DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying every power line transmits rf signals or just those with the orange balls?

I live in an area with underground utilities. And the only orange balls are on a few tall ones in an electric company easement miles away.

I see regular power lines in the S house photos but no orange balls.

JMO
Every power line is an antenna that receives a signal. Every signal. The equipment in the orange balls detect the smallest of signals, separate them from noise,and transmit this data to satellite uplink/downlink. The orange balls are collecting signal from miles away on the power line antenna.

The power lines are VERY long antennas. Allowing ALL rf signals to be captured. The equipment in the orange balls collects the signals and transmits them up to a satellite which re transmits them to a base in Alamogordo New Mexico. I had the program names wrong, it is SIGINT/ Echelon. Carnivore is internet based. ECHELON is researchable, even Wikipedia has an entry.

Thank you for additional info :)

I respect your beliefs but, uhmmm... I'm not sold.

If I recall the video of the man running with the bucket appeared thinner than DW IMHO but I thought it could be the angle and movement. I'd have to see it again it's been years.

I can find "bucket runner" still shots but not the fulll video... anyone else?

I found it :)

Hooded man wanted as 'person of interest' in murder of CEO, his wife, their son, 10, and maid after their bodies were found in blaze at million-dollar home and their Porsche dumped across town | Daily Mail Online

Savopoulos family killings: Daron Wint on trial

After the first tweets you will find a synopsis of who testified today... 2 entries for Day 9 testimony.

JMO

Thank you so much for the link to this trial blog, and thank you to everyone who has been posting! I've been unable to follow closely for the last few days so I am just getting caught up.

As far as the approx timeline on the 14th, I just want to make sure I have this correct:

1:30 pm-Savopoulos house on fire, firemen arriving

1:15-2:00 pm??-witness reported seeing Porsche being driven erratically by a black man with short, well-groomed hair wearing a green construction vest

2:15 pm-tow truck driver picked up DW near where the Porsche was later found, driver takes DW to D.C. to get van (a D.C. traffic camera picked up the driver's tow truck entering D.C. via New York Avenue and Montana Avenue at 2:25 p.m. on May 14- about an hour after firefighters received the first report of the Savopoulos' house being on fire). The driver told jurors he towed the van back to the same area where he picked up DW.

5 pm-employee of nearby restaurant testified when she was leaving the restaurant for the day at about 5 pm she saw man matching DW's description near the parking lot, shortly before the Porsche burst into flames.

5:30 pm-The Porsche was found on fire at about 5:30 pm. Employee said she doesn't think the figure seen on surveillance running away was the same man with dreadlocks that she saw.

Late evening: Seen with brother on video from Walmart

So were all or some the W brothers involved and look enough alike to confuse people/witnesses?

Reasonable doubt? Was this part of the plan?

Anyone seen pics of SW and DarrW with DW?? Do they look alike?
Did DW drive the Porsche to point A and hand it off to another W brother drive it to the church parking lot? Then D go back to torch it after retrieving his minivan?

MOO

'Just a brief quote from Melanie Alnwick's FB of brothers looking similar:

"One man, identified as Darrell, is wearing a dark black hoodie jacket with a silver zipper, light colored camo pants and black tennis shoes.His hair is cut very close to his head, almost bald.

Daron is wearing a white sweat jacket, with red epaulets on the shoulder and a shiny red “R” crest on the left breast. His pants appear to be gray slouchy sweatpants, and his shoulder length dreadlocks are pulled back away from his face."

Melanie Alnwick FOX 5 DC

'Just a brief quote from Melanie Alnwick's FB of brothers looking similar:

"One man, identified as Darrell, is wearing a dark black hoodie jacket with a silver zipper, light colored camo pants and black tennis shoes.His hair is cut very close to his head, almost bald.

Daron is wearing a white sweat jacket, with red epaulets on the shoulder and a shiny red “R” crest on the left breast. His pants appear to be gray slouchy sweatpants, and his shoulder length dreadlocks are pulled back away from his face."

Melanie Alnwick FOX 5 DC

I guess I’m really wondering if their faces look alike and are their body types similar.

Are they both about 5’10?
Weight about the same?
Skin tone the same or similar?
Face shape the same?

Do they look similar enough to “confuse” people from a distance?

Anybody seen a mugshot of DarrW?

JMO and wondering...

I'm going to go ahead and state an opinion. I do not think that is Daron Wint running from the Porsche in the video. The witness from the restaurant who positively identified DW also doesn't believe it is the same person. I've always believed he had help and I believe the person running from the Porsche is one of his brothers.

MOO and all other disclaimers apply. I have no evidence at all.

I'm going to go ahead and state an opinion. I do not think that is Daron Wint running from the Porsche in the video. The witness from the restaurant who positively identified DW also doesn't believe it is the same person. I've always believed he had help and I believe the person running from the Porsche is one of his brothers.

MOO and all other disclaimers apply. I have no evidence at all.

Welcome @WilsonVB !!

I want to update what I had said as I went back and checked the location where the van was found and it was by the Maryland location rather than Virginia location, but the same issues crop where how anyone could actually see you go in there at 2 AM on a Friday or Saturday night:
Google Maps
You can basically 'drive' around the location to where a Bentley is parked and office is labeled AIW, so presumably that's the actual corporate office there, but there's a variety of AIW buildings sharing the same characteristics where they all are outward facing where if there was factory work going on the factory workers couldn't see you enter the offices and any unknown cars wouldn't be suspicious because they could be going to the Budget Self-Storage. Wint and/or whoever else could have gone in the middle of the night and parked at the Budget facility (or even in AIW parking spaces) without drawing suspicion for driving there and not being seen by any laborers if there was any there working 3rd shift weekend hours. The building looks even easier to enter than the Chantilly offices with the entrance being even harder to see by outside laborers and I don't know why anyone would be at a corporate office at 2 AM on the weekend even if ongoing work was done at the facility.
At a worksite like that, they have to have security cameras and guards.

I finally gave in to my curiousity last night and drove by the house (well, empty lot now) on my way home from work. It struck me how close the house was to the street - both in the front (Woodland Dr side) and the side (32nd st side). Not that this means anything, it just surprised me. Going to have to go back when it's light outside.

Two twists today:

@fox5wagner reports that the woman at the restaurant who saw DW acting suspiciously in the parking lot where the Posche was burnt, identifies him in court but says he is not the same man on the video we see running away with the bucket on May 14th Paul Wagner (@Fox5Wagner) | Twitter

@clohertywtop reports that AS's friend testified that she saw her walking around 3pm on 5/13 wearing "nice clothes", specifically a skirt. Evidence shows that AS was weairing white jeans when she took PS to the doctor as well as when her body was discovered by firefighters Megan Cloherty (@ClohertyWTOP) | Twitter

What do we make of this?

That eyewitnesses aren't always reliable, and in fact, mistaken eyewitness identifications contributed to approximately 70% of the more than 350 wrongful convictions in the United States overturned by post-conviction DNA evidence.

That eyewitnesses aren't always reliable, and in fact, mistaken eyewitness identifications contributed to approximately 70% of the more than 350 wrongful convictions in the United States overturned by post-conviction DNA evidence.

Welcome @NDC !
Do you have link or source for that statement?

Eyewitnesses often are incorrect.
JMO.

I finally gave in to my curiousity last night and drove by the house (well, empty lot now) on my way home from work. It struck me how close the house was to the street - both in the front (Woodland Dr side) and the side (32nd st side). Not that this means anything, it just surprised me. Going to have to go back when it's light outside.

Ugh. I live 1/2 a mile away and remember the day it happened. I was driving home from work and saw all the firetrucks, police, news crews, and even animal control (for the dogs, I assume). I have a child at Oyster ES. It still gives me chills sometimes when I drive through the intersection around the corner from the house. I'm glad they tore it down.

True but I do think the witness did see Amy walking.

Sadly that would mean she changed clothes. I shudder at that thought with Wint right there. He could have made her undress in front of him to humilate her even if he didn't sexually assault her.

The fact that she had a bloody shoe print on her jeans is still very heartbreaking.

Didn't his criminal history involve a sexual assault?

I don't think she changed clothes--she was wearing the pants earlier that day. I'm guessing the witness got it wrong. I couldn't tell you what any of my neighbors was wearing on any particular day.

I believe the Austrailian property groundskeepers. They testified the garage door seemed to open for a black person- someone already inside the garage let him in: more than 1 person. ELINT/Carnivor (those orange balls on the power lines) could be used to see if a garage door opener was used at that location at that time. ELINT/Carnivor records ALL radio data everywhere in the U.S.

Huh? As far as I know, those orange balls are markers for aircraft to visual power lines in a required by the FAA at certain places.

Do you have a link showing that they are data gatherers?

I was trying to educate myself and Google, but I could not find anything that says that those markers are what you are saying they are.

ETA, I see it has already been addressed. Carry on.

Last edited:
Presumably the dogs needed routine walking, so the neighbor could have seen AS some other day in that timeframe & just mixed it up.

IMO running guy in surveillance vid doesn’t look like DW, that’s been clear since we got a look at him during his arrest. The footage is not exactly HD quality, could the figure be distorted / elongated?

Otherwise maybe a co-perp (brother?) met him at the location, which was right next to the sister’s house after all.

We have info that DW left AS’s car there around 2:00 (tow-truck driver) and was there at setting of fire around 5:00 (restaurant employee who saw him). Do we know what time the running figure was recorded? IIRC it was said to be shortly before the fire started.

So maybe the bucket contained money or whatever else stolen from the S house & was left in the car by DW, then retrieved by someone else. Then once the valuables had been taken out, car set on fire by DW. Speculating, JMO.

Or maybe the bucket was of gasoline / accelerant, brought by conspirator to get the fire started then removed from scene immediately. Restaurant employee seemed to describe DW waiting anxiously for something - maybe he was waiting for brother to bring accelerant, and anxious about being spotted near AS’s car as he waited. All just speculation, MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021