Found Safe DC - John Wayne Regan, 34, from Australia, missing after meeting GU professor, 8 Jan 2019

Sounds like it cannot be verified that the February text(s) actually came from John. As we know, anyone can text from someone else's phone.

How about Sara Singha? Think she is a real person with that actual name and this cockamamey story about SF and DC? Yeah, sounds fishy AF IMO.

ETA: after a little online research that we can all do very easily with names and google, I can see why the family might think this is cult related. Cult-ish perhaps, indeed.

Would you mind elaborating?

Apparently I'm a doofus when it comes to Google because I can't figure out what you're referring to, even with a search of names. That being said, I did do a search on potential cults in the DC area.
The only ones I could find, if you consider these "cults", are:
Black Hebrew Isrealites (I don't think John would qualify)
Scientologists (They ARE good at making people disappear)
Unification Church
The Purple People (Crafty people)

So far, I'm not finding anything unusual that would cause him to drop off the face of the earth.

I have no idea nor any theory that this man is in any way involved with a cult. My knowledge is of cults - what they are, how they begin, how they draw others in, how they behave, etc. Not all cults "advertise" or carry an online presence. Often, cults are very, very small groups with a very, very charismatic leader(s). I do agree that without access to money or some type of desirable-to-the-group assets, John is not an ideal mark.

Too bad there is no more news. Reminder to read all of this post: Missing Persons Cases Network

Me too. However I do wonder why he wanted to be in DC so long. Virginia is so much nicer!

Maybe he was in a retreat type of thing, avoiding outside influence for six months? I’ve had the good fortune to visit both; I think I’d agree with you!

At least he’s safe. His mum and sister can relax (after he’s been smacked for causing them to worry!) and we can devote ourselves to the (sadly) never ending list of the missing and unidentified.

Maybe he was in a retreat type of thing, avoiding outside influence for six months? I’ve had the good fortune to visit both; I think I’d agree with you!

At least he’s safe. His mum and sister can relax (after he’s been smacked for causing them to worry!) and we can devote ourselves to the (sadly) never ending list of the missing and unidentified.
He missed his sister's wedding after promising to be there just a few weeks earlier, so his family was justifiably worried. After that he did send them a message about being fine, but the suspicion was already there. He was supposed to be on a short visit to the US. I'm still not sure if he's in contact with his family or is planning to return, but that's easier to deal with than the thought of something bad happening to him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back