Dark Minds Episode on the LISK airing 4/23

There's one in the parking lot of the shopping center where the McDonald's, Bob's, Quiznos, West Marine, etc is in West Islip almost every Saturday night in the summer. That would probably be the closest to Gilgo ... right off Robert Moses and all.

I'm going to contact a few people regarding the local car shows (aside from Belmont) to see if they've seen the dolls at any in the past few years. I know a ton of people all over the island who regularly attend.

Great idea. I think that the LISK is a man who saw the dolls at car shows. As a woman, I would be most likely to know them from craft shows, and I doubt the LISK frequents craft shows. I think he is into the subculture of cars and somehow came across the time out dolls. I find it interesting that one POI is a mechanic and the dolls at car shows are made to look like little mechanics.

I'm also very curious about the Bellmore shows, they're at least once weekly from what, April-September/October at the train station! Which for anyone who is not local, Bellmore is so so so close to both the Wantagh Parkway AND the Meadowbrook Parkway (can enter via Sunrise Highway where the train stations run along, or also from Merrick Road, for both!) and both run South down to Ocean Parkway for a fairly quick trip!

If on Sunrise Highway at the Bellmore train station, I'll also add, you're very close to Massapequa...

I'm also very curious about the Bellmore shows, they're at least once weekly from what, April-September/October at the train station! Which for anyone who is not local, Bellmore is so so so close to both the Wantagh Parkway AND the Meadowbrook Parkway (can enter via Sunrise Highway where the train stations run along, or also from Merrick Road, for both!) and both run South down to Ocean Parkway for a fairly quick trip!

If on Sunrise Highway at the Bellmore train station, I'll also add, you're very close to Massapequa...

Thanks for putting those locations together <modsnip>. I am not a local and I had pieced those locations together on google maps, but I didn't know if my map made sense. Your description fits with what I've been thinking about that area. I will post some of my maps later tonight.

4 years ago today, Shannan disappeared.

I was out and about on the south part of the Meadowbrook Parkway (which connects further south) earlier today, though I wasn't along the long stretch of Ocean Parkway. I feel like I should have driven futher.

4 years, guys.

For some of the other girls, it's been MUCH longer. One of them from 1996. It would be nice to solve this before it's been 20 years for this poor girl.
Figuring out who she is, would be a plus. At least send her HOME where she belongs.
This case is so frustrating.

I know it's off topic a bit. (but not really)
Is there a section on Websleuths for the case covered last night on Dark Minds? I've searched but can't seem to find one. That is a fascinating case and that guy is a real creep. I've tried searching the girl's names individually also, and can't find any of them.

For some of the other girls, it's been MUCH longer. One of them from 1996. It would be nice to solve this before it's been 20 years for this poor girl.
Figuring out who she is, would be a plus. At least send her HOME where she belongs.
This case is so frustrating.

I know it's off topic a bit. (but not really)
Is there a section on Websleuths for the case covered last night on Dark Minds? I've searched but can't seem to find one. That is a fascinating case and that guy is a real creep. I've tried searching the girl's names individually also, and can't find any of them.

Which case did they do a show on last night?

They profiled some cases out of Aurora CO.

This guy targeted very young women, one was only 15. He left them posed on the side of the road, chased one with his car. Horrific. Just an evil man. I hope he's rotting in hell since these cases were a while ago. I was surprised to not find a discussion about the case on this site.
Which case did they do a show on last night?

There's one in the parking lot of the shopping center where the McDonald's, Bob's, Quiznos, West Marine, etc is in West Islip almost every Saturday night in the summer. That would probably be the closest to Gilgo ... right off Robert Moses and all.

Interesting. I wonder who puts it out there and where he/she acquired it.

If you would like to add youself as an expert in a certain field or as an insider to a case, please send an email to wsverify@xmission.com.

If you do not wish to be identified as an insider, we ask that you refrain from posting confidential, inside information.

[snip]

We only verify people who know the players or have been named in the media, etc. This does not include people who may befriend a player on internet social media and then wish to post about it.

If a member wants to post as a professional (a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email.

wsverify@xmission.com

Please include:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name
Location (City and State)
In the subject line please put your user name and which case you are asking to be verified on

All info will be kept strictly confidential.

Can anyone tell me what the numbers mean on some of the girls crosses?

Can anyone tell me what the numbers mean on some of the girls crosses?

I wish I could tell you. I had no idea that there were numbers on the crosses. Who put the crosses there? Was it family? That is puzzling! What numbers do you see? You said some, not all? Who had numbers and who didn't?

Forgive me my eyesight isn't the greatest!

I think the families did. Sorry don't know how to post the pictures but if you go back a few pages someone posted pictures of the sites with the dolls placed at each site. Megan and Maureen's crosses have numbers on them. Melissa's cross has no numbers. Amber's may or may not have numbers - the picture angle and doll placement covers the front of the cross. I am curious to what these numbers mean....

I think the families did. Sorry don't know how to post the pictures but if you go back a few pages someone posted pictures of the sites with the dolls placed at each site. Megan and Maureen's crosses have numbers on them. Melissa's cross has no numbers. Amber's may or may not have numbers - the picture angle and doll placement covers the front of the cross. I am curious to what these numbers mean....

Probably date of birth and date of death. Maybe the person placing the crosses did not know Amber and Melissa's birth dates.

Thanks Redbird....yes I just checked Megan's birthdate. Sorry was having a blonde moment - should have checked that first!.

So the main thing to come from this show "That was new news" is the inclusion of the dolls being placed at the crosses and an individual stating she/he saw the exact dolls at a Mechanics house. The same mechanic moved his business shortly after the discovery of the girls bodies...and the same person stated that the mechanics behaviour changed around the same time.....I'm confused why this information is not being discussed a little more on this thread....have people dismissed it as being unimportant? or unrelated?

i paid 2 bucks to watch it on Amazon.. it's really not worth it, they get a lot of basic information wrong, and no really new information aside from what's already been mentioned in this thread about the mechanic and the dolls.. and the host is uber-annoying.

i paid 2 bucks to watch it on Amazon.. it's really not worth it, they get a lot of basic information wrong, and no really new information aside from what's already been mentioned in this thread about the mechanic and the dolls.. and the host is uber-annoying.

Lol! Thank you! I appreciate that info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back