Day Before Trial Begins - What Are You Feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised at how much the jury selection drained me. I was watching the live feeds, then glued to WS after the fact. For some reason now, knowing that the trial begins tomorrow, I am amped with energy, almost as if it were a superbowl of sorts. I don't mean any disrespect. I have waited SO LONG for this moment and doubt I will get much sleep tonight. Caylee needs justice. I am THRILLED that there was no plea deal. Lets get this all out and get closure for this little girl.

I'm feeling that the jury knows more than they think they know.
As the case is presented they will remember the numerous pieces of information, they have read or heard over the last three years. It will all come together for them.

IMO

My emotions are running so high now. I have waited for three years for Caylee to get justice and tomorrow will be the beginning of her getting that justice. She was the daughter of a mother who was selfish, narcissitic, greedy, rotten, self centered, I could go on and on forever. Casey did not deserve such a gift as Caylee.

I have recently befriended a lady, about two months ago, who lost her daughter to a terrible car crash. We have become very close. I can tell you that not one day goes by that my friend does not mention her daughter or cry about her daughter and bring up that she wishes she were not alive. Her daughter was 17 at the time of her death.

This is the way a normal mother reacts. Whether she is 17, 23, or in my friends case 46, it breaks a normal mothers heart and it never heals.

I have waited for three years for this trial begin and I cant wait for tomorrow, however, I am meeting my friend on Wednesday and it will be the fifth anniversary of her 17 year old daughters death. I am so emotional.

I have no idea how to help my friend on this sad sad day. Any suggestions? I told her we need to celebrate her daughters life. I would appreciate any ideas.

Thank you all.

And lets say a special prayer for Caylee.

realcurious why don't you go to the beach and cast stones or walk through a woods with your friend. It is so kind of you to care for her.

I'm anxious about tomorrow. I truly hope ICA now sees her reality. Hopefully she's not so impressed with her stardom now.

'Justice for Caylee' :rose:

:great: I made it ....thanks Beach,Chico, my2cents.....Won't sleep a wink tonite...Let the justice begin

I'm anxious and nervous and even a little bit nauseous. Those four words "beyond a reasonable doubt" keep playing over and over in my head. I pray that in the end guilt can be proven for Caylee's sake but I am so nervous about it. You obviously never know how things may end up. I'm so ready to get this show on the road though! Let's do this!

Overwhelmed to say the least. I have been a very quiet member, but I have been here since day 31. While you may not know me, I know so many of you. I've watched the webcams at the Anthony home, ridden Mort's bus, laughed and cried. Been happy, sad, outraged, crushed. Watched videos and poured over documents. Mapped cellphone pings and reconstructed timelines. It humbles me to see so many wonderful people come together and seek justice for this beautiful baby girl that we've never met, that has touched us all so deeply.

Caylee is our little girl now. We've stood for her because her own family turned their back on her to defend her murderer. Starting tomorrow, that justice is coming for our precious Caylee Marie. I have faith in all the prosecutors and so many of the witnesses that want to do the right thing for this child. I pray for the jury to see past the lies and focus on the truth. I pray that they hear speaking to each of them, the way she has spoken to each of us.

I'm just a wee bit :fireworks: psyched.

But ... if I can't say anything nice, I suppose I should say nothing at all.:shutup:

:cheer:

:cheer: G o:cheer: .........:cheer:T e a m.......... :cheer: C a y l e e :cheer: ! ! !:cheer:

Do you think they'll start the trial with the National Anthem? :waitasec:​

:praying: for justice for caylee & :praying: for all those who love her.

Iamsototallygonnaneedasedative2nite

I'm just a wee bit :fireworks: psyched.

But ... if I can't say anything nice, I suppose I should say nothing at all.:shutup:

:cheer: G o:cheer: .........:cheer:T e a m.......... :cheer: C a y l e e :cheer: ! ! !:cheer:

Do you think they'll start the trial with the National Anthem? :waitasec:

:praying: for justice for caylee & :praying: for all those who love her.

Iamsototallygonnaneedasedative2nite

Nope :) I think it will start with a sidebar!:floorlaugh:

welp my power went out for a few hours earlier so I'm both anxious and a little worried about what's up with that ! Whole neighborhood went dark for hours ! Already mapped out my "free wifi" plan so I can watch it elsewhere if needbe tomorrow (I live in a rural area so that was quite a hunt for free wifi...hehe)

Overall, I am sad tonight. I feel a little too voyeuristic for my own tastes but at the same time I kind of feel obligated for this little girl. She needs people on her side since the family has chosen to be on Casey's ! So I am here as a surrogate auntie representing Miss Caylee.

I have a question. I know that opening statements are to start at 9 a.m., but might coverage actually start at 8:30 because didn't Judge Perry say he would give them some time before opening statements to "flap their lips" ?

I was worried about being able to sleep, and then...I started to think about poor .

(good luck oh dear & brave ) :blowkiss:

Stomach is all jittery....even hubby is all excited for me. It's been almost 3 years in the making!!!!

All I can say is "Let's get ready to Ruuuuuummmmmmbbbblllleeee!"

It's on WS'ers! It's what we've been diligently seeking all of this time -- Justice for Caylee. I just pray that God is the "just" God that I know that He is and that there are no mis-steps for the prosecution and that they present this case with clarity, honor, truth and in a manner that is pleasing to Him. This baby needs a voice and the prosecution needs strength, guidance and support to carry out that mission.

Thank you all for being an inspiration to me over the past 2+ years. Such witty, dilligent, brilliant minds! I know that we have been cloaked in "anonymity" by our screen names. But what I want you all to know, is that my beloved oldest son's "real" first name is Justice. No lie....

I am so glad that my husband and I put that badge of honor on him, even though he is only 10 yrs. old. But most of all, I really want that for little, sweet, innocent Caylee Marie Anthony over the duration of this trial.

I am very nervous...sleep won't come easy tonight:countsheep:

note to self: Do not have any drink by my new laptop when reading emma peel posts:stretch:

:rose:Tomorrow is THE DAY.
I hope Caylees spirit will be in that court room.
I pray at least one WS'er will make it in to sit on the side
of that precious, beautiful, pure of heart little angel.We
will never forget the sweet child whose life was taken.
May her mother squirm in her seat as they show evidence.
May she feel an inner anguish, no one will notice but it is there.
God Bless the SA's and all the LE. who have worked so hard.
Give HHJP. the strength to face people who lie.
I feel her time has come, now KC. will face the music head on.
May God be with the SA..I wish B. would see the light and own up
before this is all over............Sleep with the Angels Sweet Caylee
with all these good people here,she'll not get away with it.Love you
Baby Girl.:beats:

I feel very anxious & nervous. I too followed the OJ trial. But on top of that, I live in Orlando. I remember the newscast on the day of the 911 calls. And cheered with my wife the night KC was removed from her house in handcuffs in front of the maximum amount of protesters on LIVE tv! Later, the duct tape prompted me to join this forum as I visited a half dozen hardware stores looking for Henkel tape that has their logo on the SURFACE of the tape, and upon further research, discovered that this particular style of tape is indeed RARE.
Now, does everyone believe that Baez will actually get to his opening tomorrow? I've learned not to get my hopes up. I bet he at least files some type of objection to try to delay things even more, then if JP denies him thats just one more denial they'll chalk up for arguing an appeal.

I feel very emotional,teary eyed,and relieved,and I can't believe I have to work!!! Will peek in when I can,and tomorrow evening I won't leave my computer for hours!!!

NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! I have butterflies and a thumping heart when I think about it. My heart is with Caylee. Three long years and justice is finally almost here.

I am loving the fact that JB and the defense waited until the night before trial in order to request a transript of Dominic Casey's deposition. He did not want what was said in that deposition to be heard by anyone prior to jury selection, imo.

Wonder if the State will address anything to do with DC during their opening statement? I am really getting excited and anxious. I took a Tylenol PM because I just can not take it. I'm ready!!

Justice for Caylee!!

I feel very anxious & nervous. I too followed the OJ trial. But on top of that, I live in Orlando. I remember the newscast on the day of the 911 calls. And cheered with my wife the night KC was removed from her house in handcuffs in front of the maximum amount of protesters on LIVE tv! Later, the duct tape prompted me to join this forum as I visited a half dozen hardware stores looking for Henkel tape that has their logo on the SURFACE of the tape, and upon further research, discovered that this particular style of tape is indeed RARE.
Now, does everyone believe that Baez will actually get to his opening tomorrow? I've learned not to get my hopes up. I bet he at least files some type of objection to try to delay things even more, then if JP denies him thats just one more denial they'll chalk up for arguing an appeal.

I hope you are wrong about the delay! I am on the west coast. So, I will be up at 6:00 a.m. (9:00 a.m on the east coast) watching and getting ready for a hearing I have at 8:30 a.m. My hearing is brief and then I'll be back. I hope I don't miss much!

I'll tell ya', it will be hard to take a shower and blow dry my hair when trial has begun!

oh and I think I'm going to be crying all day tomorrow. the jury selection made me rather emotional so I just can't imagine hearing it all summarized wont bring me to tears over and over again. I hope the camera-man stays on Casey's face the entire opening statement (for both sides).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave