Darlie Routier on Death Row

My opinion on the sock, and its just my opinion....
I think she used the sock to stab the boys, then ran it down the alley to get rid of it ( I dont think she thought they would actually look that far down the alley for any evidence, if she was planting it I think she would have done it closer to the house), then decided to cut herself ( I dont think this was planned in the beginning ) and realized Damon was still alive and had to stab him the second time.

Like I said, its just my opinion.

Logically speaking, as reported in the book, in the hospital Darlie expressed concern that she might be scarred for life.

Why would she drastically cut herself in such a fashion if so worried about a scar, that makes no sense.

Logically speaking, as reported in the book, in the hospital Darlie expressed concern that she might be scarred for life.

Why would she drastically cut herself in such a fashion if so worried about a scar, that makes no sense.

That is one of the things about Darlie I never could understand. Why would someone like Darlie who was so concerned about how she looked slash her neck like she did. Darlie seemed to really care about how she looked since she had the boob job and would wear so much make-up. The only thing I could figure out was that Darlie really did mean to kill herself after she killed the boys but she chickened out at the last minute.

That is one of the things about Darlie I never could understand. Why would someone like Darlie who was so concerned about how she looked slash her neck like she did.

Darlie seemed to really care about how she looked since she had the boob job and would wear so much make-up.

The only thing I could figure out was that Darlie really did mean to kill herself after she killed the boys but she chickened out at the last minute.

personally, I can't see it. Usually the mo is to take pills to kill yourself, and not be mutilating your body even in death if you are that concerned for the looks.

She was stuck on her looks, her jewelry, her materialistic life as was Darin her husband was likewise, who said to the police in the patrol car, "did you see my wife she's a looker, did you see her boob job" after just witnessing the death of his two children.

There isn't any doubt in my mind, their value system is very skewed, and either one would have been easy to target from a jury's point of view for bad behavior unbecoming a parent.

But Darlie was chosen for that role.

How about the black car seen twice by witnesses outside the house?

Anyone else know about this?

It's far easier (less work) to go after what's at hand, namely the parents just like in the missing child now in Tucson, look at the parents or the home first and not even looking much outside of them.

The case of Isabelle Celis (her father SC) and mother (RC)

Who went over the border looking for little Isa? I haven't heard of any money or manpower doing this.

Sometimes, it's a slam-dunk for the police detective, imo or at least a District Attorney to go with the flow, of what's easy and at hand.

Too many unanswered questions in this case.

How many knife suicides are there we have heard of , people killing themselves this way other then Hari-Kari in Japan

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Harikari

This is serious, we are talking about taking a woman's life on Death Row in Texas. Every answer should be answered in a logical fashion.(IMO)

Yes, I know all about Doug Mulder. He didn't prosecute Darlie, Greg Davis did. Until someone can point out the malfeasance by Davis, there is none in my opinion.

Yes, Darlie is guilty very guilty of killing her boys. God Bless you little boys, today is 16 years since you lost your lives at your mother's evil hands.

I know Greg Davis was the lead prosecutor. I was pointing out that claiming malfeasance made me laugh since Darlie's own attorney was guilty of doing just that when he was a Dallas DA.

Darin just wanted to move on after 15 years and no resolution. I think he knew Darlie is not coming home.

There was no glove, it was a sock. The sock was from the Routier home. The sock contained five blood spots of both boys and Darlie's dna from shed skin cells in the toe.

There were no breakins close to the home. The break ins were in Dallas, 12 miles away from Rowlett.

The 75 yards where the sock was found was three houses away from the Routiers. I wonder why none of Darlie's blood was on the sock, just the boys. If she was stabbed last as she claims, why none of her blood?

Frankly, the Justice System doesn't care what Barb Davis has to say. She explained fully in her book the bruises to Darlie's arms and how she believed she got those bruises. Then changes her mind and says she didn't see the photos of the bruises and claims the state's case was immersed in prosecutor malfeasance, coverups etc. Well what are they? She has never gone on to explain what these cover ups and malfeasance are. She has never gone to the media, never gone to anyone but the public with this claim.

She refers to the book Media Tried, Justice Denied, as explanation of all the cover-ups, etc., apparently, rather than listing it all in her official statement.

I read the book she now renounces and have not read Christopher Brown's book or any others that proclaim Darlie's innocence. But, I have heard things here and there, many debated on these threads, that give me pause.

When it comes to the death penalty, I just think we need to be extra careful. I am open to her innocence but not convinced either way. I'd like to hear more, not just people repeating over and over again that she is guilty.

Charles Stuart? Jeff MacDonald? Diane Downs? Why did they all self injure? to make it appear they were victims and not involved in the crime. And that's exactly what Darlie did. You'd do anything to make it look like you're not involved. With her adreline running she probably only felt that knife when it went too deep, she flinched, knife bounces and cuts her shoulder.

That is one of the things about Darlie I never could understand. Why would someone like Darlie who was so concerned about how she looked slash her neck like she did.

personally, I can't see it. Usually the mo is to take pills to kill yourself, and not be mutilating your body even in death if you are that concerned for the looks.

She was stuck on her looks, her jewelry, her materialistic life as was Darin her husband was likewise, who said to the police in the patrol car, "did you see my wife she's a looker, did you see her boob job" after just witnessing the death of his two children.

There isn't any doubt in my mind, their value system is very skewed, and either one would have been easy to target from a jury's point of view for bad behavior unbecoming a parent.

But Darlie was chosen for that role.

It's far easier (less work) to go after what's at hand, namely the parents just like in the missing child now in Tucson, look at the parents or the home first and not even looking much outside of them.

The case of Isabelle Celis (her father SC) and mother (RC)

Who went over the border looking for little Isa? I haven't heard of any money or manpower doing this.

Sometimes, it's a slam-dunk for the police detective, imo or at least a District Attorney to go with the flow, of what's easy and at hand.

Too many unanswered questions in this case.

How many knife suicides are there we have heard of , people killing themselves this way other then Hari-Kari in Japan

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Harikari

This is serious, we are talking about taking a woman's life on Death Row in Texas. Every answer should be answered in a logical fashion.(IMO)

Good Heavens, it's evidence dear, evidence that proves Darlie brutally killed those children....blood evidence does not lie, doesn't have a stake in the trial, it's not pro or con.....and it all points to Darlie as the killer. That's what was presented to the jury at trial and they convicted. They didn't convict her because she had a boob job, they convicted because her son's blood is all over her nightshirt in cast-off patterns. They convicted her because there is not one, absolutely not one shred of evidence an intruder was in that home. they convicted her because she cleaned that sink and the surrounding counters of blood, they convicted her because bloody footprints had been wiped up, bloody handprints of the boys wiped up. What killer hangs around cleaning up blood before he leaves?

We are talking about two innocent children brutally slain whilst asleep in their own home. God Bless you little boys.

She refers to the book Media Tried, Justice Denied, as explanation of all the cover-ups, etc., apparently, rather than listing it all in her official statement.

I read the book she now renounces and have not read Christopher Brown's book or any others that proclaim Darlie's innocence. But, I have heard things here and there, many debated on these threads, that give me pause.

When it comes to the death penalty, I just think we need to be extra careful. I am open to her innocence but not convinced either way. I'd like to hear more, not just people repeating over and over again that she is guilty.

MTJD, LOL, is not a book really. It's just a bunch of media articles the author took red pen too and thinks he knows more than the law and the media. CWB is nothing okay, he's not a homicide detective, he's not a CS tech or a CS anaylst, he's not a blood expert, he's not an FBI expert.

What is valuable in the book is the crime scene photos.

the trial transcripts are the only true source of the this crime. That's where the truth can be found. All you have to do is read them.

Yeah there was a black seen riding by the Routiers house. There was a black car seen riding slowly by the Routier house. There was a black car seen by the woman doing laundry with Darlie the day of the murders. She looked out the back door and saw a black car.

That's what is known about the black car.

I'm trying to make you understand that the state does not care what anyone writes in a book. No one cares that Barb Davis changed her mind and let herself be manipulated by Chris Brown. No one cares that Chris Brown took media articles and put them in a book he self published. None of that makes DArlie guilty or innocent. None of that is or was part of Darlie's trial or her appeals. It's only a big deal to Darlie's family.

If they want to bandy about prosecutor malfeasance, cover ups, etc. why haven't they done something about it? Neither of them has gone to the good old media and claimed these things. What are they? What did the prosecutor do? What was covered up? I'd sure like to know so I wish one of them CB or BD would let us know what they are. After all 16 years have gone by now and they are keeping this to themselves. What are they waiting for? A new book?

