DC - Pvt. Allen Adams, 20, Washington DC, 31 July 1967

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by PFF, Jan 20, 2008.

1. PFF

PFF New Member

Years ago on the News there was a 1980's {?} report that tearing down a washington DC restruanant were found the remains which were found to have been a supposed AWOL soldier from Ft Meyers{?} who gone missing in the mid/late 1960's. I think the case was featured on either "Unsolved Mysteries" or "AMW".

2. Loading...

3. PFF

PFF New Member

4. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F70F16FF34590C768CDDAB0894DF494D81

Published: February 5, 1997

Long Missing and Long Misjudged, a Soldier Is Buried

I don't see any follow up articles for the investigation.

Rest in Peace Pfc. Allen L. Adams, thank you for your service to our Country.

5. Richard

Richard New Member

I recall this case. He was a member of the Third Infantry at Forth Meyers, VA. That is the unit which renders military honors at the Tomb of the Unknowns and at military funerals at Arlington National Cemetery.

He went missing in 1967 and was subsequently declared a deserter. Of course, some thirty years later, his body was found and it was aparent that he had been murdered. He was buried with full military honors.

6. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

Thank you Richard. Our Vets have a very special place in my heart, I admit it is because I am, myself, a military wife of almost 20 years. But also, because I am a military Mom now. That, in of itself, is a much different experience than a wife.

God bless our Vets.