Day 7 The DNA/ 12 Days of JonBenet

Nah. I just can't bring myself to have any pity for Arndt. It isn't as though she had a crowd of 100 to deal with that morning. And the last order that was given was for everyone to stay in the study (I think it was).
So, what did she do? She loses track of JR. That's just some crazy talk right there and it's when she should have called for back-up. Then, when he finally shows up, she takes it a step further and asks him to search the damn house. WTH was she even thinking? Then, when he brings JB upstairs and puts her on the floor, contaminating her; she picks her up and moves her! But no, she's not finished! She puts a blanket over her. She allows PR to lie on top of her.
Then there's the list of questions she faxed.
Nope. I don't feel sorry for her. She was inept.

ETA: Interesting thread on FFJ about Arndt:
Linda Arndt speaks (with forked tongue)
Wow....she's writing a book too?
I may take back some of my pity for her..... did she ever publish the book?

Nah. I just can't bring myself to have any pity for Arndt. It isn't as though she had a crowd of 100 to deal with that morning. And the last order that was given was for everyone to stay in the study (I think it was).
So, what did she do? She loses track of JR. That's just some crazy talk right there and it's when she should have called for back-up. Then, when he finally shows up, she takes it a step further and asks him to search the damn house. WTH was she even thinking? Then, when he brings JB upstairs and puts her on the floor, contaminating her; she picks her up and moves her! But no, she's not finished! She puts a blanket over her. She allows PR to lie on top of her.

[h=1]Linda Arndt speaks (with forked tongue)[/h]

ITA. No pitty AT ALL. Just reading her depo makes you go hmmm. She is paranoid and an attention seeker. Her actions that morning are one of the main reasons this case is still open. She was one of the many intimidated by the R's. If it was some poor dad finding his dead daughter I bet she would have YELLED at him to immediately put her down and she wouldn't have let them touch the body

lol can you imagine what would have happened if she sent PR to search the house , PR being the one "finding the body"?

Wow....she's writing a book too?
I may take back some of my pity for her..... did she ever publish the book?

No, I believe that Lin Wood threatened to sue her and she never got it published.

[h=1]Linda Arndt speaks (with forked tongue)[/h]

Arndt was WAY out of her depth and should never have been left alone in the house. She made very poor decisions and I'm sure that JR took heavy advantage of that vulnerability - in fact he may have done some subtle manipulation of her that she was never aware of. She seems naive and inexperienced, and WRONG in her observations. And to allow him to search the house! OMG no! Then SHE moved the body again, and put a blanket over it, and let PR throw herself onto the body! It's just a disaster from the start. This woman came into the house with assumptions and left with assumptions, and spoiled the case b/c of her assumptions. Other than blaming John for JonBenet's death, she still treated them with deference and saw Patsy as the victim. This is extreme prejudice. Awful and I'm glad she didn't work in LE again.

I totally feel sorry for Linda Arndt!
She shouldered the blame for the investigation going wrong yet, they left her and French and went back to the PD to work on the case.
This case should have immediately bend handed to the FBI. The BPD doesn't have enough experience with homicides and neither did the ME.
Since it started as a kidnapping, the FBI could've still remained in charge. But I don't think the BPD wanted that to happen.
But yes I do feel so sorry for Linda and French. However I do not feel for the DA's. They made very poor judgment calls and their rep deserved to be tarnished.
It is a very sad thing to know cops who were truly seeking the truth quit their jobs due to politics not wanting to find the truth.
I don't think Linda Arndt seemed crazy in her interview. I think she came across as genuine in the interview I watched. Is it the one where she said JR was cordial?
Many say her eyes looked weird but, I have to wonder if she has a thyroid condition. My cousin has severe thyroid issues and her eyes have the "crazy" look all the time too.
So no I don't think you are wrong at all. Linda wanted justice for JonBenet. I also think her instincts were right as she observed the family and friends that morning. She might not be a homicide detective, but she was trained to pick u subtle clues and she was doing as she was trained. She had her hands full that morning and they should have left her more backup and detectives.
I also think imho of course, (please no one take offense to this!) But she seemed to be in a male dominated office. The calls she made to them for backup they may have brushed off as a over reacting female. Not saying that is what happened but, it wouldn't be the first time.
No officer there that day will ever be the same. A child's death is one of the worst for a cop.

Yeah I think I'd have to agree. LA made some bad decisions to say the least that day, but I do feel for her a little. According to her, JR had already started to put the blanket on JBR before she could do anything;and she did have somewhat of a valid reason to move the body from a high traffic area once JR brought her upstairs -- doesn't excuse letting him search the house of course, or simply kicking out the people the R's invited over, but I still feel like she wanted (wants?) justice in this case and I can only imagine how hard it must be for her to this day.

One thing I do respect is how she came out and pretty much said that she thinks someone in the family was involved. I'm not sure if her opinion has changed since saying that though.

RE: Linda Arndt. She took the job, she should have been able to do it. She did a lousy job. She wasn't even a good babysitter. If I can control a crowd of angry bikers as manager of an ER at 5'2" 125#, she should have been able to control these elitists. I posit that she is the one person who mucked up this case from go.

And Jeebers, it wasn't that long ago we were talking about how much we wished it had been Kenda who had handled this case from the get-go. He wouldn't have mucked it up and allowed the stars to cloud his eyes.

PMPT,page 14
"Then he [Patterson] and detective Arndt decided to clear the house of nonessential persons. The six other police officers would leave... Arndt, the Ramseys, the Whites, the Fernies, Rev.Hoverstock, and the the victim advocates would stay."

Sounds to me as though Arndt had some say in the decision that she would stay there alone and who was considered "nonessential". The only persons essential would have been the Ramseys and a couple of cops. The others should have been told to leave.

Detective Patterson told them all to remain in the study and declared the rest of the house off limits. Arndt loses track of JR for 80 minutes and then, according to PMPT, "Just before 1:00 PM, Arndt asked FW and John Fernie to take JR on another tour of the house. She wanted to keep Ramsey busy."

Noteworthy: in Thomas' book, he says that in March, just before Arndt got kicked off the case, she had a meeting with PR that she called "private". Arndt refused to reveal anything about the conversation. Thomas says he suggested that Arndt become more of a team player. "She raised a finger to her forehead, thumb back like a cocked pistol, and told me, "If I get kicked off this thing, I'm going to take out myself and everyone else."

attachment.php

Attachments

• PMPT 1.jpg
    PMPT 1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 170
RE: Linda Arndt. She took the job, she should have been able to do it. She did a lousy job. She wasn't even a good babysitter. If I can control a crowd of angry bikers as manager of an ER at 5'2" 125#, she should have been able to control these elitists. I posit that she is the one person who mucked up this case from go.

And Jeebers, it wasn't that long ago we were talking about how much we wished it had been Kenda who had handled this case from the get-go. He wouldn't have mucked it up and allowed the stars to cloud his eyes.

PMPT,page 14
"Then he [Patterson] and detective Arndt decided to clear the house of nonessential persons. The six other police officers would leave... Arndt, the Ramseys, the Whites, the Fernies, Rev.Hoverstock, and the the victim advocates would stay."

Sounds to me as though Arndt had some say in the decision that she would stay there alone and who was considered "nonessential". The only persons essential would have been the Ramseys and a couple of cops. The others should have been told to leave.

Detective Patterson told them all to remain in the study and declared the rest of the house off limits. Arndt loses track of JR for 80 minutes and then, according to PMPT, "Just before 1:00 PM, Arndt asked FW and John Fernie to take JR on another tour of the house. She wanted to keep Ramsey busy."

Noteworthy: in Thomas' book, he says that in March, just before Arndt got kicked off the case, she had a meeting with PR that she called "private". Arndt refused to reveal anything about the conversation. Thomas says he suggested that Arndt become more of a team player. "She raised a finger to her forehead, thumb back like a cocked pistol, and told me, "If I get kicked off this thing, I'm going to take out myself and everyone else."

attachment.php
Wow at what she said and did when asked to be a team player! 😱

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PMPT,page 14

attachment.php

Disgusting. She walked in that house with prejudices that ruined any possible good she could have done. Nonessential individuals should have meant all of the guests, not the police! Linda Arndt did the most damage to this case on the first day! She deserves no empathy whatsoever! STUPID WOMAN!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back