Day 3 SBTC - The 12 Days of JonBenet

"SBTC" means nothing, and was simply pulled out of thin air by someone who wanted to give an air of mystery to a mythical intruder belonging to a "small foreign faction."

expat79, this is my suspicion as well. I believe it was just random letters chosen to form an acronym and further confuse/confound police to get them chasing more red herrings. And let's not forget, PR was especially fond of making up private little acronyms that she used in her correspondence. For example, a Christmas note she wrote to a friend was signed "P.P.R.B.S.J." -- which stood for Patsy Paugh Ramsey, Bachelor of Science in Journalism.

No idea what it means, and I don't think it matters. What I do find significant is how PR was able to rattle the acronym off so easily to the 911 dispatcher, despite the fact that she claimed she hadn't read the entire ransom note.

Excellent point, Mountain_Kat!

When I see SBCT it reminds me of the 60's and 70's when many groups were know by initials. As I'm sure most of you know, one such group, the S.L.A. (Symbionese Liberation Army) whose full name was "The United Federated Forces of the Symbionese Liberation Army" were responsible for the kidnapping of Patty Hearst. Hmmm, wealthy heiress, monetary demands by captors.... I can think of two people who were of an age to remember this happening.

I don't think they picked the letters for any purpose. I just think that someone from that (my) era might think it made the letter look legit.

I think they're just random letters pulled out of thin air by someone who'd been up all night covering up a crime.

I strongly believe in occam's razor on this one: "Victory! S.T.B.C" is a religious reference. As pointed out by Jeffrey Shapiro, to some Christians "victory" represents Christ's victory over Satan. STBC, to me, is obviously Saved by the Cross. Patsy was a deeply Christian woman; I believe there are several religious overtures in the ransom note. I believe Patsy justified JBR's death as an act of satan.

This is a good take imo, especially regarding the bible references found in the Rs home that day (which to me are significant).

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011...killer-15-year-anniversary-retrospective.html

So much of the letter makes me think I am reading something from an awkward teenage or youg adult infatuated with the Dirty Harry movie. I am certainly no mind reader so guessing the acronym is a total shot in the dark. But the feel I get from reading it would be something like :

Scorpio Beat The Cops
Saved By the Cross (there was a Cross reference in this movie)

(Question, where is the proper place to ask about the DNA, about what you guys make of it not matching anyone in the house? I don't want to post O/T in the wrong thread. Tia!!!)

You make a really good point, LaborDayRN. I've had the same thought about the SLA thing in the past and wondering if the author of the note just picked letters at random to make it sound legit like one of those radical groups.

In the miniscule chance that it actually does stand for something (intended to be deciphered by investigators), it will be something silly and ridiculous. Much like the entire ransom note itself.

Something akin to "Saudi Brotherhood, Telluride Chapter"

"SBTC" means nothing, and was simply pulled out of thin air by someone who wanted to give an air of mystery to a mythical intruder belonging to a "small foreign faction."
I agree that the SBTC was simply some meaningless acronym added to create a mystery about the "small foreign faction." But perhaps she got her inspiration from something nearby when she penned the RN.

This is an older blue version of the Southwestern Bell Telephone book:

attachment.php

Later the company changed to a yellow themed book with a black, cursive SWBTC logo in a white field:

attachment.php

Attachments

• SBTC Phone Book.JPG
    SBTC Phone Book.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,157
  • kitchenphone.gif
    kitchenphone.gif
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,167
I lean toward it being random letters that are supposed to be the name of the "small foreign faction." Like the terrorist organizations from the 70s. Heck, like ISIS nowadays.

http://sbtc.org/?page_id=1022
SBTC is the oldest and largest nonprofit organization representing small, technology-based companies in diverse fields. Since its inception, SBTC has played a crucial role in providing valuable data and research on the highly successful SBIR Program. In addition to being the lead advocate on the Hill for small-business technology issues, SBTC has built unprecedented support across the federal government for the SBIR program. This resource center provides detailed analysis and critical data on the SBIR program and other key small-business technology issues.

PR's cagey response about SBTC from her April 1997 interview:

ST: Okay. I certainly have chased leads far and wide on SBTC and has that, and over the last four months, brought anything to mind?
PR: No.
ST: Have you had any time to think of any theories of significance of what that acronym uh, might relate to? I’ve heard everything from Smyrna Bank and Trust, Southern Bell telephone Company to uh, everything under the sun, uh, any thoughts on that Patsy?
PR: I mean, I have racked my brain, I mean, if you say, is, have I spent any time on this, I have, you know, I can, I don’t have a clue what that is.
ST: Can you throw anything, you can’t throw anything out on the table for what that might be a . . .
PR: (Inaudible)
ST: You mom thinks it’s son of a ***** Tom Carson.
PT: (Inaudible)
ST: It certainly was, you know, thoroughly checked Tom Carson out. . .
PR: Um hum.
ST: . . .but. . .
PR: Yeah, she told me that too.
ST: Was there a problem with Tom Carson and John Ramsey.
PR: Not that I’m aware of um, that, you know might be something you can ask him. . .
ST: Um hum.
PR: . . .I, you know, I just really don’t know much about what goes on at work.

I thought yes SBTC was for saved by the cross as that expression and victory are religious expression's and Patsy was into religion. It makes no sense if a kidnapper signed off on the note this way. So the only thing I can come up with is SBTC is for slow boat to China.

Also worth noting:

The tDNA referenced to be from a Hispanic male is a mixed sample with JBR's DNA. This means that someone in the lab had to decide which alleles to keep (unknown person) and which to discard (JBR's). Isn't it possible that the discarded alleles were similar to someone related to JBR and discarded because it was assumed they were JBR's?

Let's remember too that tDNA would not be enough to convict someone, but it could be used as an investigative tool. So what if there is a match to an outsider who has an airtight alibi and reasonable explanation for how his DNA ended up where it did? Would you accept that?

And one other thing: the DNA expert who spoke about the tDNA in JBR's case was recently discredited in court (thanks for the fyi on that last week, SuperDave!):
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...s-he-has-no-direct-dna-or-analysis-experience

Is that enough to substantiate the rules of this forum?

reintarnation,
It will be possible for some of JonBenet's and the Unknown Person's alleles to be overlapping, depending on how hispanic the latter person is?

The Unknown Person might have pure Americas dna, i.e. no european genes.

The Unknown Person be a mix of pure Americas dna, and european genes, of spanish origin?

The Unknown Person might have sole european genes, i.e. no Americas genes.

If the Unknown Person can demonstrate conclusively he/she came in contact with the R's in the days prior to her death, then this would offer reasonable doubt to any jury considering a homicide charge.

What was the name of JR's 'business technology' company in Atlanta?

This is one of those random and quirky facts that I choose to pay less attention to- pick your battles right?
Anyway- IIRC- LHP has stated there was a picture of John's previous military training center that was removed after the fact. I cannot recall its name but it corresponded to SBTC. I've also seen the R's deny this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subic Bay Training Center (if I recall correctly)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back