Day Before Trial Begins - What Are You Feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so sweet to be there for her. Do you remember any cheerful stories that your friend told you about her daughter? That would be nice to bring up. Ask her how she's feeling, and what she would think her daughter would want her to be doing on this anniversary. Say a prayer together, hold hands, keep it soothing and calm. Think of it this way, it can be a really really sad day, or a comforting day. My mum passed in 2006 and not a year goes by that I don't honour her on that day. Always with her favourite yellow roses placed on my dining room table -- those were my mom's fav's. I also light a candle and just sit back and reflect - it's never easy.

Wishing you peace tomorrow, for your friend, her daughter, and Caylee Marie Anthony.

Big hugs,

Mel

Thank you Mel,

She has shared special stories with me and I plan to bring them up. Just a sad sad weed all around.

Now I feel sick to my stomach on DT's Motion For Continuance. Please do not drag this out anymore.

My emotions are running so high now. I have waited for three years for Caylee to get justice and tomorrow will be the beginning of her getting that justice. She was the daughter of a mother who was selfish, narcissitic, greedy, rotten, self centered, I could go on and on forever. Casey did not deserve such a gift as Caylee.

I have recently befriended a lady, about two months ago, who lost her daughter to a terrible car crash. We have become very close. I can tell you that not one day goes by that my friend does not mention her daughter or cry about her daughter and bring up that she wishes she were not alive. Her daughter was 17 at the time of her death.

This is the way a normal mother reacts. Whether she is 17, 23, or in my friends case 46, it breaks a normal mothers heart and it never heals.

I have waited for three years for this trial begin and I cant wait for tomorrow, however, I am meeting my friend on Wednesday and it will be the fifth anniversary of her 17 year old daughters death. I am so emotional.

I have no idea how to help my friend on this sad sad day. Any suggestions? I told her we need to celebrate her daughters life. I would appreciate any ideas.

Thank you all.

And lets say a special prayer for Caylee.

My daughter was killed by a drunk driver when she was 19. It has been 15 years since she passed and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her. The tears are infrequent but they are still here especially on her birthday or the anniversary of her death, even reading about her friends who have gotten married or have babies... wondering what it would be like being a grannie by now. She was my only child. I can understand your friends feelings and I am glad she has a friend like you. When my daughter was killed my friends just didn't know how to act or what to say around me so i did not hear from them.
I forgave my daughters killer as I sat in the ER holding her hand that was turning cold after she lost her life. I even prayed for her killer then and there and I think no matter what the circumstances we should say a prayer for everyone involved in this case, The lawyers both sides, the judge, the jury, the Anthonys, all those called as witnesses and even say a prayer for Casey and the long road she has ahead of her. Pray that God forgives her for what she may have done to her little one and Pray for the Anthonys. No grandparents should lose a grandchild. I know it will be hard for a lot of us to forgive Casey for what she may have done to her daughter. None of us want to see any child harmed. In the end when this trial is all over we will go on about our business after a while and will forget all about The Anthonys and Casey unless they come up in the news again.
Forgiveness is the key to a peaceful heart no matter how angry we are that this precious Child Caylee may have lost her life at the hands of her mother. There is nothing we can do to bring her back but we can prevent this from happening to other children . If Cindy Anthony had been more observant and acted on Caseys behavioral problems perhaps Caylee would have still been alive.

ABBRA (((HUGS))) my grandmother grieved and told me all about her 8 yr. old son (my late uncle) that died by a hit and run driver in 1929.
I was born in 1949.
She kept his memory alive and it is like I knew him.
Loving mothers never heal and remember their children forever........
ICA just doesn't seem moved by anything???????

My daughter was killed by a drunk driver when she was 19. It has been 15 years since she passed and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her. The tears are infrequent but they are still here especially on her birthday or the anniversary of her death, even reading about her friends who have gotten married or have babies... wondering what it would be like being a grannie by now. She was my only child. I can understand your friends feelings and I am glad she has a friend like you. When my daughter was killed my friends just didn't know how to act or what to say around me so i did not hear from them.
I forgave my daughters killer as I sat in the ER holding her hand that was turning cold after she lost her life. I even prayed for her killer then and there and I think no matter what the circumstances we should say a prayer for everyone involved in this case, The lawyers both sides, the judge, the jury, the Anthonys, all those called as witnesses and even say a prayer for Casey and the long road she has ahead of her. Pray that God forgives her for what she may have done to her little one and Pray for the Anthonys. No grandparents should lose a grandchild. I know it will be hard for a lot of us to forgive Casey for what she may have done to her daughter. None of us want to see any child harmed. In the end when this trial is all over we will go on about our business after a while and will forget all about The Anthonys and Casey unless they come up in the news again.
Forgiveness is the key to a peaceful heart no matter how angry we are that this precious Child Caylee may have lost her life at the hands of her mother. There is nothing we can do to bring her back but we can prevent this from happening to other children . If Cindy Anthony had been more observant and acted on Caseys behavioral problems perhaps Caylee would have still been alive.

