DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
this story is from May 1th but I do not think I read it back then. I did read one that was kindly linked about Relisha's biological father Irving Rudd but do not think it was the particular article. If it has been seen already apologies for necro-ing an old story.

Now Rudd is trying to get custody of his biological son, age 7, and his son’s half brothers, ages 5 and 4, who have been in foster care since March.

It is now up to D.C. Superior Court Magistrate Judge Janet Albert to determine if the children will stay in foster care or if Rudd will be given sole custody.

http://rollingout.com/news/relisha-rudd-update-father-murdered-daughter-1992-wants-custody-brothers/

Absolutely beautiful wendiesan! :tears:
:praying:
:candle:
#SweetDreamsRelisha

One of your recent posts, in which you said that there are times you watch your daughters enjoying themselves and cry because that's not the case for Relisha, moved me. The poem was my response to that post--because I shared your feelings, and wished that somehow I could bring comfort to this little girl. Some of the words are from an old lullaby that I remember my grandmother singing to my siblings, but the rest are my own for Relisha.

Thank you Kimi.

One of your recent posts, in which you said that there are times you watch your daughters enjoying themselves and cry because that's not the case for Relisha, moved me. The poem was my response to that post--because I shared your feelings, and wished that somehow I could bring comfort to this little girl. Some of the words are from an old lullaby that I remember my grandmother singing to my siblings, but the rest are my own for Relisha.

Thank you Kimi.

:heartluv:

#FindRelisha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luminarias lit by my BabyGirls tonight for you Relisha.

All around the world, hearts are aflame with love. The pursuit of justice and truth in your name continues.

You are cared for and missed. :heartluv:

May God wrap His loving arm around you tonight, wherever you are.

Counting the days until you are found safe.

:praying:

#FindRelisha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how they can solve this case or move forward at all?? Tatum is dead, so no prosecuting him. Yes we know a few others could be charged for crimes, but can they be linked to her disappearance, and by what seems like from LE, her death?

Even if her body is found, it would give her a proper burial, but justice?? Not seeing how.

Now, if she's found alive somewhere, I guess they could charge whoever has her, and whoever was involved, but if Tatum was the perp. then what??

I honestly feel like we're at a road block. I don't know where else we can go, or what can be done. If she's in a landfill, well, she won't be found. If someone stumbles upon her remains, then what??

I wonder how they can solve this case or move forward at all?? Tatum is dead, so no prosecuting him. Yes we know a few others could be charged for crimes, but can they be linked to her disappearance, and by what seems like from LE, her death?

Even if her body is found, it would give her a proper burial, but justice?? Not seeing how.

Now, if she's found alive somewhere, I guess they could charge whoever has her, and whoever was involved, but if Tatum was the perp. then what??

I honestly feel like we're at a road block. I don't know where else we can go, or what can be done. If she's in a landfill, well, she won't be found. If someone stumbles upon her remains, then what??

I feel you Hope . It seems a roadblock. But I tell you , I just am not convinced Tatum acted alone. I am hopeful that one or more of the MANY adults who failed, injured, neglected, loathed, rejected and ultimately victimized this sweet girl will see their day in court. :please:

I agree with you Hope. There will be no real resolve here, seems like the perfect crime was committed. I have a hard time believing Tatum did kill Relisha, I have no idea why but I do. Killing an adult and killing a child are on different spectrums of the murder playing field. Most criminals don't cross over to rape or murder of children, they just don't. I think Tatum killed himself because he didn't want to go back to prison, not because he felt guilty - he had served a long sentence prior to this and I'm sure he swore off ever having to go back.

I do think Relisha's mom / grandmother and auntie will be charged though, if for nothing else than obstructing justice. I believe there is a time frame they are waiting on because they haven't actively declared Relisha deceased but they believe her to be a victim of homicide. There's a lot not being said in this case and I always take that meaning there is a lot we aren't privy too and that they are holding close to their vest.

I do think it's a great thing KW is out of the picture (hope he remains that way) as it now allows no more interruption and maybe people will start blabbing. the streets talk and there's always someone getting arrested and wanting to cooperate on a case that won't get themselves or their friends in direct trouble *no one likes a narcotics snitch but it's OK to snitch when it comes to anything that harmed a child*. Sadly no one is going to go to LE until they absolutely have to, that's just the way the streets and criminal lifestyle works.

I don't believe he intentionally killed her. I think he killed her through a sexual act. Either injured and he couldn't take her to the ER or a doc, and feared returning her to her family. So either the injury killed her, or he killed her because of the injury. Afterall, IMO, Relisha was worth more to him alive. But...that's just my feeling. We may never know. Which is terrible.

:please: let today be the day! They're coming for you baby girl. Hold on!

Not sure if this has been posted on an earlier thread. If so, please scroll on.

FYI: The article by AFRO staff was published May 07. 2014. Focus is on the question of whether her homelessness, the conditions at "the trap house" (Relisha's name for the shelter) actually put her in more danger.

I was saddened, but not too surprised to read about the obvious breaches of security that happened at the shelter. Not meant to be place to raise a family, but it could have been so much better.

I truly hope Relisha's little brothers will never, never, never be inside that place again.

https://www.afro.com/sections/news/washington/story.htm?storyid=82592

Not sure if this has been posted on an earlier thread. If so, please scroll on.

FYI: The article by AFRO staff was published May 07. 2014. Focus is on the question of whether her homelessness, the conditions at "the trap house" (Relisha's name for the shelter) actually put her in more danger.

I was saddened, but not too surprised to read about the obvious breaches of security that happened at the shelter. Not meant to be place to raise a family, but it could have been so much better.

I truly hope Relisha's little brothers will never, never, never be inside that place again.

https://www.afro.com/sections/news/washington/story.htm?storyid=82592

Oh , my heart just fell. I havent' really given much thought to the condition of the family's living experience since Relisha 'disappeared'. Yes, I agree. May her brothers never know these horrors.

Fing Relisha !!!!!!!!!

just my daily check in for news sans experience. Carry on my friends :)

aLTHOUGH i READ SEVERAL OTHER STORIES IN THAT aFRO.COM LINK, SORRY. But I can't find Relisha related story. Can someone help point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back