darlie routier-family dog

Jennifer king

Reaction score
this was taken from darlies last defense website in the timeline thumbnail...

"6:09 am: Officer David Mayne and Sgt. Walling accompany neighbor Karen Neal into the house to retrieve the Routier family’s dog."

ive not heard any mention of the dog. was the dog in the house? was the dog tested? id have expected to hear something from a family animal with all the noise and screaming on the 911 call

Yes, the dog was in the house, upstairs. He was a small dog, either a Pomeranian or a mixed breed of that.

Apparently he spent a lot of time upstairs, sort of had the run of the place. He also had to be carried downstairs.

I'm not sure what you mean by tested, though if you thought the dog was downstairs you probably mean in relation to blood, etc?

Yes, the dog was in the house, upstairs. He was a small dog, either a Pomeranian or a mixed breed of that.

Apparently he spent a lot of time upstairs, sort of had the run of the place. He also had to be carried downstairs.

I'm not sure what you mean by tested, though if you thought the dog was downstairs you probably mean in relation to blood, etc?

yes, im sorry i wasnt very clear on that. yes tested as far as DNA and blood evidence. thank you! its helped me with a few lingering questions.

yes, im sorry i wasnt very clear on that. yes tested as far as DNA and blood evidence. thank you! its helped me with a few lingering questions.
Yw.

They also had a big cat in a cage in the living room. Darin himself said it was a mad, crazy, thing. James Cron got the fright of his life when he went over to the couch as the cat started bouncing off the walls of the cage, hissing ... I'm sure he said screaming though that may have been Darin .... and generally going nuts. Imagine what that cat witnessed. If only animals could talk, eh.

oh goodness, only if animals could talk. as far as DNA am i incorrect in that it was devins blood on the sock? i dont know why i thought the dog was important. you know dogs bark or attack, carry socks off down the alley. knowing the living situation upstairs or rather the time the dog spent upstairs answered even more questions for me. one day im like nope, i dont think she did it. one day shes quilty quilty quilty. not sure the evidence really proved she did it but whom am i? ive spent my whole life in the inside of a court room, people dont really understand how it should work, nor how it works. the judical system...... sigh

Can anyone give me a quick, thumbnail update on the Darlie Routier case? I'm totally open to either a case for innocence or a case for guilt. I'm aware of the main points of evidence as presented by the State in court, as well as some of the objections to the validity of that evidence. Anything new? Also, is there a concise summary anywhere of the pros and cons?

oh goodness, only if animals could talk. as far as DNA am i incorrect in that it was devins blood on the sock? i dont know why i thought the dog was important. you know dogs bark or attack, carry socks off down the alley. knowing the living situation upstairs or rather the time the dog spent upstairs answered even more questions for me. one day im like nope, i dont think she did it. one day shes quilty quilty quilty. not sure the evidence really proved she did it but whom am i? ive spent my whole life in the inside of a court room, people dont really understand how it should work, nor how it works. the judical system...... sigh

I had a small pom chi for 22 years and that baby was holy terrified when someone came over and usually hid in the closet most of the time ! so there is that

Can anyone give me a quick, thumbnail update on the Darlie Routier case? I'm totally open to either a case for innocence or a case for guilt. I'm aware of the main points of evidence as presented by the State in court, as well as some of the objections to the validity of that evidence. Anything new? Also, is there a concise summary anywhere of the pros and cons?

i watched the new series on netflex it seemed to me to re tell alot of the same information except really break it down. i have been a paralegal for over 20years and although i feel she IS GUILTY i do not believe in the trial and certainly the county in texas was a fair trial.

Darin's answer to the dog not reacting is that it was upstairs asleep on a huge pillow.

Also, they had a kitten in the living room. Darin and Darlie both testified that Damon was sleeping with it on the floor. So I guess that means they had two cats.

apparently the dog barked at strangers, it went nuts on the cops when they went upstairs so they had to get the neighbour to take it out.

There's Mary's website, don't know if that's what your looking for but here's the link

Darlie Routier Fact and Fiction – Separating truth from lies about the Darlie Routier trial.

apparently the dog barked at strangers, it went nuts on the cops when they went upstairs so they had to get the neighbour to take it out.
You know what's weird? I see reports about the dog acting out, but I don't see that in the testimony of the two cops who went upstairs. They don't even mention seeing the dog. Unless I somehow missed it. Maybe the dog spazzed on the cops in the daytime? I haven't read every single cop's testimony yet. Just the two first responding.

You know what's weird? I see reports about the dog acting out, but I don't see that in the testimony of the two cops who went upstairs. They don't even mention seeing the dog. Unless I somehow missed it. Maybe the dog spazzed on the cops in the daytime? I haven't read every single cop's testimony yet. Just the two first responding.

Officer Walling the second officer at the scene testified about the dog.

10 Q. When you went into the house there, 11 Officer, a little after 6:00 a.m., did anyone go into the 12 house with you?
13 A. Yes, sir. On my initial entry into 14 the house the Routiers had a dog, a small dog, and we 15 were concerned about it and wanted to get it out of the 16 house. It was upstairs, along the upstairs railing, and 17 it was barking. I entered the house, Officer David 18 Mayne, a crime scene officer, entered the house, and a 19 neighbor -- I believe her name was Karen Neal -- entered 20 the house. 21 Myself and Mrs. Neal went up the 22 stairs and she picked up the dog and brought it out. She 23 exited the house.

Right. What I meant to say is that they do not say anything about the dog at 240am when they first go upstairs. I don't even think they mentioned either cat in the den, either. Wait. One might have mentioned a cat in a cage, but what about the kitten Damon slept with?

Waddell says they found a baby up there. When asked if there was anything else unusual to be found, he said no. I would think if a dog was barking and trying to jump him, that would be the time to mention it.

Walling doesn't mention a dog until 6am like you said, but he also was upstairs around 240am. No mention of the dog at that time. Just Drake.

We supposedly hear a dog bark on the 911 tape, but this dog couldn't have been a threat to the police or barking like he was scared while they were there because they do not remark upon it in their testimonies.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back