DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollye

Reaction score
Relisha Tenau Rudd Reported Missing From SE D.C.

Relisha Tenau Rudd was last seen in the 1900 block of Massachusetts Avenue SE. She is likely with someone known to the family and has not been returned to her mother.
Relisha is 4 feet tall and weighs 70 to 80 pounds. She has black hair, brown eyes and a medium complexion. Police say she may be in need of medication.

She may be traveling in one of the two vehicles, Both of which belong to the family. Authorities are not calling this an abduction.

AJrJDyn.jpg

One is a burgundy Chevy Trail Blazer SUV with a Redskins sticker in the back window and DC tags KAHLIL". The other is a black Honda Accord sedan with DC tags "EN 2051".

A command center has been set up at the old DC General Hospital at off of Massachusetts Avenue SE.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-Reported-Missing-From-SE-DC--251168541.html#

And NBC 4 morning news.

timeline and media thread

thread #1

WPGC 95.5 ‏@WPGC 1m
#RelishaRudd: Police determined K. Tatum was near Kenilworth Park for 2 hours a few weeks ago, source tells @WNEW.

https://twitter.com/WPGC

Continue here: there is to be an update/presser at 1pm local time (est)

The Washington Post has a powerful story out today with many new details on the disappearance of eight-year-old Relisha Rudd, who's believed to have been kidnapped by a janitor at the D.C. General shelter, where she and her mother were staying. There were clearly plenty of failures here: on the part of the girl's mother, who lied about Relisha's whereabouts as her school absences piled up and even after she vanished; of workers at D.C. General, who didn't notice that her suspected captor was giving her gifts and spending lots of time with her; of city social workers, who noted abuse and deplorable conditions back when Relisha was just an infant but allowed her to remain at home.

But the story also highlights just how entrenched life has become for many families at D.C. General, which was initially intended just as a temporary, seasonal shelter for homeless families. Yet as affordable housing has grown scarce and the city has struggled to find apartments for families at D.C. General to move into, stays at the shelter have grown longer and longer. The city generally places families into shelter only during extreme weather (mostly during the winter), but allows them to remain until they've found stable housing. As the number of homeless families in the city has swelled, D.C. General has remained full throughout the year. It began this winter at capacity, forcing the city to shelter families in motels and recreation centers. And with more families now in shelter than the city will likely be able to move into other housing by next winter, it's probable that we'll again see the city scrambling to improvise shelter as colder temperatures set in later this year.
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...ed-life-for-families-at-troubled-d-c-general/

more at link

Here now. Drove the entire perimeter around the entrances. The park is closed off with yellow crime scene tape, and there are at least 25-30 police cars, some unmarked. The press is gathering in a few different spots trying to get glimpses of what is going on.

I have my camera with my birding zoom lens with me that is about 14 inches long, but I can't see anyone on the ground. Must be further back in the park.

It looks very serious here. :(

I hope I am wrong but when I heard that Tatum was wanted for the murder of his wife I thought Relisha was lost. Tatum has already killed someone what is one more?

I won't start again on how I despise Relisha's mother and some of her maternal relatives because I just get enraged. And NO I don't give any of those adults a pass because they may have had horrible lives.

This tragedy happened because of adult parasites driven by sloth and greed.

Please if this thread has medical people on it can someone explain how a one year old can have headaches? How can a one year old articulate that she is having a headache or how does a 'grandma' or 'mom' interrupt that the infant is suffering from a headache? None of my kids had headaches until they were in high school. Then they started to eat junk, or skip meals and run ragged trying to cram for tests. I don't believe the headache story from these people. I think they made that up to lay the groundwork for why now Relisha missed so much school. I can BELIEVE Relisha started to have headaches if Tatum was assaulting her.

IMO that little girl didn't stand a chance as long as she remained with her 'family'.

Here now. Drove the entire perimeter around the entrances. The park is closed off with yellow crime scene tape, and there are at least 25-30 police cars, some unmarked. The press is gathering in a few different spots trying to get glimpses of what is going on.

I have my camera with my birding zoom lens with me that is about 14 inches long, but I can't see anyone on the ground. Must be further back in the park.

News 4 reported this search could take days even weeks. :(

abc7 seem to be focusing on an area along a fence line by a large tree.

Lots of vans moving cadets from large staging area to another area of the park.
It's not small, more like a nature preserve in some areas.

there is video at above link.. I did not watch it yet but looks like they are in the tree line?

I think someone posted that the FBI had left this scene?

If Tatum was spotted in that park for two hours was he alone? If this lead came from surveillance video was he seen returning at a later date? w/wo Relisha?

I think someone posted that the FBI had left this scene?

If Tatum was spotted in that park for two hours was he alone? If this lead came from surveillance video was he seen returning at a later date? w/wo Relisha?

upstream it says phone pings iirc

I hope I am wrong but when I heard that Tatum was wanted for the murder of his wife I thought Relisha was lost. Tatum has already killed someone what is one more?

I won't start again on how I despise Relisha's mother and some of her maternal relatives because I just get enraged. And NO I don't give any of those adults a pass because they may have had horrible lives.

This tragedy happened because of adult parasites driven by sloth and greed.

Please if this thread has medical people on it can someone explain how a one year old can have headaches? How can a one year old articulate that she is having a headache or how does a 'grandma' or 'mom' interrupt that the infant is suffering from a headache? None of my kids had headaches until they were in high school. Then they started to eat junk, or skip meals and run ragged trying to cram for tests. I don't believe the headache story from these people. I think they made that up to lay the groundwork for why now Relisha missed so much school. I can BELIEVE Relisha started to have headaches if Tatum was assaulting her.

IMO that little girl didn't stand a chance as long as she remained with her 'family'.

BBM

Let me say, first off, that I don't believe anything these people say about this precious girl's headaches, but to answer your question:

My youngest (of 5) daughter is 16. She has suffered from migraines for most of her life. We didn't know what was wrong until she was 3 or so.... She would be on the floor screaming that her sisters were kicking her in her head.

I have taken her to ENT's, Neurologists, Acupuncturists, Dentists, Naturopaths, Psychiatrists, and everything in between. She has had CT scans, MRI's, nasal scopes, and many other tests done with no answers.

We had her tonsils and adenoids removed at age 10, and almost lost her due to complications from the anesthesia.

You know the one thing I never tried for her headaches?? GIVING HER TO A JANITOR!!!!!! SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff