Day 5 The John, Patsy and Burke's behavior/ The 12 days of JonBenet

In Australia the doctor I visited as a child was the same one my parents used. In the states is this the same or was Dr Beuf only JB and Burke's doctor? If that's the case why wouldn't patsy see her own doctor for pills?
Ok from my experiences as both a patient and a nurse and a mother to accident prone/sickly children I will give you my opinion.
We have family doctors that do and can see all members of the family. I also worked along side our family doctor off and on.
However, JonBenet's pediatrician was not a family doctor. He specialized in pediatrics (children from birth until usually 18) not sure of his exact cut off age.
I do know that our family doctor wouldn't see children until they were older than 6 wks. Rules are different for each doctor in my experience. Some didn't mind seeing them for their first 6wks. Now my grandchild sees a pediatrician. Not a family doctor. My granddaughter is very sickly and was born very sick. Hence the reason she sees a pediatrician that is very familiar with her issues.
I say all of this to say the following. In my opinion, JonBenet's pediatrician had no right to prescribe Patsy medication. Furthermore, I don't know how he could state for SURE that she was never molested. Unless he did speculum exams.
If he did ever "suspect" this, I would think he would keep his mouth shut and not sell out his obvious friends. Plus their medical records were sealed.

I hope this kind of answered your question. Mind you this is my experiences and my opinion!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi all, long time lurker...
I caught a special late Saturday night on Discovery. It showed one of PR & JRs first interviews. It was the scene where PR tries very hard to shed some crocodile tears and says "I would tell the people of Boulder to keep your babies close to you" and as she stutters over the words "keep your babies..." John can be seen mouthing the words to her as if rehearsed. I can't find the video anywhere online or on YouTube. All the videos are just a close up shot of PR saying it and don't show JR. Any help getting me a link to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not have a link, but I saw it, too. She was high as a kite, if you ask me!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Ok from my experiences as both a patient and a nurse and a mother to accident prone/sickly children I will give you my opinion.
We have family doctors that do and can see all members of the family. I also worked along side our family doctor off and on.
However, JonBenet's pediatrician was not a family doctor. He specialized in pediatrics (children from birth until usually 18) not sure of his exact cut off age.
I do know that our family doctor wouldn't see children until they were older than 6 wks. Rules are different for each doctor in my experience. Some didn't mind seeing them for their first 6wks. Now my grandchild sees a pediatrician. Not a family doctor. My granddaughter is very sickly and was born very sick. Hence the reason she sees a pediatrician that is very familiar with her issues.
I say all of this to say the following. In my opinion, JonBenet's pediatrician had no right to prescribe Patsy medication. Furthermore, I don't know how he could state for SURE that she was never molested. Unless he did speculum exams.
If he did ever "suspect" this, I would think he would keep his mouth shut and not sell out his obvious friends. Plus their medical records were sealed.

I hope this kind of answered your question. Mind you this is my experiences and my opinion!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have always wondered about the pediatrician and his statement that he never saw signs of sexual abuse to JBR. I believe his statement was based on a) he knew the family for years b) pillars of the community c} someone of JR's caliber would never do that. Money and power talk.

Did the dr. ever release all of JBR's medical records? I read somewhere there were 33 visits in a 3 year period. Sounds excessive to me.

Edited: I found the source of the dr visits and reread the Bonita Paper. JBR went to the pediatrician over 33 times in a 2 year period.

Their constant distancing from Jonbenet. "That child", repeatedly neglecting to say her name when it would be appropriate, etc.

Making the whole investigation about them, using every TV appearance not to talk about Jonbenet but to gain public sympathy and act like they are the real victim. I cannot imagine a loving parent acting this way after their child has been murdered.

BBM:
This is and will always be the deciding factor for me including the 911 call.
PR never said her name, always said child and baby. Reminded me of another mum calling 911, Darlie Routier. Both sounded awfully familiar.

Every time I hear PR talk about JB I hear the disconnect everyone talks about and I always end up screaming at the TV. My DH is used to it by now, poor thing.

I just said this in another thread:

With all of the BDI talk, I keep coming back to the fact that John and Patsy never called the killer an evil monster. They never said the killer was going to pay, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I really don't think they avoided saying those kinds of things because they're devout Christians. They didn't say them because they didn't want to hurt Burke.

I have always wondered about the pediatrician and his statement that he never saw signs of sexual abuse to JBR. I believe his statement was based on a) he knew the family for years b) pillars of the community c} someone of JR's caliber would never do that. Money and power talk.

Did the dr. ever release all of JBR's medical records? I read somewhere there were 33 visits in a 3 year period. Sounds excessive to me.

Edited: I found the source of the dr visits and reread the Bonita Paper. JBR went to the pediatrician over 33 times in a 2 year period.
The 33 times in two year period sounds like Munchausen Syndrome by proxy. Were the medical records released as to diagnosis?

I am starting to think that all this may have been a terrible accident followed up by a cover up. Maybe Patsy or John find the kids down stairs, they are exhausted and angry and screaming. Someone grabs the flashlight and accidentally hits JonBenet in the head. The cover up begins.

The thing that always puzzled me was that when Patsy found the note and supposedly read her daughter was kidnapped. I mean wouldn't your first response be to think "OMG someone is still in the house". Wouldn't you grab a gun or baseball bat or something looking for an intruder. and then after you check everywhere in the house. You check all exits and windows to see if maybe someone is there or just made their escape.

Your second response would be to get in your car and drive around the neighborhood hoping to find your child. In missing child cases, the parents almost immediately get in their car even if they have no clue where the kid is, just hoping to spot a glimpse of a clue, hopefully to find another car that their kid may be in. That never happened here.

Even still, after John ultimately "found" JBR and found that she was dead. Wouldn't you be scared that the killer might still be in the house? Lurking in a closet or underneath something?

To me, and forgive me if this has been mentioned here before but I havent seen anyone bring it up, one of the most telling moments came in their first interview on CNN.

When Patsy says "keep your babies close".......most footage of that is zoomed in on her face. But there is video of that where it shows both of them, and JR mouths it silently as she says it. It is clearly rehearsed and clearly indicates to me they have been in on the whole thing together.

I'm a big time BDI. I was before all these specials and the recent Dr Phil show only cemented my belief.

I just said this in another thread:

With all of the BDI talk, I keep coming back to the fact that John and Patsy never called the killer an evil monster. They never said the killer was going to pay, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I really don't think they avoided saying those kinds of things because they're devout Christians. They didn't say them because they didn't want to hurt Burke.

Well, that's not entirely true. For the most part they never really talked about the intruder or being angry at him, which is definitely bizarre. An Access Graphics employee named Diane Hallis (who has her own place in this torrid story easily found on google or http://www.acandyrose.com/s-diane-hallis.htm) was quoted saying that JR never said anything angry about the killer, just the press and police. Very telling.

But on occasion they did try to sell the "angry parents" thing. I recall them calling the person who did this a "creature" at some point, and JR, when asked if he would believe in the death penalty for the killer making a statement about how he wanted the fullest punishment possible unleashed on the person responsible. So from time to time, they HAVE said things that would point to anger/hatred toward the killer. And they did occasionally make statements about how "God knows who you are and we will find you," to quote Patsy. They just weren't super-convincing.

But ultimately I think your point stands, because they could never be consistent with it. Overall, they were WAAAAY too forgiving and lenient towards "the killer" and if they truly didn't know who did it, they would be looking for someone's head on a stake. You suggest they toned down their statements consciously because they didn't want to traumatize BR, if he did it. That could be. My thinking is more that if that's the case, subconsciously they were incapable of really laying into "the killer" because they knew who it was and it was someone they loved. You also say that their Christianity may have played into that, indicating perhaps they could not bring themselves to totally lie. Well, I could see that angle too. Of course, they lied about plenty in this case so who knows how much their religious beliefs played into that!

To me, and forgive me if this has been mentioned here before but I havent seen anyone bring it up, one of the most telling moments came in their first interview on CNN.

When Patsy says "keep your babies close".......most footage of that is zoomed in on her face. But there is video of that where it shows both of them, and JR mouths it silently as she says it. It is clearly rehearsed and clearly indicates to me they have been in on the whole thing together.

I'm a big time BDI. I was before all these specials and the recent Dr Phil show only cemented my belief.

Oooh, can you link that?

He had to have been paid to keep any diagnosis secret.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
Oh, absolutely. It's possible they just paid him out of pocket so no insurance records.

You're welcome!!

It is mind boggling. If you were calling your friends to come over, wouldn't you tell them your daughter was missing and there was a RN? They probably knew Fleet would know who wrote it.

He had to have been paid to keep any diagnosis secret.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Because he's technically a mandatory reporter? Yep, I am absolutely certain that every single person in this world of ours puts the wellbeing of a child above all else. Yeah. Uh huh.

You're welcome!!

It is mind boggling. If you were calling your friends to come over, wouldn't you tell them your daughter was missing and there was a RN? They probably knew Fleet would know who wrote it.

It is very strange, unless BPD advised the R's not to mention the RN to anyone. Since Arndt arrived later than French, I doubt the R's were told that. So yes, very incriminating.

Again, thank you very much for posting the podcast link, Ambitioned. Real good stuff!

-Nin

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeo20