GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because, all those things could easily be traced. That's why I think this was a bit more of a "seasoned" criminal or at least one whose done a few robberies before.

Agree. From what I saw on the vid tape this looked like a well planned "mission", and the Perp looked efficient and tactical.

Let me go back and check, but I remember seeing or hearing that he had checked in that day around 5:00. Don't quote me, though! I need to backtrack to find that info.
That's when he got off work, from what I recall, however, wasn't sure where he was Sunday since the report was she hadn't seen him since around 9:30am.

I believe, at some level, the wife always knows.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. There's girls out there that may have 500 friends-making-suggestions and still won't "get it."
I don't understand that myself. I'm sure there's plenty that know and won't admit that they know. But sometimes, they're (girls, guys, whatever) truly so "blinded" that they won't notice.

That's when he got off work, from what I recall, however, wasn't sure where he was Sunday since the report was she hadn't seen him since around 9:30am.

No, I haven't read about his whereabouts on Sunday, only that Sunday was the last time the wife had seen him. But I did find the article that states he checked into The Donovan on Monday around 5:00 p.m.:

Mystery surrounds stabbing death of young attorney inside Washington hotel
By Cristina CorbinPublished February 16, 2015
David Messerschmitt, an associate with the international law firm DLA Piper, checked into the Donovan Hotel in downtown Washington sometime after 5 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 9, according to Paris White, a homicide detective with the Metropolitan Police Department.

It's all completely speculation. I don't even think a proper hypothesize could be formed given the lack of evidence we have, here. We don't know how much cash was taken, what enemies David may have, what personal and business circumstances he was surrounded by, whether or not a sexual encounter took place or maybe David had an entirely different reason to be at the hotel...

Right. 'Since we aren't privy to all the details, we are all just speculating. Each of us having our own set of questions and drawing our own conclusions... 'tis the world of WS.

Without any offense meant to the deceased or his family - Could he have been involved in an affair with a man that had become quite emotional? Maybe his male lover thought the deceased was planning to leave his wife, but on the day of the murder David Messerschmitt told him that he would not leave his wife. i think the POI looks frmale like others here do, but it couldcbe an effeminate male.

Has it been confirmed that he did NOT use a credit card to check in? If he used a credit card, the wife just had to check online account activity to see where he was.

I'm now divorced but I was in a marriage for 11 years where we had complete separate accounts. Between you and I, I had access to his accounts but he did not have access to my accounts. We did this because he had horrible credit and I did not. So in this day and time I think this happens more often then not.

Right. 'Since we aren't privy to all the details, we are all just speculating. Each of us having our own set of questions and drawing our own conclusions... 'tis the world of WS.

Nice to share your WS world, f&e :). Thanks for your great posts.

However speculation runs, it would have to include the POI ascending the stairwell, somehow, it seems to me. So, as far as letting loose a bit goes on how we see it, the most haunting part of the video for me is that little neck crick and round up of the shoulder as she (most likely, she) enters the hotel. There's this mission oriented psyche up quality to the gesture, stood out the very first time I watched it at slowest speed possible, but haven't gone back to look. Why would you want to see something like that twice. Did this person just psyche themselves to take David's life? Looks like another amateur move on the part of the POI in my mind, as wouldn't a real assassin know to not stick out at all, with how they move, how they dress etc, whether the elevator is moving, covering their face before the stairwell...

Where did he spend Sunday night? Something is odd here as he only lived three miles away.

What did he do from check-in until we see the POI on the steps?

Why would he open the door to an unknown person dressed like this?

LE has to know from the tapes what time this person came out of his room and how they were dressed. Did the POI take the snowsuit off before committing the murder and then put it back on over bloodied clothes?

One more thing we do not know is the time of his death. Was it immediately after the POI went upstairs or sometime later? We've been left with more unanswered questions than facts. Something is not adding up in this murder. IMO

My heart goes out to his family for their tragic loss. As the story comes out, their heartbreak is likely to be devastating.

Yup. No doubt.

Did stairwell door to 4rth floor not require keycard access? Did DM open stairwell door? Was POI able to access 4rth floor room with keycard. Seems off that DM would let a snowsuited head covered person in room, unless he knew person.. So many questions. I wish LE would reease more videos.

If there's surveillance of the POI going up.. Where's video of the POI going down? Or is there some reason LE wouldn't share that with us? Hmm.

Tutti,

You are our subject matter expert. What is your theory on what happened in this particular situation?
And thank you for your forthright disclosure. Your life experience is very valuable.

I am clueless about this one, really I am. So much of it makes little sense. Did he text his wife or did someone else? Was this his regular person he saw? Why have police not released footage of person of interest leaving? Was there blood on hallway floor outside room, door handle? I imagine the killer had all the time in the world to clean up.

It's torture waiting for the crumbs LE are throwing to public.

If there's surveillance of the POI going up.. Where's video of the POI going down? Or is there some reason LE wouldn't share that with us? Hmm.

Took the words straight outta my mouth.

The fact that his wife last saw him 9:30 am on Sunday may not be that remarkable if the wife worked irregular hours in the health care industry.

Didn't the perp have gloves on? I thought I remember reading that.

Didn't the perp have gloves on? I thought I remember reading that.

I thought they were wearing gloves in the photos/video. They could have taken them off when in the room, but I bet they didn't touch much on purpose and maybe wiped things down afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd