David Bowie, 69, has died of cancer, Jan 2016

David Bowie's million dollar nanny: Star's gift to son's 'second mother' and his close confidant of 40 years in £70m will

David Bowie leaves $1million to Scottish nanny Marion Skene

She worked for the singer for 40 years and became his 'best friend'

His son Duncan 'Zowie' Jones said he 'considered Skene as his mother'

Rock star left half his £70m estate to widow Iman after death from cancer

The remainder of the money will be divided between Bowie's children, 15-year-old Alexandria 'Lexi' Zahra Jones, and 44-year-old Jones

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-s-second-mother-70m-will.html#ixzz3ymH9rheu

Everybody who knows me messaged me when this happened. I'm the biggest Bowie enthusiast in my country and I can claim to have the best Bowie collection as well!

David Bowie didn’t know he was dying until three months before the end

http://pagesix.com/2017/01/06/david...he-end/?_ga=1.141575218.1607990959.1483538662

"David Bowie only found out his liver cancer was terminal three months before he died, a documentary reveals.

The musician was filming the music video for “Lazarus” when told his treatment would be stopped, its director said.

Johan Renck tells “David Bowie: The Last Five Years,” on BBC2: “The week we were shooting is when he found out that it is over.

“We’ll end treatment or whatever that means, that his illness has won.”

Someone here, either David Bowie himself or this Mr. Johan Renck has, I believe, sadly misinterpreted what was going on. First of all, cancer patients are not "told their treatment will be stopped". Stopping treatment - likely chemo treatments - is a patient's decision. Certainly with input from his oncologist, but the bottom line is that it is a patient decision.

What more likely happened is that based on testing - CAT scans usually - tumor/s were increasing in size as opposed to decreasing, despite the ongoing chemo treatments. At that point a physician will want to be honest with their patient. And yes, it can get to "there is nothing more we can do for you".

At that point most patients along with their doctors make the decision to stop the chemo - because it is so debilitating - and to proceed with palliative care only. And yes, at that point they know for sure that their days are numbered.

It is a very difficult time for all concerned. My heart goes out to Iman...

Bowie remained musically relevant through 4 decades. And given recent events in our country's capital his lyrics still resound in our society. From one of my favorite movies ever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back