DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much rage & anger ... and to wait 10 years?!? I wonder if DW was getting bad employment references from AIW ... found out through JW (knowingly or unknowingly) about the S family lifestyle & it triggered all the rage & anger - that he is unemployed and can't get a job because of AIW. JMO. Something happened that triggered this to be put into motion.

It's his brother or cousin who recently was being let go iirc. A risk assessment expert in security or LE reported as saying would be v. unusual for disgruntled employee to seek revenge ten yrs. later by targeting boss or even wait five yrs. (since his mania near the company with the machete). I think "someone" happened to put this into motion. JMO

I was having difficulty imagining a woman being involved in such a horrendous killing spree till you mentioned Jodi Arias. Also women were accomplices to the Sharon Tate murder. Evil has no gender bias.

Iirc, in the SW LE says 'they believe" this or that etc. Did they state it as a fact in the SWs that they know he had help? Sometimes what LE first believes does not become the case once the investigation goes further. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out he is the only one involved. I don't think he had to have help or even needed help. Others who have done these same things didn't have help and they did it solely on their own.

Joseph Duncan had no trouble controlling 5 people inside the Greone home. He controlled by fear and took advantage of the love he knew the family would have for each other.

All Wint had to do is use Philip to control all of the others into being compliant.

IMO

I'm also not convinced that the eyewitness sighting was accurate about all of the details given how unreliable eyewitnesses can be, so I am taking everything about it ( the time, the location, the driver, the car) with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you're saying but the witness provided a pretty accurate description of a green vest, which was found in the burning Porsche. It's like the couple who say they encountered the two escaped convicts........makes you go "hmmmm" until they say they had a guitar case with them. No one knew that. You know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something obvious just occurred to me. It was probably not unusual for SS to move large quantities of cash, which is why no red flags were raised. But how would DW know this? Isn;t the usual ransom request accompanied by a warning "bring the money and don't call the police or X will die." As far as we know, SS was not instructed to say this to the people gathering the money. Why wouldn't he have been told to include a warning like that unless the perps knew it wasn't needed. Because if they didn't know he moved cash around, I would think the perps would have assumed the request would have set off alarms.

Of course SS might have told the perps himself that such a warning wasn't needed. Or perhaps it was given and his employees heeded it and didn't call the police, though JW wouldn't have sent such flip texts about the money if he knew what it was for in this scenario. The accountant could have assumed JW would think it was business as usual.

Still, this omission points to an insider, I think. With all the usual caveats that there's more we don;t know about teh evidence the police are gathering than we do.

As I scoured the MD & DC Court records for DDW, his brother Darrell, and JTW, I found an interesting commonality. Both the Wint brothers were ticketed NUMEROUS times for No Plates, No Registration or plates belonging to a different car/person. It's tedious but if you look at their vehicle information, on multiple charges, you will see the same vehicles but with many different license plate #s. Once, it appears that Wint had Temporary tags that didn't match his vehicle. The one ticket that appears for JTW was for No License Plates. So, it's obvious that tampering with Vehicle IDs and paperwork was an habitual occurrence for the Wint Brothers and JTW was caught once for doing the same thing.
Wow! Questions: if the plate did not match, no plates, no reg and this implied tampering with vehicle documentation, why the heck would they just be cited and let go rather than investigated for possible involvement in auto theft? Maybe it was thought they were covering up not having registered the vehicles or hx of unpaid tickets that would get them pulled over.
As to JTW: You saw the actual record, so your info. is better than mine. Let me confirm--JTW also cited for no plates? I read somewhere it was for "no front or rear tags." Maybe means the same thing.
Why does anyone drive a car with no license plates?

I see the SW return has been release. I can't find a link to it yet.

I found it interesting LE took the garage door operators or openers. (hard to read the writting)

Return warrant in #MansionMurders: Cops recovered, matches, lighters, weapons, pizza, and drink containers.

https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan

Iirc, in the SW LE says 'they believe" this or that etc. Did they state it as a fact in the SWs that they know he had help? Sometimes what LE first believes does not become the case once the investigation goes further. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out he is the only one involved. I don't think he had to have help or even needed help. Others who have done these same things didn't have help and they did it solely on their own.
Joseph Duncan had no trouble controlling 5 people inside the Greone home. He controlled by fear and took advantage of the love he knew the family would have for each other.

All Wint had to do is use Philip to control all of the others into being compliant.

IMO

Although LE did not state as fact that DW not alone, iirc a court document states the crimes would have "required" assistance. I took this claim to mean evidence at the crime scene led investigators to believe more than one perpetrator.

BTK managed handily to gain the compliance of two children and two parents--the father had been a boxer in the army and an instructor in martial arts, his wife a black belt. BTK, well, look at any photo of him.

But the continuing contention that DW not alone stands out to me. Yes, investigators had contended no forced entry and we know where that went.

She would be speaking Spanish.......husband said she didn't speak very good English. I'm DW doesn't speak Spanish.......probably not English either. [emoji14]

Meant to quote XANTHE about why VG didn't call her husband instead of SS. Sorry!

I think the key to all of this is that it wasn't unusual for SS to move large quantities of cash. Its the only explanation for why people behaved the way they did. And if DW knew this, it would have been the motive.
How would he know it? And if he did, he could have known it for years. Why now? JMO SS did not as a habit "move large quantities of cash." As others have pointed out, Savopoulos's had dogs, a gun, a sophisticated alarm system...and one visitor contended they had a "safe room." Also had a safe, so cash could have been kept on hand in the house rather than constantly being picked up and dropped off. JMO

And why would they not lend her a phone and let her call her husband herself? I think it was worded to cause suspicion and was a clue . But who would ever suspect something like this even if they found it weird .

She spoke Spanish. Not very good English according to her husband.

I see what you're saying but the witness provided a pretty accurate description of a green vest, which was found in the burning Porsche. It's like the couple who say they encountered the two escaped convicts........makes you go "hmmmm" until they say they had a guitar case with them. No one knew that. You know?

Oh, I'm not saying everything (or even anything) about the witness' account is wrong. I'm just saying that memory in general is much less reliable than we feel it is based on our subjective experience. There are all kinds of phenomena that cause people to omit very major things from memory, like another passenger, or dreadlocks. I think you're right about the vest, though. It is extremely unlikely that someone would spontaneously confabulate that detail for no reason without some sort of leading questioning, and together with the vests in the garage, it's very suggestive. I just think we can't necessarily take everything a witness says as gospel, even if they are smart and well-intentioned.

Although LE did not state as fact that DW not alone, iirc a court document states the crimes would have "required" assistance. I took this claim to mean evidence at the crime scene led investigators to believe more than one perpetrator.

BTK managed handily to gain the compliance of two children and two parents--the father had been a boxer in the army and an instructor in martial arts, his wife a black belt. BTK, well, look at any photo of him.

But the continuing contention that DW not alone stands out to me. Yes, investigators had contended no forced entry and we know where that went.

It's tricky, that's for sure. I keep wondering why no one else has been arrested yet and then I start thinking that maybe DW DID do it all by himself. It's certainly possible, but after the report that a bloody bat was found at the scene too, I go back to thinking multiple people are involved. That makes more than one weapon, which to me, sounds like more than one person.

jmo

I see the SW return has been release. I can't find a link to it yet.

I found it interesting LE took the garage door operators or openers. (hard to read the writting)

I found it interesting that they found drink "containers" -- multiple. Looking for the link.

Financial documents
Currency (interesting)
vehicles & related items
BUCKETS
structural materials (?)
matender (? can anyone read that?) relating to surveillance system & digital storage

I found it interesting that they found drink "containers" -- multiple. Looking for the link.

Me too, also interesting that on this list were buckets.

And the first item listed: photographs...wonder photographs of what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea