Dateline NBC "The State of Wisconsin vs. Steven A. Avery" Friday Jan 29th 10 p.m ET

Discussion in 'Netflix Series: Making A Murderer' started by Coldpizza, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Coldpizza

Coldpizza WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

'Dateline' Special on 'Making a Murderer' Airs Friday on NBC

[​IMG]

NBC’s "Dateline" will dig deeper into the mystery of "Making a Murderer" in a one-hour special slated to air Friday.
    The one-hour special — entitled "The State of Wisconsin vs. Steven A. Avery" — examines the case of Avery, a Wisconsin resident who spent 18 years in prison for a rape he didn't commit and was later convicted of murdering 25-year-old photographer Teresa Halbach.

[...]

Friday's "Dateline" episode will feature a rare sit-down interview from 2005 with Penny Beerntsen, the victim of the sexual assault case for which Avery was wrongfully convicted.

SNEAK PEEK: The State of Wisconsin vs. Steven A. Avery

2. Loading...

3. TheDuchess

TheDuchess New Member

It will be interesting to see what Penny had to say in 2005. Right now she's been selling him up the river....AGAIN!!! I feel bad she was a victim, and perhaps the ordeal robbed her soul or something, but to trash this man because he had the nerve to ask for your help after you had him convicted of something he didn't do. You testified you would "never forget his face." Even though it was another man's face.

4. missy1974

missy1974 New Member

Is Kratz going to be on this show? LOL I don't know if I can listen to him. I might record it, that way I can fast forward through him :)

5. JoM7

JoM7 New Member

What do you all think of Jodi's interview on HLN? I apologize if this is discussed in another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. missy1974

missy1974 New Member

Kratz just said that her last call was in and around SA's, I wonder which call he is talking about? LOL in the trial he seemed to want to hide that 2:41 call.

7. dexter75

dexter75 New Member

:gaah::liar::drama::puke:

In a nutshell...

8. missy1974

missy1974 New Member

Watching this... Brendan's story still just breaks my heart :(

9. missy1974

missy1974 New Member

Zellner: When someone wants every possible test done that can be done to show their innocence, that's when you know they are innocent.

10. missy1974

missy1974 New Member

It was not the greatest show, no matter what side of the fence you are on. The only thing I heard from Buting that I hadn't heard before was that the evidence tape on the vial was missing and not there, it would normally seal the vial/stopper.

and ugggh I had to listen to Kratz! LOL He just creeps me out! He admits to being narcissistic, well.. he said he WAS, but he's a changed man. (uh huh, that's why you are writing a book and you still have your fb page open to the public LOL)

11. Sustained

Sustained Justice for Travis

The fact the evidence tape was broken on the container holding the blood tube is all I need to convince me that Avery's blood could have been drawn from the tube either by syringe or by opening the tube itself.

12. missy1974

missy1974 New Member

I totally agree Sustained. And Zellner seems to be pretty convinced that SA is innocent. I have wondered about SA's insistence.... and saying he wants everything and anything tested that can be tested.... would someone, anyone, say that if they were guilty? I guess some would. And like I said.... BD's case breaks my heart, he should be at home. I hope it doesn't take too long to get him out.

13. 1bratmom

1bratmom Member

I couldn't agree more. I don't know why he didn't get more of a segment. That's a lie I do, it isn't as sensational. More outrageous, IMO. Sadly he seems to be still an afterthought.

14. TheDuchess

TheDuchess New Member

Yep - Kratz still makes my skin crawl!

15. missy1974

missy1974 New Member

Since watching the documentary, I have since read articles from around 2010 when he resigned and what happened, the woman eventually sued and he settled out of court. He totally creeps me out now, even more so than before LOL

16. TheDuchess

TheDuchess New Member

Honestly! Can you imagine that poor woman?!? Victimized for years and finally has the courage to stand up to him only to go through this with the man who is supposed to be helping you??? I bet the poor woman had nightmares and I bet her skin crawls every time she sees his face on TV. Yeah - he's a real PRIZE! :sick:

17. Safeguard

Safeguard Active Member

He's guilty. Sure he is. Don't look too closely at all that, 'other stuff' . I mean all the jury people an courts said he's guilty, the bones are there, in his yard, she went there, so he's guilty. Of course he is... just look at him! (and only him. /s