DC - Kevin Sutherland, 24, murdered on Metro train, Washington, 4 July 2015

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by sonjay, Jul 8, 2015.

1. sonjay

sonjay New Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...b-11e5-b72c-2b7d516e1e0e_story.html?tid=sm_fb

Police and a witness interviewed said passengers trapped in the moving train huddled at both ends of the car and watched in horror as Spires punched 24-year-old Kevin Joseph Sutherland until he fell to the floor, then stabbed him until he was dead. Court documents say the victim was cut or stabbed 30 or 40 times, in the chest, abdomen, back, side and arms. Police said the assailant then threw the victim’s cellphone and returned to stomp on Sutherland’s body.

D.C. police arrested Spires on Monday morning after a citywide manhunt and charged him with first-degree murder

Spires, who had attended a private college in North Carolina but was no longer enrolled, was previously arrested most recently on Thursday when police said he accosted a man on Wisconsin Avenue in Friendship Heights and later kicked two officers as they tried to handcuff him. Police had forwarded to prosecutors charges that included felony robbery, but because nothing was taken from the man, the U.S. attorney’s office said there was insufficient evidence to support the charge. Prosecutors instead charged Spires with misdemeanor assault, and he was freed from custody Friday.

2. Loading...

3. cuffem

cuffem Active Member

Can you have a concealed carry in DC,just wondering?
    RIP Kevin.

4. Han

Han reg user

Senseless brutality. It almost seems he was building up to the fatal attack. No word on if he knew the victim?

5. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN New Member

[​IMG]

I'm sorry it's so large, I'm not sure why. I just wanted to post a picture of the victim. RIP Kevin. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Prayers for his family and friends.

6. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN New Member

Tragic loss of a young life who was engaged and contributing to society.

7. Frigga

Frigga New Member

Thanks for posting a picture of the victim, LabordayRN. RIP Kevin, the world lost a good guy it seems when we lost you!

8. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN New Member

Isn't that the truth. I hope the monster that did this will never walk among us again.

9. bwt42

bwt42 New Member

Another promising young man killed by a ****.

10. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/140047471-story

11. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Forum Coordinators