***Day 3 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
the business partners,, ...correction, former business partners brief description of life in the 21st century franchise in those whirling days up to April 2012, were ever going to be a horrid thing for Gerard and, I think, Olivia to have anyone else hear...it chipped away at the facade, it tarnished the yellowjacket, it nibbled at the whole panoply of previous claims of Gerards astute and rather brilliant unique business acumen.

Jocelyn and Phillip painted a picture of such buffoonery, such indescribable charlatanry, such day by day nonsense and stickiness and mad and inexplicable movements, insane plans, outcries, wild imaginings, crazed decisions, endless endless leakages of money, information, tattletale telling, whispering, whizzing here and there, SriLanka, Sydney, Noosa, China, book cookery, dodginess, drama drama drama, operatic scenarios, a mixture of Carmen and La Boheme, Gerard, Nige, Elaine, Toni, Jocelyn, Phillip, minor staff, a cast of hundreds, all flitting hither and yon, clients, conferences, launches, vanity plates given and taken back, meetings, meetings, meetings.... hirings, firings, flaps, flounces and follies,

not exactly a smoothly running operation, really.....

Can I have some of what you're on or drinking Trooper?

Here's a 7 news report from tonight

7News Brisbane ‏@7NewsBrisbane
Accused wife killer’s sister speaks outside #brisbane court as more witnesses take the stand. @EmmyKubainski reports http://yhoo.it/Zz5HkZ

It is very interesting Liaden!! Especially when you look back at when she actually spoke to the media outside court.

Oddly enough it was when the business partner,Phillip Broom, was on the stand & about to come out with, among other things, the following...

But Mr Broom said while on a business trip to Sydney in 2010, Baden-Clay told him of future plans he had with Ms McHugh.

''There was a trip to Sydney where we talked about cars and the need for a bigger car for his three girls and her two boys,'' he said

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...eam-in-the-night/story-e6freoof-1226596271477

I think Mr Broom was always going to be the witness the defence team (and the BC family) particularly worried about because he knew not only about the money side of things in terms of debt but also about the intimacies of the Allison/Toni see-saw that GBC was apparently perched upon for some time. Workaholics (and real estate partners who work every weekend) often have closer relationships with their business partners than their own partners. In MOO, Mr Broom knew and knows A LOT. We will be seeing more of him.

And maybe that would explain the timing of OW's statement. And I agree with others here that OW being unwilling to take questions afterwards (clearly on the advice of the defence) renders the entire exercise useless. How can she be committed to "truth" if she is also able to accept all the lies that accompany adultery?

Whatif - where you were sitting in court could you see the lady in the front 'relatives row ' who was glaring at GBC ? Sorry to harp on about this but it really made quite an impression on me. I can't stop thinking about her.

LOLOL.......you would think that would make sense huh.

If I had a brother, and I already KNEW before my sister in law went missing that he was planning to leave her due to an affair with an office employee, and I know that, because Mum and Dad worked IN the office at the time, and discussed it with me.. and that he was gobsmackingly broke, and that my brother held insurance policies on her, and that his business practice was based on fraud and nincompoopery, he already owed our parents $58,000.00 and he had all chunks out of his face, AND a cut on his hand, AND he asked her and Dad to leave the room that morning while he had something secret to tell the police about this affair, I'd be at least a bit discreete and keep my face out of view.

Lots of assumed knowledge there!

Can anyone explain why Olivia doesn't sit in the courtroom and listen to the evidence being presented ? Is it possible she is not allowed, and if not why not ?

They will probably get donations via the church to avoid that problem. I cant recall now what account they asked for the donations to last time.

Does anyone believe that there has not been more pleas for money through the family/church connections? Maybe they are just a little bit more underground in their asking of donations? It would seem that GBC should be out of cash by now, so the money must be coming from somewhere?

Sorry and I agree. I will re-word that to "mini press performance." I still find it completely bizarre.

It was very out of the blue, wasn't it? Did she really think ALL of the press would follow her out there and there'd be none left in the court room to report her brothers deeds? lol

I didn't observe much sincerity in it at all! Performance alright!!!

Interesting the way that human interaction works. Case in point with OW.

'I can't take your questions' she states after her statement - well why not? If she truly wants to clear her brother's name then you do what it takes. You don't make a statement and run for cover - you make a statement and use every availabe resource including the media to help you!!!

Yes Laidan, you use every available resource including the media to help you.... Something they have never done! What they don't seem to understand that is that this makes things look worse to the public! IMO

Originally Posted by Trooper
If I had a brother, and I already KNEW before my sister in law went missing that he was planning to leave her due to an affair with an office employee, and I know that, because Mum and Dad worked IN the office at the time, and discussed it with me.. and that he was gobsmackingly broke, and that my brother held insurance policies on her, and that his business practice was based on fraud and nincompoopery, he already owed our parents $58,000.00 and he had all chunks out of his face, AND a cut on his hand, AND he asked her and Dad to leave the room that morning while he had something secret to tell the police about this affair, I'd be at least a bit discreete and keep my face out of view.

