DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Most likely young. The alleged perp in the hoodie was moving fast. I bet he is a teen, or early twenties. Add to that an apparent fondness for domino's pizza, and I think we are dealing with a bunch of young perps.
This is my thought as well and why I wondered if it's someone young Philip knew or was associated with

I just want to pause for a moment to think about SS. When this case first hit the news and I learned about the family's wealth, I assumed that some dirt would come out about his business dealings. After all, it's Washington DC and crookedness and influence wouldn't be out of place. But nothing has emerged negative about him or his business. There might be a lawsuit, but that's not particularly unusual in the course of doing business. This man seems to be what he looks like in his photos - a smart man who made a success in his life and who cares about his family. To the end, I think, he was trying to use his smarts and strength to protect others.

My sincere condolences to his daughters and the rest of the family. They suffered a great, great loss.

what's wrong with the sentence grammatically? I'd say that in a text were I trying to make doubly sure the recipient was absolutely not coming. Maybe she wanted the response to be "why not?"

"There were a lot of video cameras around the house, but the only video police have been able to release is a shadowy tape of a figure running, apparently near the scene where a suspect torched the Savopoulos' Porsche on Annapolis Road in Prince George's County."

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...tured-before-murders-and-fire-in-dc/27643991/

BBM

It states "able" to release. Yes, I'm a nitpicker. It does not state "the only video available". I have no doubt that there are lots of video footage of these creeps.

Philip is too young, he is only 10.
Most children that age don't associate with older teens.

"There were a lot of video cameras around the house, but the only video police have been able to release is a shadowy tape of a figure running, apparently near the scene where a suspect torched the Savopoulos' Porsche on Annapolis Road in Prince George's County."

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...tured-before-murders-and-fire-in-dc/27643991/

BBM

It states "able" to release. Yes, I'm a nitpicker. It does not state "the only video available". I have no doubt that there are lots of video footage of these creeps.

There have been other reports saying there was no security video from the home (even though there are cameras), and that perp might have disabled the cameras.

Philip is too young, he is only 10.
Most children that age don't associate with older teens.
His school goes to grade 12. He has older sisters and is into go-karting. I bet he did associate with older teens.

Someone from the bank may have even made the delivery, although I would hope that they wouldn't just leave that much money on the doorstep.

Some banks have "executive services" for high-end clients where they have a representative assigned to them to handle their transactions if requested. Particularly in the DC area, I'm betting this type of service is popular, due to the wealthy residents and political connections, etc. Since Mr. S was the CEO of a business, and was opening another business, pulling out large amounts of money may not have been unusual.

If a bank employee leaked the news, they should be penalized harshly for that. I doubt a niece would be involved with that, and if they were (for example, if the family called them to get them some cash) then I also doubt they would be posting in some random comments section about it.

Family members, particularly if wealthy, would be scared to death that they might be targets too, right?

Be careful. This exact scenario happened in my peaceful neighborhood. Two men knocked on a resident's front door in utility uniforms, saying there was a suspected gas leak and they needed to get into the back yard - on a Sunday morning. Once in the back yard, the third perp arrived and they entered the home from the unlocked back door with guns drawn and held the couple on the floor at gunpoint while ransacking for cash and jewelry. They did not shoot anybody thank goodness. This is a very upscale quiet area with large lawns and lovely homes. Neighbors know each other. We always think we are safe, but - maybe we are just easier targets because of that. Call the utility before opening ANY door to people to make sure it is real.

A couple of years ago we had a nicely dressed young attractive woman come to our door when I was here alone. I didn't allow her inside. I stepped outside on the porch where she was. She told me she was with an organization that helps the elderly who have hearing problems. She asked me if I knew of anyone and I said 'no'. We have a long driveway and everyone that comes here drives up close to our home. I noticed she had parked her white vehicle at the start of the driveway where the street is. I also noticed there were two guys in the car with her.