I recall seeing jurors on TV, saying in an interview, AFTER being shown photographs of the brusies and cuts on her body, saying, "Had we seen those photos, we would not have convincted her! " Of course they were talking about a series of photographs, withheld, (one of which you can see on the below link posted)

For some reason, they were not shown to the jury.

Also:

Although I have no idea if she did this horrid crime or not, there is more then enough reasonable doubt to wonder aloud and for the jury to consider even after the fact as some have as well.

As to her strange behavior said by many to have convicted her (the silly string video?) Well, how strange is her sister, her husband (talking about his wife's breasts, to the police in the squad car, knowing his one son was dead and the other just about dead?)
Was that not strange, and did he then play a role? There is a world full of questionable strange people who occupy it, but that doesn't mean they kill their children either.

About the only thing i agree with on the last 3 posts as replies by cami, is that the average killer who is a stranger does not stop to clean up their mess or the blood after killing.

However, I have heard of cases too, where this has occurred, (taking showers, etc before departing the scene) even the horrendous killings in Ocean City Md. of a 2 young professionals who partied with 2 sickos, who slaughtered them and "cleaned up the mess" before putting the cut up bodies in trash bags in the parents expensive condo that weekend.

So it does of course happen.

No, I'm not convinced by a long shot that Darlie herself, killed her two sons.
Certainly not for the Death Penalty!

And as far as I recall from two of the cases mentioned above, both Diane Downs and the case of Jeffrey McDonald, I do not recall them having anything other then very superficial wounds, looking NOTHING like life threatening, nor like Darlie's seen here:

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/

I found this very interesting tidbit on the older Jeffrey Mcdonald case wherein, he was convicted of murdering his wife Collette and his children the same night and of course, it's his own family who keeps the site going, just as with Diane Downs, it's her father keeping her site going. Many families cannot envision or want to believe their own did such dastardly deeds, and I can understand. However, when it comes to the Death Penalty, everything much be considered, every little nuance of a case.

Regarding Jeffrey MacDonald's wounds
Actually, I always thought the hippie group (the floppy hat hippie woman) did it, and she even confessed before she died as I recall.

But it was dismissed by the prosecutor and others, as the ravings of a drug hippie type of person, and not given an credance at all.

I always thought it was very possible that he had supplied this woman and her friends with drugs (he was a Medic or doctor) and that she had access to the house, but I still thought he was "part of the deal" between them, although I never believed he himself did the actual stabbings to his wife and child.

It's been quite a few years since I studied this case or read anything on it, so my memory may be faded, but that's what I recall vaguely, as I do think he had some connection to the hippie group afterall. Just as the woman said he did before she died.

from this site: http://www.themacdonaldcase.org/index.html

There has been much speculation regarding the extent of Jeff MacDonald's wounds, given that he survived the attacks, but his family did not. At trial, the government contended that Colette had caused all of the wounds except for one to his lung, which they said was self-inflicted.

The government contended that a surgeon would know how to injure himself "safely", and the seriousness of MacDonald's collapsed lung was minimized at trial. Five of the six doctors consulted at the Army Hearing (Article 32) testified that MacDonald could not have predicted the outcome of what they termed a very "serious" stab wound to the chest, which collapsed the lung by 40%. All agreed that the liver could have been damaged, with death resulting, and that even a doctor would not be able to predict the outcome of such a wound, should he inflict in on himself.

Interestingly, MacDonald's wounds were never photographed, while those his family suffered were rigorously documented. Womack Hospital photographer John McCaffrey waited for a request
to record MacDonald's wounds, but it never came. "Somebody goofed," he said.

However, eye witness accounts and medical records describe injuries to MacDonald that go far beyond those minimized by the prosecution.

I honestly don't think Darlie knew enough about anatomy, and the arteries that would have killed her, as her wounds likewise, were that severe as to possibly have even caused her death.

I wonder why none of Darlie's blood was on the sock, just the boys. If she was stabbed last as she claims, why none of her blood?

Did she have time to stab the children, run the sock up the street, run back and stab herself before calling 911?

In this order there wouldn't be her blood on the sock.

Did she have time to stab the children, run the sock up the street, run back and stab herself before calling 911?

In this order there wouldn't be her blood on the sock.

Perhaps.

And this is precisely WHY Darlie does not belong on Death Row,, nor should she receive the Death Penalty.

Too many unanswered questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz
Back