***Day 3 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Are you suggesting i'm a bully Flinders?

2. redlightthroughpaper

redlightthroughpaper Verified Insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

Aaah, Strangeworld, I have first hand experience that it's not as uncommon as you may think. You'd probably be very surprised at what goes on behind closed doors with politicians and wannabe politicians! I was! :/

3. justice4allison

justice4allison New Member

I also wanted to add....at one point, Wells was talking in very general terms about the varying degrees of force applied to the skin by the 'implement' (ie. being very non-specific) which could explain the irregularity in depth & width of the wounds. The whole time he was talking he was demonstrating his point with a clawed hand up in the air, pushing it back & forward. Even when our mouths are being diplomatic, our bodies can say something very different! I believe he is quite certain what caused the wounds but has to concede that it is possible that they were caused by other means.

4. Flinders

Flinders Active Member

:floorlaugh:

No. Just saying..

5. ActusReus

ActusReus New Member

It appears to me that the defence are trying to discredit the financial motive. If GBC bought Ms Frosts business share for $1 then the debt is cleared. Likewise if an agreement was struck with Mr Broom to walk away with no liability then this debt is also cleared.

Clearly there is alot more to the financial side of this case but I'd chalk these two witnesses up for the defence rather than the prosecution.

In the greater scheme of things it probably won't matter too much as the only way for him to avoid trial is to plead guilty.

6. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

7. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

:floorlaugh: I have just the outfit for it!

8. Ippygal

Ippygal Member

Sorry I just saw it on ch 10 news at 5

9. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

OW comments:

Marissa Calligeros: (Live from the Baden-Clay hearing) Mr Baden-Clay's sister Olivia Walton has spoken outside the court.

Here's what she said: "I’m here this afternoon because I believe that my brother, Gerard is an innocent man and I’m here because I continue to support him.

"What has been overlooked by the media in this terrible tragedy is that Allison was my friend, she was my sister-in-law and I love her.

"My family and I miss her and we grieve for her on a daily basis.

"My husband and I have lived our lives committed to the truth. We implore the police to investigate every avenue so that there is no miscarriage of justice in this case. Contrary to media reports, I have fully and willingly um cooperated with police at all times throughout their investigation. I have provided a formal statement and several interviews. I believe to my knowledge that other members of my family have done the same.

"We believe that Gerard is an innocent man. I’m afraid I can’t take your questions. Thank You very much for your time."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-march-13-20130313-2fzbs.html#ixzz2NP4rkTkv

10. Radster

Radster New Member

Maybe, because TM was also part of the business for some of the affair time, there was a feeling TM might be getting preferential treatment among the salespeople? Things can get pretty heated and competitive among real estate salespeople when it comes to commission entitlements.

11. Sleuthilicious

Sleuthilicious Member

Maybe it was also a conflict of interest business-wise as she was one of their agents? Also perhaps there were concerns of them having their affair during business hours and in clients properties?

12. Flinders

Flinders Active Member

Please let it be orange on Friday for against bullying

13. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Yes it was reported some felt she was receiving preferential treatment.

May 20, 2012

On one occasion staff reported spotting Mr Baden-Clay leaving Ms McHugh's residence after-hours.

As the suspected relationship became a frequent discussion topic, there was disquiet over perceptions Ms McHugh received preferential treatment with new property listings.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ague-toni-mchugh/story-e6freuy9-1226361120004

14. Champagne4lulu

Champagne4lulu New Member

Just wondering when the $1 payment was? Was it after allison went missing? If so, it's irrelevant isn't it? Because before she went missing the debt was there and he was desperately trying to raise funds to pay it. If it all went spectacularly south after she went missing, it was only because of this fact. Of course if this was happening while she was still alive then I see your point.

Sorry just not sure when the timing was on this. Does anyone know?

15. redlightthroughpaper

Yep, I think so. There's even a link for that. :)

As the suspected relationship became a frequent discussion topic, there was disquiet over perceptions Ms McHugh received preferential treatment with new property listings. See more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ague-toni-mchugh/story-e6freuy9-1226361120004

EDIT - Marly beat me to it! :)

16. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

nobody buys out for a $1 from a thriving business. This franchise was going south at warp speed... Toni was but one factor, but an irritating factor in amongst the rest of the real problem. first, there is money coming in. but oddly, people dont get paid. then there is no money coming in and people are liable for immense debt.

WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO TO!!..

ah ... roll on the forensic accountant. I honestly believe that we can safely say, how would a fool cook the books?? I bet thats what the forensic accountant began with. Test out the most stupid scheme and up it from there, because Gerard seemed to believe that 1 & 1 would make 5, by the sheer force of his personality. .. conversely, debt would mean 5 - 8 would = 2+

he was a fiscal nincompoop.

17. Thinking

Thinking New Member

I wonder how much Allison really knew about all these deliberations about her life and future. I feel for her so much. How can OW defend her brother in these circumstances, whether she believes he killed her or not. Despicable.

18. redlightthroughpaper

I have 'heard' the business went 'spectacularly south' (love your wording there), after ABC went missing. Real Estate (and a lot of other types of business) has been a lot slower since 2008 than it was prior - but I 'heard' that clients started heading for the woods in droves from GBC's business, once the talk of GBC possibly being responsible for ABC's disappearance got out.

19. Jo04

Jo04 Member

If I had a brother, he calls me in the early morning and tells me his wife is missing. When I got there and seen the injuries discribed today. There would be no way in hell I would think he's innocent. I would defently think he would've had something to do with it. OW is telling porkies IMO.

20. Inspector

Inspector Member

The most remarkable thing is the absence of her plea to find the "real killer". What does OW think? GBC is innocent, but has she even considered what else this assumption entails? :waitasec: all she seems to voice is her concerns about a miscarriage of justice...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.