***Day 3 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thanks to Whatif for being in court and posting progress reports. Much appreciated :)

John Taylor‏@_JohnTaylor_

After brief adjournment begun again. #badenclay

9.57am: A SENIOR forensic medical officer has told the court it was "implausible" to say the deep scratches on Gerard Baden-Clay's face were from shaving.

Dr Robert Hoskins, who is employed by Queensland Health, was asked to examine a series of photographs of scratches on Baden-Clay's face to see if they could have been caused by a razor.

But the court heard Dr Hoskins said the marks had "all the hallmarks" of being made by fingernails.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...eam-in-the-night/story-e6freoof-1226596271477

I'm also around all day to report tweets if anyone needs a break :) home sick in bed .

Ok, Ippygal. You were first on the thread. Go for it. ILet us know when you want a break. Didn't get a chance to read anything yet.

oopsie about Ursula's tweeet.

However, he said the larger scratch marks on Baden-Clay's jaw had not been caused by a razor.

"Each of those three broad marks has no clear edge at any point," he said.

Dr Hoskins was also asked to examine Allison's fingernails from post mortem photographs.

He concluded her nails were square in shape and would have caused wide scratches.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...eam-in-the-night/story-e6freoof-1226596271477

Dr Watson, in an autopsy in such a situation, do they actually take nail clippings or does that only happen on TV?

I will be next in line for the job fruit tingles when you need a break, yell out! :)

However, he said the larger scratch marks on Baden-Clay's jaw had not been caused by a razor.

"Each of those three broad marks has no clear edge at any point," he said.

Dr Hoskins was also asked to examine Allison's fingernails from post mortem photographs.

He concluded her nails were square in shape and would have caused wide scratches.

BBM.

Does this mean he is saying her nails could have caused the scratches or not?

Sorry guys...... Just wanted to give others a turn. As long as someone's doing it. Love how we can work as a team on here. Don't be shy to ask for a break.

Fruit tingles, your signature is dominating my whole page.....

sorry for the OT

No you go ippygal! You were here before me so I will leave you to it. I'll just start off with this.
Go for it :)

John Taylor@_JohnTaylor_
Scratches to Baden-Clay's face again being shown to court. #badenclay

Dr Watson, in an autopsy in such a situation, do they actually take nail clippings or does that only happen on TV?

They take clippings, and they scrape under the nails too. In some cases, of course, many of the nails may have already separated due to exposure to the elements.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou
The court is being shown a picture of Baden-Clay's injuries taken on the morning Allison was reported missing. Two jagged scratches on jaw.

Aarrgghhh laptop playing up and I can't copy tweets on my iPad (or can I!!) give me 2 secs to fire up the laptop again! Sorry!!!!! ;(

John Taylor@_JohnTaylor_
Expert says some marks are consistent with damage from a razor. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou
The pic of Gerard's injuries was taken on the morning Allison was reported missing. Doc says scratches about six hours old. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire