Darnay Hoffman Committed Suicide

Very suspicious indeed... Who chooses that method of suicide? That was the first thought I had.

Maybe one with a truly broken heart. He could have positioned it in front of his heart and then fallen on it.

How very sad for her. I hope she has good friends to see her thru this. And may God bless his soul. xox

Stabbing himself in the heart in Sidney's apartment appears to be very symbolic. It's hard to visualize how someone could do that.

Darnay posted for quite a while on jameson's forum. He was polite, could be sarcastic, somewhat humorous, and occasionally exasperating.....there was a likable quality about Darnay, even though he spent a lot of time and energy in the wrong direction. I don't believe he ever set foot in Boulder. I told him once he got his view of Boulder from Starbucks in Manhattan, and I didn't see how he could form opinions without ever having been there. I sent him a teeshirt from Leavenworth Prison,that had a picture of the prison on the front,and on the back it said "You can't be invited without being indicted." That was when the grand jury hearings were going on. He got a kick out of that. The Steinberg case seemed to have a lot of influence on him when it came to the Ramsey case, and I don't see any similarities in the least---and could never understand how he could support Steinberg.

I wondered what happened to him, because he just seemed to lose interest and dropped off the forums. I figured he had gone on to other things. It seemed like most of his life, he tried a lot of different things, but could never quite achieve true success.

He was quite handsome (and thinner) in his younger days. His mother was an actress on Broadway, and his dad I believe, a playwright.

I remember Jameson posting she had gone to NYC to meet Darnay, and although they were on opposite sides, I think she liked him. She met Sydney, and he was very gracious in sharing his information with her, and showing her around NYC.

I hope he found out now, that he was wrong....and may know now who really did it!

Very sad. I'm bothered that such a helpful man would be sitting in the morgue with no money to bury him. Hoping some of the folks he helped through the years step up now to help him.

A MESSAGE FROM CHRIS WOLF​

I would like to say that I really genuinely liked Darnay and, as I have told you before, that he really helped me a lot.

Darnay was always fun and interesting to talk to. And he did a lot to encourage me and ease my fears of being framed for the murder of a child when he was effectively the only one in the world who was doing that for me.

I wish I could have done something for him. I wish I would have kept in touch and that I would have known that I should try.

I will miss him.
--
Chris Wolf

I spoke with Darnay a few times on the phone. Always gracious, cute sense of humor and he knew the Ramsey case inside and out.

He really dropped the ball in Wolfe's case and now I wonder if it was mental illness, depression, that caused his inability to help Chris with his case.

Deep depression would explain every single thing IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back