DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the perpetrator find out where the victim lived?

In my 26 years as a regular employee at various places, I have been to an "open house" type celebration at an executive's home on exactly one occasion. Even then, she was retiring soon and moving. Furthermore, the victim was born in Greece, where ransom kidnappings of wealthy people or their family members is far more common than here. As a result, he could well have been more security concious than the average wealthy businessman in the DC area.

I wonder if there is another unwitting accomplice at the victim's company. Perhaps the perpetratrator approached an executive secretary at the firm and obtained the address? The fact that he is physically attractive may have helped in this situation.

How did the perpetrator find out where the victim lived?

In my 26 years as a regular employee at various places, I have been to an "open house" type celebration at an executive's home on exactly one occasion. Even then, she was retiring soon and moving. Furthermore, the victim was born in Greece, where ransom kidnappings of wealthy people or their family members is far more common than here. As a result, he could well have been more security concious than the average wealthy businessman in the DC area.

I wonder if there is another unwitting accomplice at the victim's company. Perhaps the perpetratrator approached an executive secretary at the firm and obtained the address? The fact that he is physically attractive may have helped in this situation.

You can find out where anyone lives simply by doing a search on the internet. All you need is a name. You don't need to approach anybody. You go onto a website, type in first and last name, and in about a minute you get an address.

I think that if JW was involved, he'd have been arrested already. JMO

The CNN special was very good and did tell a few things that I was not aware of.

I agree the special implied that others could be involved which has been speculated for some time.

I found it interesting that JW once lived in the same building as DW. And news that the cousin worked where DW worked too.

I am disappointed LE has not arrested anyone else but happy they at least have one of the perps. The extra prints beside the pizza was news to me. Seems a solid case against DW.

If others are involved I hope LE makes those arrests soon.

One player role may have been like "i will give you all the info you need but I am not going to go in the house".

No, JW's father lived in the same apartment complex as DW. I lived in the same apartment buildings/complexes with many people. For the most part I have no clue who they are. So DW and JW's father living in the same apartment complex a bunch of years ago doesn't prove they knew each other or ever met each other.

I haven't seen the report, so where were the extra prints found? Unfortunately crime scene was not pristine, so extra prints could be from firefighters (like the boot print they found on the door).

No, JW's father lived in the same apartment complex as DW. I lived in the same apartment buildings/complexes with many people. For the most part I have no clue who they are. So DW and JW's father living in the same apartment complex a bunch of years ago doesn't prove they knew each other or ever met each other.

I haven't seen the report, so where were the extra prints found? Unfortunately crime scene was not pristine, so extra prints could be from firefighters (like the boot print they found on the door).

It was on the CNN special show last night so no link because it was on TV show.

Thanks for correcting about JW father as they covered that part quick and I had trouble understanding who they were talking about that lived in the same apartment complex.

You are right it doesn't prove JW knew DW but they said they could have met and known each other from the apartment complex. They did say they have no other proof yet that they did indeed know each other. I bet LE is trying to establish a link if they did ever talk with one another.

As far as DW prints I don't remember what the second evidence was but it was in addition to the pizza box and they said that they have DW prints that he was at that house. 2 different sets of prints. 1 is pizza and something else

ETA. I may be confusing prints with DNA evidence too. 2 different sets of proof he was there. Could be DNA and not prints. I was watching ballgame at same time LOL

You can find out where anyone lives simply by doing a search on the internet. All you need is a name. You don't need to approach anybody. You go onto a website, type in first and last name, and in about a minute you get an address.

I forgot about those sites, but I am pretty low tech.

I am generally aware, however, that there services used by the wealthy that negate these sites by registering all tracing information (vehicles, property, credit cards, etc) to a holding company. As a result, any private searches done on the name will come back to "XYZ Holding Company Atlanta, Georgia".

Only law enforcement has access to the driver licenses data base.

I am generally aware, however, that there services used by the wealthy that negate these sites by registering all tracing information (vehicles, property, credit cards, etc) to a holding company. As a result, any private searches done on the name will come back to "XYZ Holding Company Atlanta, Georgia".

I don't think the S Family used that service to hide their home address. IIRC, a few here at WS googled and found their address on a few charity events they held at their home. They posted the event info on here when they found it. So it told us that the S family was not actively hiding their address. JMO

I don't think the S Family used that service to hide their home address. IIRC, a few here at WS googled and found their address on a few charity events they held at their home. They posted the event info on here when they found it. So it told us that the S family was not actively hiding their address. JMO

They probably had no clue the perp(s) were fixing to target them. They seemed like such a nice and generous family that they probably never even thought someone would target them.

This case is similar to the LA couple who ended up dead at the truck stop. There is a WS link for that under this same category. People just targeted them for greed purposes.

I think the motivation was solely money. I also think they expected to get more than what they got. I think the blue fancy car was another item they wanted in addition to the money but then decided it was too risky to keep it so torched it.

Its scary because we never know when someone decides to target us for things like money or a fancy item. I don't have much but I still get worried when I call up a plumber or electrician for work. I watch their eyes and as they glare at your things it makes you wonder if they want to rob you at a later date.

I wonder where that 'leftover ' thousands of dollars was found. Was it in a safe?

It is hard for me to understand why SS wouldn't have offered it up to DW if he knew he had more cash at hand there.

Gosh, seeing the photos of this beautiful, loving family, just ripped my heart out, all over again.

Thanks for the details. It is eerie how easy it can be to find people. The world has gotten so small. Whereas in the past, out of sight meant out of reach, today we are all essentially neighbors.

I wonder where that 'leftover ' thousands of dollars was found. Was it in a safe?

It is hard for me to understand why SS wouldn't have offered it up to DW if he knew he had more cash at hand there.
I have heard that they had two safes one in the home and the other in the garage. Some have theorized that this was a crime within a crime. If this is so perhaps what was in one of the safes was the actual thing they were after?

CNN's reporting hasn't been the most accurate, so I wonder if that's even true.

I put in SS's name and found the address in about 2 minutes. It wasn't hidden.

Thanks for the details. It is eerie how easy it can be to find people. The world has gotten so small. Whereas in the past, out of sight meant out of reach, today we are all essentially neighbors.

would that we all loved our neighbors as ourselves..........

Agree. Besides Wint's murderous mind. I think the S family didn't have to hide their address. It doesn't seem like they had to hide from other potential doings. They were just regular folks that congregated with folks like them. Who came across Wints crazy butt. Jmo

Does anyone remember when DW will be in court again? IIRC- it's the end of this month. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to know if anything besides money received from the bank was stolen. As I recall early on it was reported that whoever was involved also took banking papers. If only banking stuff was taken - bank account info and money from the bank account - that could have been the motive of whoever was in charge where they were getting revenge on the S family based on some perceived financial slight and the torture may have been directed by the planner or could have been those executing it deciding to do that on there own. I know of one person who could be interested on the financial side where they felt slighted by the S family, but that was many years ago before PS was even born, but I'm sure there's many other people out there who may feel like they've been financially slighted by the S family if for no other reason than because they dealt with so many people that a few of them would inevitably be nuts. If purely BoA money and paperwork was targeted, it would seem like whoever did this really felt like the money in that account belonged to them, like some statement was being made in what was not stolen - the closest analogy I can think of is from Treasure of the Sierra Madre where Dobbs and Curtin beat McCormick senseless and they only take the exact amount they were owed even though they could have taken thousands more where they made a statement in not taking any more than they did by throwing the leftover money at him once they agreed upon the exact amount they were due.

x

Good point. If I recall correctly, the home was not even in their name, but in a trust.

I don't think it would be difficult to find out where they lived. People talk. People follow people home....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam