DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your theory on the purpose of those gloves and backpacks?

jmo

It was then used in burglarizing AIW for something of no material value - say paperwork/small items incriminating a person or business - where only after going 40 miles away to AIW post-quadruple murder did DW then go to NY. Maybe there was an attempt at arson of AIW or an AIW theft we haven't heard about (which AFAIK DW wasn't found with anything valuable from AIW on him when he was arrested), but if neither of those things happened they were there on purpose for something besides arson or theft of valuables of AIW and had the means to go in and take small items without leaving fingerprints or have their hands full.

We know DW and DarrW purchased the backpacks at the Annapolis Rd. Walmart.
Do we know if they were found by LE?

Mrs. W, DW stepmother, stated in court the minivan ws gone on May 16. DW left May 17th for NY. I have not found the date it was torched. I guess it’ll come out soon.

JMO

It was then used in burglarizing AIW for something of no material value - say paperwork/small items incriminating a person or business - where only after going 40 miles away to AIW post-quadruple murder did DW then go to NY. Maybe there was an attempt at arson of AIW or an AIW theft we haven't heard about (which AFAIK DW wasn't found with anything valuable from AIW on him when he was arrested), but if neither of those things happened they were there on purpose for something besides arson or theft of valuables of AIW and had the means to go in and take small items without leaving fingerprints or have their hands full.

I wonder if, after robbing SS and not getting as much as hoped, DW went to the AIW office thinking that's must be where big-money cash is stashed. Maybe SS gave him that idea, hoping that alarms and such would catch him in the act of robbery. Maybe as a former employee, DW got the impression there was $$$ money at the office.

Weird he would leave the van near AIW, though. Did it break down or did he plan to torch in that location? And...who drove him away after it burned?

Now that I think about it, the AIW visit might not have been planned since they were buying gloves that night, which means they didn't already have them. Unless they had gloves but they burned in the mansion or car fire or they threw them out (what was in that bucket?). The backpacks were for the expected money they hoped to find?

The odd thing is that they would have the guts to go to AIW after killing AIW's owner and torching his house. Risky! Maybe the offices had security on alert and the Wints abandoned their plans to rob AIW?

Just thinking aloud, with thoughts all over the place.

jmo

I wonder if, after robbing SS and not getting as much as hoped, DW went to the AIW office thinking that's must be where big-money cash is stashed. Maybe SS gave him that idea, hoping that alarms and such would catch him in the act of robbery. Maybe as a former employee, DW got the impression there was $$$ money at the office.

Weird he would leave the van near AIW, though. Did it break down or did he plan to torch in that location? And...who drove him away after it burned?

Now that I think about it, the AIW visit might not have been planned since they were buying gloves that night, which means they didn't already have them. Unless they had gloves but they burned in the mansion or car fire or they threw them out (what was in that bucket?). The backpacks were for the expected money they hoped to find?

The odd thing is that they would have the guts to go to AIW after killing AIW's owner and torching his house. Risky! Maybe the offices had security on alert and the Wints abandoned their plans to rob AIW?

Just thinking aloud, with thoughts all over the place.

jmo

I think everything used in Phase 1 at the S home was used up where they then bought for Phase 2, which perhaps SS didn't cough up all the info until the very end. DW could have left the premises on the 14th to go elsewhere for whatever was sought, but it being incomplete or not there with SS not revealing everything until the moments before his death. Also given what we know about how things went down at the S house, any burglary of AIW would have taken great care to evade/disable the alarm system and whoever was involved would have keys/codes/badges necessary to carry it out. I don't think the van would have been set on fire if the mission to AIW was a failure, but was a sign of success just as the burning of the Porsche was a sign of success from the S house as that part was over with and it was now time to destroy evidence.

I think everything used in Phase 1 at the S home was used up where they then bought for Phase 2, which perhaps SS didn't cough up all the info until the very end. DW could have left the premises on the 14th to go elsewhere for whatever was sought, but it being incomplete or not there with SS not revealing everything until the moments before his death. Also given what we know about how things went down at the S house, any burglary of AIW would have taken great care to evade/disable the alarm system and whoever was involved would have keys/codes/badges necessary to carry it out. I don't think the van would have been set on fire if the mission to AIW was a failure, but was a sign of success just as the burning of the Porsche was a sign of success from the S house as that part was over with and it was now time to destroy evidence.
Do you think we'll learn that AIW was indeed broken into and robbed?

What did they arrest Wint for shortly before the murders? Tia is this when he was found with a machete?

Is it being confirmed in trial testimony there was a break in at AIW shortly after the murders? Sorry I'm confused if those are facts in evidence or something else?

Do you think we'll learn that AIW was indeed broken into and robbed?

No, because I don't think anything obvious was taken nor was there an attempt at arson. I think the only signs would be found in proactively auditing the AIW security data for discrepancies, like if SS's access badge/alarm code/etc was used after he was deceased, which we know as fact the MO of the person or persons involved was extremely focused on defeating security systems and destroying security system evidence.

What did they arrest Wint for shortly before the murders? Tia is this when he was found with a machete?

Is it being confirmed in trial testimony there was a break in at AIW shortly after the murders? Sorry I'm confused if those are facts in evidence or something else?

“Wint allegedly found with machete, BB pistol outside AIW

Wint was arrested for carrying a two-foot-long machete and a BB pistol outside the American Iron Works headquarters in 2010, but weapons charges were dropped after he pleaded guilty to possessing an open container of alcohol, reports the Associated Press.“

That paragraph is from this link- good recap of DW criminal history

Daron Wint: Quadruple murder suspect's criminal history

No, because I don't think anything obvious was taken nor was there an attempt at arson. I think the only signs would be found in proactively auditing the AIW security data for discrepancies, like if SS's access badge/alarm code/etc was used after he was deceased, which we know as fact the MO of the person or persons involved was extremely focused on defeating security systems and destroying security system evidence.

The AIW break is just speculation. I haven't read any factual evidence. I've been past the place in person, it's buzzing with laborers, machinery and contractors. IMO there is no way someone (even if they were wearing a work vest), could walk into the offices and destroy/ remove anything. You might be able to swipe materials, maybe but sensitive documents or surveillance video, not likely.

It's confirmed that DW bought gloves after the murders, his stepmom initially saw the car 40 miles away at her Latham home, subsequently the car disappeared where his mom asked about it where he could neither explain where it was no was he willing to call in the car as stolen as his stepmom asked him about doing that, then he went to NY. I'm saying all of this was for a purpose as DW didn't just decide to torch his car 40 miles away from his home right by AIW for no reason.

The AIW break is just speculation. I haven't read any factual evidence. I've been past the place in person, it's buzzing with laborers, machinery and contractors. IMO there is no way someone (even if they were wearing a work vest), could walk into the offices and destroy/ remove anything. You might be able to swipe materials, maybe but sensitive documents or surveillance video, not likely.
What about in the overnight hours? Did you notice if the business operates around the clock?

The brothers were making their glove and backpack purchases around 11pm. I've been assuming they then went directly to AIW, so they would have been there in the middle of the night, though that is speculation, not fact. I was also assuming the place would be quiet during the night, but again, that's speculation.

jmo

“Wint allegedly found with machete, BB pistol outside AIW

Wint was arrested for carrying a two-foot-long 9machete and a BB pistol outside the American Iron Works headquarters in 2010, but weapons charges were dropped after he pleaded guilty to possessing an open container of alcohol, reports the Associated Press.“

That paragraph is from this link- good recap of DW criminal history

Daron Wint: Quadruple murder suspect's criminal history

Thank you. Omg he came to the states in 2000 yet had over 30 arrests.

This man is very violent. It seems to be who he is and probably has been all of his life. I would like to know if he had a violent history in his own country even as a young child or in his teens.

He is so abnormal imo. He has a hair trigger temper.

It's not normal for anyone to be this obsessed with a prior employer. Wint must hold illogical extreme grudges. Imo this is the only logical explanation that makes sense to me why he targeted THIS family overkilling them.

None of the torture and brutality was necessary to end each one of their lives but it was very important and necessary to carry it out this way for Wint.

He is a monster but not one in fiction novels or one in a movie. This is the real monster these 4 faced for many hours. The very one who put 4 innocent souls through hell ...before he finally killed them all.

Killing a terrified helpless little boy by burning him alive shows all too well what DW is capable of doing and how cold and decayed his heart is. Most murders don't do what he did especially to little children.

He ranks up there with other psychopaths like Joe Duncan and Charles Merritt.

Jmo

Yes, obviously it's speculation, which WebSleuths would pretty much not function without speculation. Also I look at what everyone can see, which anyone can see on StreetView that all that would have to be done is go to the front door and use SS's keys/codes/badges/etc where you would avoid laborers/machinery/etc by going right to the office and avoiding the factory area as there's no reason to walk by the factory area to get to the corporate office section. AIW HQ is basically L-shaped with the offices at the top of the L, meaning only those from certain vantage points on the grounds could even see anyone going to the office entrance. The daylight view which everyone on here can see with their own eyes can count for themselves how many laborers and contractors they see out working at AIW and if any of them could see the office entrance from where they were at. I would encourage people to look for themselves using both StreetView and overhead view of AIW to judge for themselves both the layout as well as the activity:
Google Maps
We are also dealing with perp(s) who did factually swipe surveillance video/defeat the security system and went out of their way to do so and factually DW's van was right by AIW after the murders even though it was 40 miles away from his home and he did factually purchase gloves/backpacks after the murders but before his van ended up by AIW. There's got to be a reason why DW's van was there after getting $40K and the quadruple homicide with his stepmom expressly testifying she had briefly seen his van at her Latham home after the murders until it disappeared without explanation from DW when his stepmom asked...

Thank you. Omg he came to the states in 2000 yet had over 30 arrests.

This man is very violent. It seems to be who he is and probably has been all of his life. I would like to know if he had a violent history in his own country even as a young child or in his teens.

He is so abnormal imo. He has a hair trigger temper.

It's not normal for anyone to be this obsessed with a prior employer. Wint must hold illogical extreme grudges. Imo this is the only logical explanation that makes sense to me why he targeted THIS family overkilling them.

None of the torture and brutality was necessary to end each one of their lives but it was very important and necessary to carry it out this way for Wint.

He is a monster but not one in fiction novels or one in a movie. This is the real monster these 4 faced for many hours. The very one who put 4 innocent souls through hell ...before he finally killed them all.

Killing a terrified helpless little boy by burning him alive shows all too well what DW is capable of doing and how cold and decayed his heart is. Most murders don't do what he did especially to little children.

He ranks up there with other psychopaths like Joe Duncan and Charles Merritt.

Jmo
Don't forget his brothers, who where with him and did nothing to stop him/helped him. They have socially accepted horrifically violent crime as normal behavior and those that enforce the law as the enemy. I see this on Worldstarhiphop website. JMO

Yes, obviously it's speculation, which WebSleuths would pretty much not function without speculation. Also I look at what everyone can see, which anyone can see on StreetView that all that would have to be done is go to the front door and use SS's keys/codes/badges/etc where you would avoid laborers/machinery/etc by going right to the office and avoiding the factory area as there's no reason to walk by the factory area to get to the corporate office section. AIW HQ is basically L-shaped with the offices at the top of the L, meaning only those from certain vantage points on the grounds could even see anyone going to the office entrance. The daylight view which everyone on here can see with their own eyes can count for themselves how many laborers and contractors they see out working at AIW and if any of them could see the office entrance from where they were at. I would encourage people to look for themselves using both StreetView and overhead view of AIW to judge for themselves both the layout as well as the activity:
Google Maps
We are also dealing with perp(s) who did factually swipe surveillance video/defeat the security system and went out of their way to do so and factually DW's van was right by AIW after the murders even though it was 40 miles away from his home and he did factually purchase gloves/backpacks after the murders but before his van ended up by AIW. There's got to be a reason why DW's van was there after getting $40K and the quadruple homicide with his stepmom expressly testifying she had briefly seen his van at her Latham home after the murders until it disappeared without explanation from DW when his stepmom asked...
Thanks for the link to the business location. I looked at the site (via google) three years ago, but not since. I had forgotten (or didn't notice at the time) that the business is on a dead end. No ongoing traffic. Again, I wonder if the place operated around the clock. My hunch is that it ran normal business hours, or at least shut down over night. The place would be desolate at night, like after the Walmart glove and backpack run.

jmo

Don't forget his brothers, who where with him and did nothing to stop him/helped him. They have socially accepted horrifically violent crime as normal behavior and those that enforce the law as the enemy. I see this on Worldstarhiphop website. JMO

Helped him murder the 4 victims? I haven't seen any trial testimony or evidence supporting that. I have seen the defense claim that however that's not evidence

Do you mean after he had murdered the 4 and left their home? If so I certainly think they helped him flee and helped him launder the blood money he took from Savvas.

No doubt neither of the brothers are choir boys by any estimation and gladly took part of the blood money Wint had in his possession when he left the murder scene. I am sure they had no problem taking any money he gave them since they were helping him flee.

But in this case imo the Wint on trial was the sole one who carried out the murders. I have seen no evidence showing otherwise.

I do think the state will call both brothers to testify most likely near the end of their CIC.

Jmo

Just a quick word...

As horrendous as this crime is, this discussion is one of the best I've followed on WS. Great group here.

I agree. I was just thinking last night how much I enjoy this exact group. Ya'll are amazing. A much younger friend of mine always says "catching feelings" when she likes someone ... new term for me. So .... I have already caught feelings for this group.

I was always jealous, in a good way, when in other threads people seemed to "know" each other more and have a good comaraderie.

Now I'm IN ONE of those groups here.

Group hug. ;-)

Last edited:
I want to update what I had said as I went back and checked the location where the van was found and it was by the Maryland location rather than Virginia location, but the same issues crop where how anyone could actually see you go in there at 2 AM on a Friday or Saturday night:
Google Maps
You can basically 'drive' around the location to where a Bentley is parked and office is labeled AIW, so presumably that's the actual corporate office there, but there's a variety of AIW buildings sharing the same characteristics where they all are outward facing where if there was factory work going on the factory workers couldn't see you enter the offices and any unknown cars wouldn't be suspicious because they could be going to the Budget Self-Storage. Wint and/or whoever else could have gone in the middle of the night and parked at the Budget facility (or even in AIW parking spaces) without drawing suspicion for driving there and not being seen by any laborers if there was any there working 3rd shift weekend hours. The building looks even easier to enter than the Chantilly offices with the entrance being even harder to see by outside laborers and I don't know why anyone would be at a corporate office at 2 AM on the weekend even if ongoing work was done at the facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member