Lots of assumed knowledge there!

Which parts would you say are assumed Lychee? Happy to work through them with you.

Were you able to keep up with todays events?

It was very out of the blue, wasn't it? Did she really think ALL of the press would follow her out there and there'd be none left in the court room to report her brothers deeds? lol
It was so weird that in the middle of her brother's murder committal hearing, she would gather the press around and tell us all how much they (her and her family) are grieving, and how she doesn't want to see a miscarriage of justice. WTF? All I could think of was the Dickies and Allison's three little girls and how much they are grieving. Come off the grass OW. You've said enough already. Moo.

It was so weird that in the middle of her brother's murder committal hearing, she would gather the press around and tell us all how much they (her and her family) are grieving, and how she don't want to see a miscarriage of justice. WTF? All I could think of was the Dickies and Allison's three little girls and how much they are grieving. Come off the grass OW. You've said enough already. Moo.
Haha, or maybe we should just let her keep talking... could help the prosecution. :)

Does anyone believe that there has not been more pleas for money through the family/church connections? Maybe they are just a little bit more underground in their asking of donations? It would seem that GBC should be out of cash by now, so the money must be coming from somewhere?
That's the million dollar question isn't it :twocents:

Might there be more yet to come re Allison's phone?
This from MSM today re how Vicpol located Jill Meagher accused....
Maybe they don't need the actual phone itself....?

"They also identified her Vodafone mobile phone details and tracked the phone’s movement.

This according to the police summary: “The recorded movement indicated that (Ms Meagher’s) mobile phone had remained in the Brunswick area until 4.24am, when it began to record movement outside the Brunswick area.

After analysing the recorded movements it was discovered that (Ms Meagher’s) mobile was moving north along Citylink in the vicinity of Moreland Rd at 4.40am and then continued north along the Calder Freeway to Sunbury.”

The detectives’ next move was to try to identify the vehicle either being driven by Ms Meagher or an unknown person of interest.

Citylink records provided a list of relevant vehicles. That check eventually led police to Bayley.

Investigators gained his mobile phone details and found that phone’s movements from the Brunswick area and along Citylink and the Calder Freeway “mirrored” those of Ms Meagher’s phone.

Detectives were now confident they had nominated their prime suspect.

They arrested Bayley on Thursday September 27, the same day his de facto partner found Ms Meagher’s broken Vodafone SIM card in the bottom of her washing machine after washing Bayley’s clothes."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ew-amid-new-cctv/story-fndo1svg-1226596495389

Hmmm. I wonder if OW is THAT sure of her brothers innocence that she would mortgage her home? But even that wouldn't cover what he'll be charged in the end.

I heard on the news that the friends and relatives had reserved this area themselves. They most definitely can see him from over there. The exact seats and rows to sit in to see him were mentioned in an online news story either this morning or yesterday.

I will bet my house that the lady in white could see him. She made it glaringly obvious. Were you in court ? Could you see the lady that I am talking about ?
( please don't take the tone of this question as accusatory, because its not :blushing: )
I was sitting in the first public area when you go in the door. Third row back, behind the media people.

There was also a couple of times when the Forensic Dr's evidence didn't agree with what Mr Davis was trying to say and this lady smiled and glared even harder at GBC. More or less to say - stick that !

was it Allisons sister ?

the business partners,, ...correction, former business partners brief description of life in the 21st century franchise in those whirling days up to April 2012, were ever going to be a horrid thing for Gerard and, I think, Olivia to have anyone else hear...it chipped away at the facade, it tarnished the yellowjacket, it nibbled at the whole panoply of previous claims of Gerards astute and rather brilliant unique business acumen.

Jocelyn and Phillip painted a picture of such buffoonery, such indescribable charlatanry, such day by day nonsense and stickiness and mad and inexplicable movements, insane plans, outcries, wild imaginings, crazed decisions, endless endless leakages of money, information, tattletale telling, whispering, whizzing here and there, SriLanka, Sydney, Noosa, China, book cookery, dodginess, drama drama drama, operatic scenarios, a mixture of Carmen and La Boheme, Gerard, Nige, Elaine, Toni, Jocelyn, Phillip, minor staff, a cast of hundreds, all flitting hither and yon, clients, conferences, launches, vanity plates given and taken back, meetings, meetings, meetings.... hirings, firings, flaps, flounces and follies,

not exactly a smoothly running operation, really.....

Trooper, best use of adjectives since the first thread was started. Your posts are the most thoroughly entertaining, if only the subject was not so serious! I so enjoy your entertaining but informative posts, keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77