desperately needed this money, she faced eviction court and what not. She went there with others but decided to stay behind when the rest travelled back home. She was then robbed off all her earnings, by a guy who by that point must have known she was alone.. So she lost all the money she needed so badly and basically had to go home empty handed.

What I think happened is that she at some point called her sister, her brother asking to come pick her up.. They didn't and she told them she had enoug money to get on the train and get home that way..

I BELIEVE that in the time inbetween her telling her sister she would take the train home and actually doing so there were still men contacting her through her ad and I think that one of these obviously must have been the guy who ended up taking her life, probably offering a decent amount of money, like with all others $1000+ and that Maureen had a hard time not agreeing to it, since she lost ALL her earnings that day, that she NEEDED BADLY.. I think this made her agree, in an effort to make a portion of the goal she had set when she travelled to New York and even went -out of her way- for this guy. I think Lost Girls stated that Maureen never did outcalls, and certainly not outcalls to LI.. I think she went out of her way for this guy, who offered a certain amount of money that was VERY interesting to Maureen since she lost everything and had a chance to make a portion of it and decided to head out to LI someplace. The money might even have clouded her judgement as well since she must have been very desperate at that point knowing she had to go back home without anything, facing the possibility of becoming homeless the next day.

This is what I think. I'd be interested as to what you all think of it.

I found it TobyTera

AHRC Suffolk's 4th Annual Car Show Fundraiser Will Take Place On Sunday, May 18th At AHRC Suffolk, 2900 Veterans Memorial Highway, Bohemia From 8:30am – 2:30pm. Don't Miss Out! There Will Be Raffles, Trophies, Food And Refreshments. All Makes, Models And Clubs Are Welcome. Admission Is Free For Spectators, And $20 Per Show Vehicle. To Register, Call 631-585-0100.

http://www.lifeonlongisland.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=events.bycategory&ECID=39

I found it TobyTera

AHRC Suffolk's 4th Annual Car Show Fundraiser Will Take Place On Sunday, May 18th At AHRC Suffolk, 2900 Veterans Memorial Highway, Bohemia From 8:30am – 2:30pm. Don't Miss Out! There Will Be Raffles, Trophies, Food And Refreshments. All Makes, Models And Clubs Are Welcome. Admission Is Free For Spectators, And $20 Per Show Vehicle. To Register, Call 631-585-0100.

May 18th? I wonder if its the same date each year and what date this would of been held in 2010.

Does anyone have a link where I can watch the Dark Minds episode? I tried the ones already provided, no luck.

I found it TobyTera

I'm thinking TobyTera was asking about the Captree and Oak Beach shows. Those are listed on www.longislandcollectorcars.com - Not sure if this is the actual 'organizer' of these meets.

I'll share with you what I think about MBB. MBB went to New York with a goal, she wanted to make a certain amount of money. She desperately needed this money, she faced eviction court and what not. She went there with others but decided to stay behind when the rest travelled back home. She was then robbed off all her earnings, by a guy who by that point must have known she was alone.. So she lost all the money she needed so badly and basically had to go home empty handed.

What I think happened is that she at some point called her sister, her brother asking to come pick her up.. They didn't and she told them she had enoug money to get on the train and get home that way..

I BELIEVE that in the time inbetween her telling her sister she would take the train home and actually doing so there were still men contacting her through her ad and I think that one of these obviously must have been the guy who ended up taking her life, probably offering a decent amount of money, like with all others $1000+ and that Maureen had a hard time not agreeing to it, since she lost ALL her earnings that day, that she NEEDED BADLY.. I think this made her agree, in an effort to make a portion of the goal she had set when she travelled to New York and even went -out of her way- for this guy. I think Lost Girls stated that Maureen never did outcalls, and certainly not outcalls to LI.. I think she went out of her way for this guy, who offered a certain amount of money that was VERY interesting to Maureen since she lost everything and had a chance to make a portion of it and decided to head out to LI someplace. The money might even have clouded her judgement as well since she must have been very desperate at that point knowing she had to go back home without anything, facing the possibility of becoming homeless the next day.

This is what I think. I'd be interested as to what you all think of it.

My thing is that I tend to always take what the family says to be more accurate then a few details we might know. They would know the little things kinda like Megan's mom knows Megan left with her cell phone and that she was scared of the dark.

And in MBB thread her sister talks about her being robbed and other things. And according to her sister MBB was robbed way way earlier in the day and had made that money back. So I tend to go off what family says about little things like that.

So I don't think she took one last call. I think she was tired. I think she wouldn't of done an out call. I think she honestly at this point just wanted to go home.

My thing is that I tend to always take what the family says to be more accurate then a few details we might know. They would know the little things kinda like Megan's mom knows Megan left with her cell phone and that she was scared of the dark.

And in MBB thread her sister talks about her being robbed and other things. And according to her sister MBB was robbed way way earlier in the day and had made that money back. So I tend to go off what family says about little things like that.

So I don't think she took one last call. I think she was tired. I think she wouldn't of done an out call. I think she honestly at this point just wanted to go home.

Is her sister still active on here? Lost Girls said she was robbed for $5000, her goal was something along that number, I'm unsure if her goal was even higher but how would she have made $5000 back in one day time which made over the entire period she was there??

Is her sister still active on here? Lost Girls said she was robbed for $5000, her goal was something along that number, I'm unsure if her goal was even higher but how would she have made $5000 back in one day time which made over the entire period she was there??

I don't know if she still reads or not. Haven't ever seen her post sense I've been here. She use to post before I was ever a member and this form wasn't privet.

5,000 seems so high. I mean I don't doubt that was her goal but I dont think she needed all that for rent. Unless if it was to pay rent for a few months in advance. So maybe she just made back her rent money and said screw it.

I don't think the killer really has any intention of ever paying the girls. The promise of a lot of money upwards of $1000 is a lure. Whether he follows through with the kill or not, I don't think he ever pays therefore doesn't necessarily have to be a wealthy person. Keep in mind girls get robbed by John's all the time who never pay for a service, even if it's a simple $20 service. For this exact reason that's why a lot of girls feel safer with a pimp. He lures the girls and either follows through with the kill or not, but I don't think the money is relevant other than to say he always promises them the same amount. But even that I think is just him being a creature of habit and spewing the same line to them all. He has to get them somehow out of their comfort zones. He's got girls who don't do outcalls like Amber doing them, if he's the guy Johnny Terry said Melissa was seeing the night before her client on Long Island then he's got Melissa traveling all the way from the Bronx to Long Island, and if Shannan is one of his kills then he had her a long way from home too. I think it's clear his bottom line motive is, these girls will show up for a lot of cash, he promises it, they are vulnerable out of their element, he kills.

I know Jessica Taylor was last seen at the bus or train station (I will go back and look for the exact location later when I have time with a link but I don't have time right this second)...my point is, Jessica Taylor is suspected to have been snatched from the street. I think MBB being the first of the GB4 in 2007 it's likely he was still street watching/stalking and then snatching.

I don't know if she still reads or not. Haven't ever seen her post sense I've been here. She use to post before I was ever a member and this form wasn't privet.

5,000 seems so high. I mean I don't doubt that was her goal but I dont think she needed all that for rent. Unless if it was to pay rent for a few months in advance. So maybe she just made back her rent money and said screw it.

Sorry for quoting Lost Girls so often btw lol but Lost Girls says:

That on July 9, 2007. They were thinking of changing plans and staying another day. The three others she was with left but Maureen stayed behind because an extra night would give Maureen more time to make the money she needed (it sounds as if she really needed that kind of money. Not less- atleast to me it comes across like that.) That's why I think that an offer of a lot of money would have made her you know, bite. Because it seems she really needed THAT kinda money and less would have never been good enough.

But you might be entirely right tho. It'd be interesting to be able to talk with her sister about this.

PickleChris and Trigger, thanks for all the links. I'm going to look further into them both and see if I can find any connection. I have a theory on the dates he's been using and want to see if the car shows fit into that before I mention it here.

I don't think the killer really has any intention of ever paying the girls. The promise of a lot of money upwards of $1000 is a lure. Whether he follows through with the kill or not, I don't think he ever pays therefore doesn't necessarily have to be a wealthy person. Keep in mind girls get robbed by John's all the time who never pay for a service, even if it's a simple $20 service. For this exact reason that's why a lot of girls feel safer with a pimp. He lures the girls and either follows through with the kill or not, but I don't think the money is relevant other than to say he always promises them the same amount. But even that I think is just him being a creature of habit and spewing the same line to them all. He has to get them somehow out of their comfort zones. He's got girls who don't do outcalls like Amber doing them, if he's the guy Johnny Terry said Melissa was seeing the night before her client on Long Island then he's got Melissa traveling all the way from the Bronx to Long Island, and if Shannan is one of his kills then he had her a long way from home too. I think it's clear his bottom line motive is, these girls will show up for a lot of cash, he promises it, they are vulnerable out of their element, he kills.

I know Jessica Taylor was last seen at the bus or train station (I will go back and look for the exact location later when I have time with a link but I don't have time right this second)...my point is, Jessica Taylor is suspected to have been snatched from the street. I think MBB being the first of the GB4 in 2007 it's likely he was still street watching/stalking and then snatching.

Jessica Taylor was last seen "working" at Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan the week before her partial remains were found. It's just the last sighting of her, nobody knows the precise day it must have happened and where either right? It doesn't necesarrily mean she met her killer there.

There's a lot of possibilities as to how but I personally don't believe this is a guy who snatches them off the street. I think there is a 'meeting' of some sorts before he 'strikes'.

You know what's funny is that JB promised SG a good amount of money then never played her. And then she went screaming from his house that he was trying to kill her...idk just sayin

You know what's funny is that JB promised SG a good amount of money then never played her. And then she went screaming from his house that he was trying to kill her...idk just sayin

Many theories surrounding that, I don't think anybody will ever know what really happened inside and outside the house but who's to say Michael Pak didn't collect the money and just nobody knows. Pak's been inside, maybe he collected the money but it has never been brought up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back