I disagree. Casey's parents are far from perfect, but they certainly have zero responsibility for the murder of their granddaughter. I personally know countless parents with young children as well as plenty more with adult children who spoiled, coddled and refused to believe even for a second their lil darlings were even capable of any wrong. They don't grow up to murder their own babies and discard them like garbage. Casey Anthony is a empty shell of a human being. She's broken and I do not claim to know why. If parenting Anthony style was the root cause of parents murdering their own, there would be mountains of dead babies.

I also have a wide range of emotions going on, but the one that rings the loudest is "I AM READY!!"

When God delivers angels
He picks a special few
To guard the cherished infant
He sends with love to you.

Rainbows gleam upon the clouds
When such a child arrives,
Whose tenderness and beauty
Will change so many lives.

When God retrieves an angel
For reasons of His own
His goodness and His mercy
Seem distant and unknown.

But paradise is knowing
A child who never grew
Holds tightly to God's fingers
And watches over you.

SHAME ON YOU INMATE CASEY ANTHONY!!!!

Beautiful poem! I love it! That last stanza just makes me cry. I just know Caylee is looking down on everyone, and her light will shine bright tomorrow. As eager as I am for justice for Caylee to finally be served, I am also sad for a life that ended way too early. You shouldn't have died Caylee, but you've opened all our eyes, and tomorrow starts your path to true Justice. God be with everyone and let what is right and just go on in that courtroom. I hope everyone gets good sleep, except for Casey, her family, and the defense.

I've lost two grandparents in under a year, and I would do anything to have them back, anything. I just don't understand Casey feeling nothing at all for Caylee. *sigh* I just know I'm going to be a mess after the SA is done tomorrow morning. Do we know who exactly is going to give the opening statement? I hope it's Jeff Ashton, personally.

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!!!

I'm confused. That MTC was filed May 9th. Wouldn't that have already been ruled on? :waitasec:

I think it was ruled on... I think this was addressed during one of the mornings of jury selection and it was denied? I'm pretty sure it was argued and denied already?

Now I feel sick to my stomach on DT's Motion For Continuance. Please do not drag this out anymore.

It was denied - no worries if it was the one dated May 9.
After rejecting a last-minute defense motion for a continuance in the courtroom on Monday, Judge Perry gave the jury pool instructions about the conditions of sequestration and what forms of media and communications they will be allowed to access during the process
http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/09/tot-mom-jury-selection—day-1/

(First link that popped up from MSM -- I am sure there are better ones, but I remember this too!)

My husband informed me this evening he will not be working tomorrow. I informed him his meals will be on the courts schedule. :floorlaugh:

I have great faith in The State of Florida and know they will be Caylee's voice.

Caylee will get the Justice she deserves and more thru Linda Drane Burdick, Jeff Ashton and Frank George. May God Bless them thru this long and painful trial. Pray for The Jurors for putting their lives on hold for the next few months, and guide them to do the right thing. Pray for Judge Perry for being the most wonderful angel in the Justice System guiding "Team Caylee" to the finish line.

To all WS, may Caylee touch you in some special way as a "Thank You" for being here for her. You all are truly her special angels.:blowkiss:

Sparky

I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this tonight. I'll never be able to explain in words my thoughts after reading this, other than that I realize that somewhere down the line I must forgive as well. God bless you!

What will happen before opening statements begin, if anyone knows?
I don't think I have watched a trial from the very start. Wondering how long it will take until the statements get underway. And I know sometimes the opening statements can be very long, even hours. Will both sides get theirs done tomorrow? (I sure hope so :( )

It was denied - no worries if it was the one dated May 9.
After rejecting a last-minute defense motion for a continuance in the courtroom on Monday, Judge Perry gave the jury pool instructions about the conditions of sequestration and what forms of media and communications they will be allowed to access during the process
http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/09/tot-mom-jury-selection—day-1/

(First link that popped up from MSM -- I am sure there are better ones, but I remember this too!)

Just hitting the Thank You button was not enough. I literally felt sick for awhile.

As to the answer to the question:

Overwhelmed
Anxious
Excited
Afraid
Ready
Not ready..................well, kinda like becoming a mama for the first time! :floorlaugh:

Actually ....... OVERWHELMED by the reality of it all is the predominate feeling for me. A tornado warning and worrying about my mama robin and her 4 eggs during the wind and crazyness didn't help. My son said mom, you are more worried about your mama robin than KC was about her child. GULP.

I am in awe of you, honestly. Reading your post ( as an atheist ) I must say, I truely felt and understood for the first time what it must be like to have faith.

I have a double purpose for wanting to see justice. My EX DIL is a narcissist & has abused her kids, and we are lucky she did not kill them.

When I watch KC, I see the EX DIL. She is exactly like that, so in a sense I'm feeling a sense of justice seeing KC pay for her evil, heartless acts.

The EX DIL was in a bar drinking & dancing the day she lost custody of her kids to my son. She has partied her way to a DUI & continues to drink & harass the kids.

I want justice for our grandkids too, so I have a double satisfaction watching KC squirm! Also waiting for the karma train to ram the EX DIL head on, like I hope it does to KC.

I am nervous & excited, no other way to say it!

Ready. I am not stopping my life to watch this. I will check in and read updates but I'm not going to watch all of it. Praying for Justice in every sense of the word.

:hug: So so sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members