DC - Officer Stephen Johns, 39, killed in Holocaust Museum shooting, 10 June 2009

I can't take this type of hatred at all.

It makes me sick.....

I've never been able to understand this type of hatred, either. Where on earth does it come from? I'm really afraid there could be another Holocaust some day. People are that irrational, that crazy.

WTF? Why is the Wiki site removed along with others?

What aren't we supposed to know here?

I hate it when that stuff gets removed and we aren't allowed to see for ourselves.

This guy is a white supremacist who hates blacks, jews and govt. He has a RECORD - served 6 years in prison for trying to "house arrest" people at the Federal Reserve.

He is a well known blogger on sites such as those linked above (Stormfront) and has his own racist, antigovernment site.

If it weren't for the quick action of the other security guards, many more could have been killed. The poor security guard who was killed was a black man, and probably the first guard to confront him. Von Brunn was barely in the door before he was downed.

His ex-wife is going to be on the news tomorrow. (too bad somebody didn't call police or turn him in before this happened).

They are removing everything from the web because they want to make sure no one else was connected to this or knew about this being about to happen.

Spitting tacks over this one. A racist hate-monger has shot and killed a security guard at the Holocaust museum in Washington, Steven Tyrone Johns.

"James von Brunn allegedly tried to make one last statement Thursday, opening fire with a rifle and mortally wounding a security guard before he himself was taken down."

When will this stop?!?!

Deepest sympathy goes to Mr Johns' friends and family.

[Edit: Guard's name is listed as Stephen Tyrone Jones in some sources.]

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...own-guard-at-holocaust-museum/article1176549/

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE5595DA20090611?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/video/witness-describes-shooting-at-holocaust-museum/article1176880/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/video/holocaust-museum-shooting/article1176586/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8094076.stm

Spitting tacks over this one. A racist hate-monger has shot and killed a security guard at the Holocaust museum in Washington, Steven Tyrone Johns.

"James von Brunn allegedly tried to make one last statement Thursday, opening fire with a rifle and mortally wounding a security guard before he himself was taken down."

When will this stop?!?!

Deepest sympathy goes to Mr Johns' friends and family.

[Edit: Guard's name is listed as Stephen Tyrone Jones in some sources.]

Ummm... this post started as a thread I started, as I didn't notice one had already begun. I'm not usually such a Captain Obvious. :blushing:

I just can't read it. My blood pressure goes up and up and up.

I got to the bit about him being convicted by a 'negro/jew' jury and that was that.

He is a WWII veteran. Apparently watching his comrades die in battle only fueled his hatred of....well everyone who isn't white.

Crazy!

This guy seems to have been a fairly well-known neo-nazi. He was imprisoned at the age of 61 for attempting to kidnap members of the Federal Reserve. With so much focus on "homeland security," wouldn't you think LE, at some level, was keeping an eye on him? Sheesh. Maybe we should be focusing a little closer to the "homeland."

This guy seems to have been a fairly well-known neo-nazi. He was imprisoned at the age of 61 for attempting to kidnap members of the Federal Reserve. With so much focus on "homeland security," wouldn't you think LE, at some level, was keeping an eye on him? Sheesh. Maybe we should be focusing a little closer to the "homeland."

Such is the problem when "terrorist" becomes erroneously synonymous with "Muslim." How quickly they forgot Tim McVeigh.

And if anyone is interested in how home grown terrorists are nurtured, even without neo-nazi beginnings... just watch the docu "Jesus Camp"! that scared me to death! Then compare and contrast the kids brought up in that environment with the kids in the other docu PAPER CLIPS

Such is the problem when "terrorist" becomes erroneously synonymous with "Muslim." How quickly they forgot Tim McVeigh.

I have to agree. We should be looking a bit closer to home on many fronts. IMO

He's a MD eastern shore resident... even though the guard and shooter were taken to the hospital, the museum is surrounded by LOADS and I mean LOADS of LE and security.

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

I'm in MD (Western Shore/Metro Baltimore). At the risk of offending anyone on the Eastern Shore, it makes sense that he lives there with his skin-crawling belief system. The ES is still very rural in many areas, and most locals view anyone not born there as "furiners" (foreigners). They aren't tolerant of folks not like them, and I don't believe that all of the white residents have embraced the concepts of civil rights and racial equality. JMHO and flame me if you want. I'm a MD native and I know of what I speak.

I've been to the Holocaust Museum (should be a mandatory trip for anyone within a 200-mile radius of DC), and the security is extremely tight. On my visit, we were delayed about 45 minutes before we could enter because there was some type of security issue.

The shooter must have been on a some kind of "mission" to choose this site at his age. Maybe this was his last hurrah. Maybe he wanted to go down and take a few of his "enemies" with him. Hopefully his venomous rhetoric will have the opposite effect and offend so many people that it spurs a little more tolerance.

My condolences to the murdered guard's family.

This man is not crazy! He is the epitome of evil, highly intelligent (a member of Mensa), yet highly ignorant. He is a demon straight from the pit of hell, completely filled with hate. I must agree with Tom Clancy, the man is an *advertiser censored*!
http://israelinsider.ning.com/forum/topics/tom-clancy-holocaust-museum

You misunderstand me. I would never dismiss someone like this as "crazy," as this diminishes the problem. What is crazy, however, is the fact that he was a WWII vet and yet still a fascist. I am sorry I didn't make my meaning more clear.

And if anyone is interested in how home grown terrorists are nurtured, even without neo-nazi beginnings... just watch the docu "Jesus Camp"! that scared me to death! Then compare and contrast the kids brought up in that environment with the kids in the other docu PAPER CLIPS

I think I almost had a stroke when I watched Jesus Camp

For those of you who haven't seen Paper Clips here is a link to the documentary. Is it really well made and such a touching story.

http://www.paperclipsmovie.com/synopsis.php

I think I almost had a stroke when I watched Jesus Camp

For those of you who haven't seen Paper Clips here is a link to the documentary. Is it really well made and such a touching story.

http://www.paperclipsmovie.com/synopsis.php

A moving and beautiful story. I cried my eyes out. It was very well made as stated above. Everyone should see it.

The Jesus Camp really was a movie that should not be missed either. I would have had a stroke if I was not informed prior to what was going to occur in the movie.

Brunn should not have even been a free person all these years. Nothing worse than someone who has served our country turning out to be this type of person. Hatred and ignorance is what he is about. He is a murderer and is evil. Yes, he is ignorant even tho he is a member of Mensa. He should not be able to breathe the same air as the people he so hates. This is not a human being, it is a monster. :curses: Neo-Nazi !

GB Stephen Jones and his family. He had worked at the museum for 6 years. I think he has children. He just goes to work one morning and encounters pure evil and his death. It is so unfair. His race have suffered misery and indignities as well as the Jewish people. It is beyond me how any person could ever feel entitled to own another human being.

The Holocaust Museum is a very sad, yet very interesting place. It will hurt you to the core and make you cry. You would never forget it and would come away from there realizing and knowing that we are so fortunate to have our country where this type of thing does not happen. It surely humbled me. I have a daughter and grandchildren in the Northern Va. area so I have been there 3 times in the past. My daughter and myself take the kids to most of the museums in D.C. because the suburb she lives in is approximately 10 miles from there. I absolutely love D.C. and the Northern Virginia area.

And the sick SOB that shot him will probably live, right....as to continue his reign of terror and spew his hatred....this just pisses me off!
Better he lives so he can be prosecuted for his crimes and die in prison rather than get off Scott-free by murder-suicide!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

So senseless. This guy was in his 80's, you would think he'd be winding down from hating. Ready to die with some dignity. Making amends.

I did not know he was in Mensa. Sometimes when someone is super smart, their weirdness interferes with social relationships and hatred is born. It makes me think of the unibomber.

The Holocaust has always saddened me. I did my high school term paper on it and was greatly affected by it. I read that he started hating Jewish people in high school because someone played a gag on him with his yearbook picture. They posted untrue achievements and made it seem like he was a liar- he was humiliated and suspected a Jewish classmate.

This man believed in 911 conspiracies and had a list of people who he hated. Blacks, Jews, politicians. I even heard tonight that Bill O'Reilley was on the hate list. My prayers go out to the security guard, he was around my age and probably had a family, senseless.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back