A couple of days later our neighbors down the street were robbed. The suspects were one female and two males driving a white vehicle. She came up to that home like she had ours and asked to come in and they let her. While she was in the living room talking to them the two guys came in their backdoor and stole from them. They found the two males and they were arrested. They couldn't find the female who was working with them. Last year she was brazen enough to come back. I think she thought I wouldn't remember her but I did. This time she said she was selling soap products. I did not open the door that time and yelled through my security door that I couldn't open the door because of my two dogs. And believe me they were right at my feet barking at the top of their lungs. I no longer even go to the door to answer it if it isn't someone I know.

I did call the police immediately the last time she came and they were able to pick her up not far from our home and she did turnout to be the one that was in on the burglary of our neighbors. That is the only time I can even remember something criminal even happening in our neighborhood but nowadays no matter how safe it appears to be crimes can happen any and everywhere. There is no area immune.

I am wondering how the security cameras were disabled (if indeed they were, though it seems they must have been) without the disabling alerting the security company? Anyone know if this is a simple thing to do? I just thought disabling the cameras would set off some sort of alert with the security company. I'm assuming it's fairly high end system too.

There have been other reports saying there was no security video from the home (even though there are cameras), and that perp might have disabled the cameras.

True, but I'm sure there are plenty of surveillance cameras at the other homes in that area. We have one of ours pointed at the street in front of our home.

Forgive me if this has been posted already

According to Wagner, sources familiar with crime scene say that three of the victims - 46-year-old Savvas Savopoulos, his wife , 47-year-old Amy Savopoulos, and their 57-year-old housekeeper, Veralicia Figueroa - were all found dead in chairs and were doused with gasoline.

Their 10-year-old son, Philip Savopoulos, was found in bed, burned beyond recognition and with lacerations to his body.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/291146...ths?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

The early reports said that all 4 bodies were found on the second floor, IIRC. Maybe that's how they were able to order pizza? The first floor was quiet and "normal?"

His school goes to grade 12. He has older sisters and is into go-karting. I bet he did associate with older teens.

But just because a 10 year old is in school with older teens, doesn't mean older teens will play with a 10 year old.

You could just put black sticky tape over the camera face. Simple as that. The police were apparently checking the physical cameras earlier. Maybe they were working but showed black space.

I wonder if the older sisters had any angry ex boyfriends that wanted revenge upon them?

what's wrong with the sentence grammatically? I'd say that in a text were I trying to make doubly sure the recipient was absolutely not coming. Maybe she wanted the response to be "why not?"

At this point, it's just nitpicky. Previously, we were trying to figure out if Amy sent the text or someone else....before we really knew what was happening in the house.

But, anyway, the use of "you do not come" sounds like a phrasing some of my non-American-born friends use. I would expect Amy to say something more like "I'm making sure you aren't coming today" or even a completely different sentence like "Just a reminder not to come today" Or "Reminder - we don't need you to come today."

And the text went on to say something like - "come Monday or any other day but not today." Would a sophisticated woman like Amy say that? Or would she say like, "we'll schedule another day next week."

Yeah, all nit-picky, but the text sounds weird to my ears. Nothing to hang an entire case on, of course. And, it doesn't matter as much now anyway since in the beginning we didn't know as much as we do now about what was happening that morning!

But just because a 10 year old is in school with older teens, doesn't mean older teens will play with a 10 year old.
I didn't say play. I said associate. FYI. I have 2 teenage girls and an 11 yo boy. If I'm out with my son, friends of my daughter's will talk to him, swim with him at the beach, play video games with him at our house. My son also has friends his age with older siblings.

I bet Philip was more mature then the average 10 yo.

If they ordered pizza via the home phone, the police could have easily found out after reviewing phone records. If they ordered from a cell phone, that would help lead to the killers, unless they used a burner phone.

If they ordered online, they would have probably used one of the victims email addresses. I order from Dominos website myself, and you do get an email confirmation of the order, and sometimes even a follow up email asking for feedback. So the police could learn about that, too.

If the family had ordered from Dominos before, it might not have raised suspicions if they left the money in an envelope at the front door and asked to leave the pizza on the doorstep. They could have said they'd be in the shower or had to step out to run an errand or something.

Also, you might not eat Dominos, but millions of other adults do. I know everyone wants to be the first person to name a suspect or say "I told you so" later, but I don't think you can blame Philip's friends just because someone ordered Dominos pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks